Author Topic: Pokemon Tower Defense  (Read 26041 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Newo1202

Re: Pokemon Tower Defense
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2011, 22:43 »
Personally, seeing as the whirlwind technique as been kicked to the side, I recommend you just get your Pokemon to as high of a level as you can, and try to beat the wild Pokemon by sheer force. I know that's not much help, but I don't work well with strategy... HOWEVER! If you have your starter, you can teach it either Solarbeam, Fire Blast or Blizzard (Venasaur, Charizard and Blastoise respectively(or if you're like me, have all three)). These moves are like UBER powerful in this game, allowing you to hit more than one opponent at a time, the they almost ALWAYS hit.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2011, 00:32 »
Suicune in rain > Everything. Seriously, STAB Rain boosted Hydro Pump obliterates everything, resistant or not.

Edit: The new update sees us in Celadon Gym, which is fairly difficult, and disproves the theory that Suicune in Rain > Everything, since Celebi's Solarbeams are absurdly powerful. :<

But we'll be getting a Game Corner on Monday, for those who've beaten Celadon Gym! ^^
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:23 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Newo1202

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 18:29 »
I seem to have a little trouble with the Celadon Gym. I have gotten all the way to the last wave, but I lose by ONE candy. And by that, I mean, if I had ONE more candy, I'd have won. It's annoying, but I guess I'll just have to move my Pokemon faster. The pattern is easy to follow though, seeing as it's just anti-clockwise from Top-Left.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2011, 03:34 »
Don't try fighting Celebi. Everything else can be easily dealt with. Just remove your Pokemon from the field when Celebi appears, and kill everything else, and you should have candy to spare.

Newo1202

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2011, 17:59 »
I actually beat this level 10 minutes after I posted my last comment. Fire Blasting Charizard, Ninetails and Arcanine with the assistance of Alakazam defeated this level. Would have been harder without Nidoking to helping hand everyone though :3

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 13:17 »
The Game Corner is up and running, with several awesome prizes up for grabs. I've already got a Scyther and a shiny Dratini (which is now a level 44 shiny Dragonair =D)! The Game Corner slots can be done 500 times a day, so get going! ^^

Newo1202

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2011, 18:55 »
How long did it take you to get the coins? I want to get a Dratini (just regular), but I don't want to spend ages wasting my time on pressing a button. Plus my team is pretty awesome anyway...

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 08:06 »
Slot Machine 7 gives the biggest payout, but it's deceptive; it'll give you nothing a lot, and then it'll give 100 or 300 most times that it gives a payout, so you effectively get more this way. I'm at 20k coins atm.

Anyways, the level cap is 47 now, and I've got 46 level 47's. Just waiting for the next level. :3
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:06 by Richard and Blaziken »

Newo1202

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2011, 20:26 »
Nice Pokemon you got there! Where'd you get so many shinies? Did you trade, or did you find them? I don't really care for shinies, I was just wondering :3 Also, I managed to get enough coins for Dratini, I just need to level it now. :)

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2011, 01:42 »
Most were obtained through clever trading. V4.2 is coming soon, and the level cap will be raised to 50.

Shinies also level up faster, as Sam has stated in his blog, which is partly why I prefer them.

Newo1202

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 17:28 »
I thought I'd just wake up this topic, seeing as it hadn't been used since 21st Sept.

v4.3 is out now, this is a much wanted update for me, not only because of another level cap raise, but because we get a story level built specifically for our training needs! We can't lose on this level either, so that's a thing! I'm also happy about map movement with the arrow keys, now I don't have to move my mouse for no reason! We get Venonat... I care not for Venonat... but we get Super Potions! :D They also made a seemingly pointless change to the game corner, boosting the amount of coins used per turn, but boosting our chances of winning coins also, so that's silly... So yeah, other than some bugs being fixed, that's round about what we've been given, I quite like our new additions!

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2011, 01:43 »
The coin change was so the server would stop crashing, due to so many people doing their 500 clicks per day. A much needed change.

I haven't had internet for a while, and mine is still acting up, but I'm looking forward to seeing this new map. Super Potions will be helpful as well.

Offline Owen Daynes

• A top-notch guy.
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
    • Check out my YouTube page!
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2011, 21:53 »
I've just managed to get my Dragonair to evolve into a Dragonite, not going to lie, I think it's awesome! I currently run a Special Dragonite (which isn't really important in this game), which from my childhood, I always called it "Puff" after Puff the magic dragon!

Either way, my Moveset is Thunder, Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Dragon Rush, while being assisted by my Nidoking, who not only is the helping hander of my team, but also rain dances for my Thunder.

Now, I plan on changing the move set of Puff slightly, I'd like to change Dragon Rush, as it hasn't really proved useful as of yet, the thing is, I'm having a problem deciding what move to replace Rush with. I was think either Roost or Agility, both of these moves would help I believe, but deciding which would help more is hard. I could also choose Bubble beam, as I believe Rain Boosted Bubble beam might still pack a punch.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Offline strongm

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2013, 13:01 »
hermesguy I play this game and that's awesome , I like it , thanks .