Author Topic: HeartGold Team Help Needed!  (Read 1060 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
HeartGold Team Help Needed!
« on: October 05, 2016, 06:10 »
  It's finally time to tackle my somewhat unplayable copy of HeartGold!  Problem is that I have no idea what to run.  The playthrough will end when I beat Red and once I beat Lance I get access to Trade Evolutions, so Trade Evo Pokemon are acceptable.

So far I've decided on Typhlosion and Togekiss.  All Non-SoulSilver exclusive Pokemon are up for grabs except the ones you find at the end of the game, like Sneasel.
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: HeartGold Team Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:00 »
If you use the Pokewalker and have an Action Replay, I happen to have a code that unlocks all the Pokewalker courses.

You'd have to PM me if you want it, we can't share AR codes here.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 14:48 »
I don't have a Pokewalker, and hacking and utilizing the RNG and Glitches are all against the Pokemon Terms of Service, not to mention that I don't even own a hacking device.

TL;DR
Hacking and Glitching is wrong and I don't have a Pokewalker or a hacking device.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 00:40 »
heads up you can trade after the first gym, not the e4, unless you're on about transferring from previous gens.

I haven't finished my HGSS run, but I have noticed that HGSS's level curve and the amount of grinding pre first e4 (and for a good bit after) is... really bad. may be worth trading them over for grinding (boosted exp) which isn't cheating at all as long as both copies of the game are legit and you've got two different consoles ofc

don't forget to grind for thunderbolt at the game corner early in the game - it's OP, definitely on magnemite and ampharos (I personally suggest the former for your team - magnetometer works really well)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline MegaNerd14

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 02:15 »
   I don't have either SoulSilver or another copy of HeartGold, so I can only trade with Platinum, which can't happen until I receive the National Dex.  I'm also thinking of using Gengar.  Maybe Poliwrath.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:39 by PokeMaster9001 »