Author Topic: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]  (Read 26778 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 01:21 »
Come on people, we need more day warlocks! Although, it's nice to see people interested.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:24 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Wolstenholme

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 05:47 »
I was gonna be a day warlock!

quack98

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 06:14 »
@Moonchaser, looks good so far. I take it you're ~halfway through your character description?

Wolstenholme

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 22:43 »
Name: Chloe (fake personas aren't like me, my character will just be me in a different world.)

Physical Description: Not very tall but agile with good balance and rather bad hand-eye co-ordination. Long blonde hair (with middle parting and no fringe) and mid blue eyes, not thin but nowhere near fat, decent arm muscles and big-ish legs, features are somewhat small (hands, feet & ears) with pale skin that has small spots or zits here and there and lots of freckles. Definitely does not have big chest, although it is not flat either, nose and mouth are neither big nor small and are in perfect size relative to the rest of my body.

Character Description: Nervous disposition when confronted with the unknown, but is agreeable and outgoing, she doesn't like to get on the bad side of others and when things go wrong usually cries. Is very picky with food and does not like curry, seafood (including fish) or green vegetables but will eat practically any fruit, meat or sugary food. (I included the food preferences because I felt the need.) Not a fan of conflict or fighting and much prefers exploring and having fun. Is socially awkward when facing sad moments. She is intelligent enough to survive and is filled with often very useful pieces of information.

History: Grew up in a small town which is called (for all intents and purposes) Kiverton with both parents who did not believe in magic. At the age of 12 she ran away because she knew that magic was real and that she had a talent for it

Magical Hemisphere: Day

Spread of magic:
Pyromancy: 2
Biomancy: 9
Geomancy: 4

Necromancy: 1
Telekinesis: 3
Divination: 1

^.^
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:37 by Wolstenholme »

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 23:52 »
Name: Comet

Description: When I stand over you before you die, neither of us would believe that I am, in fact, no taller than 6'3." Whether or not you deserve to even lay eyes on me in the first place, you would see me as a monster. A pale-faced vampire with frightening eyes, black pupils that are literally deep, making eye contact the greatest stab at one of your senses that you may ever experience. Blood-red irises tightly ring this deep, sorrowful part of my eyes, divided into multiple red rays, like a staircase leading into an abyss of morbid pleasure, each strand representing one warlock scum whom I've killed. My silver hair isn't squared around my head, nor spiked up, but has a gentle, rounded look, while it isn't too long. It would stir calmly above my forehead as you are pinned down by my slender shoe, numb from its dull, stubby heel, too unconscious to be scared, dead in every aspect yet having a sliver of life. Like red thread on a spool, my usually blood-stained upper fangs curl over the stiff, lower projections, which I have relied on, for my pleasure intake, ever since I’d sealed my fate for the better. I had undergone a strange transformation at some point in my life, ever since I had devoted my life to Necromancy, whose power overwhelmed me, and I believe that is why my eyes have turned red and fangs have grown in. Whether I'm killing or lying bloody on the streets of Equinox, I always dress in the pale, silky robe of a warlock, whose sleeves are ringed with a golden grain pattern on a band of purple fabric at the rim. It once belonged to my father.

History:

26 years ago...

"Silver!" the boy's father, a young-looking man with dirty-blond hair like dead grass, screamed. The boy that he had once loved now stood over him, glaring at his father with red eyes through his silver hair. "Silver..." the father's voice softened as he lost a great deal of hope for his son. The man was on the floor, desperately raising his head slightly over his lying body to see, looking frightened and helpless, holding himself up with his right elbow on the ground and inching his body back into the corner of a dilapidated cabin.
     "You fear me... how pathetic. A father who fears his own son? I've determined that you are only a father in title. You see, I've chosen Necromancy over you, and at this point I only want to get stronger... you are in my way. You will only make me weaker by bringing about some sympathy I have locked away somewhere inside for you... By killing you my heart will no longer find anything else challenging," the 12-year-old Silver calmly explained, as a drop of blood funneled down onto a strand of his pale hair and fell to the ground.
     "I...do not understand. You... Silver... you would never think or act this way. What has brought about this desire?" Silver's father asked, hoping to find an answer that would convince him that his son was innocent before dying.
     "When I was seven years old... you told me about the arcane war that nearly tore Equinox apart. You described the magic that flew between enemies... You described how your father had been an influential necromancer who had made an enemy's skull fall off his rotting neck... You told me that you grew up to be a fairly skilled biomancer who had trained himself in secret long after the war was over. And then you tried to tell me that magic was foolishness, but by then I was already lost in the image of Necromancy, the only thing that you had described in great detail. To train in secret as a biomancer you must have had some guidance to keep your powers stable. Wherever this source of information was, I never found it until you left your warlock's cloak behind. I found out that you had been carrying a book on the arcane, something that I took from you and kept with me from then on. I used all the time I had to myself to practice the Necromancy I had set my sights on," Silver closed his eyes and explained to his dying father.
     "Silver! You need to answer my question... Why exactly have you gone mad?" the man got up and asked with a stern look on his face.
     "At some point later... I had an awakening. Some force inside me emerged and cut my senses in half. I felt pleasure... I felt as if I had begun a transformation... That all I lived for was Necromancy. You may not understand this feeling, though you claim you are an experienced biomancer... Because I am the one who stands over you now with the intent of killing. You are barely on your feet and allowing that to happen. You will not even fight back. I will answer your question more clearly; I have not gone mad. I have been chosen by Necromancy," Silver muttered, throwing his head into the air and shouting out the last line. He swept his tongue all around the outside of his mouth and tasted the drops of blood he collected on it.
     "...I see. I hope Necromancy abandons you and leaves you on your knees. In other words, I hope that one day you will return to your senses. Goodbye... Silver," the father cursed his demonic son, prepared to die at his hands.

Magical Hemisphere: Night

Spread of magic:

Necromancy: 10/10
Divination: 3/10
Telekinesis: 2/10

Biomancy: 5/10
Geomancy: 0/10
Pyromancy: 0/10

Other: As the boy Silver grew older, he devoted his entire life to Necromancy, and eventually took the name Comet -- the only name he would reveal to his victims before killing them from then on. Power-hungry Necromancers know him as the "Chosen Necromancer." To those who have avoided death at his hands, he is known as the "Cursed Necromancer."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 20:41 by SiteHaunter »
I am your master.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 00:36 »
I've finished my form.

quack98

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 14:41 »
Firstly, please accept my apologies for not getting back to y'all sooner.

Just read the forms, Chloe & Moon Chaser, yours are great, and SiteHaunter, that's very detailed, and once the character description is done it will most likely be a yes. (Although your character is obvious from your physical description, I'll still wait for you to write it officially, mainly for formality & completeness)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 17:31 by ディック »

Offline Private Delano Donut

• if i ignore you im sort of sorry
  • Rob Fan
  • i like talking to people about 75% of the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 23:11 »
Just read the forms, Chloe & Moon Chaser, yours are great, and SiteHaunter, that's very detailed, and once the character description is done it will most likely be a yes. (Although your character is obvious from your physical description, I'll still wait for you to write it officially, mainly for formality & completeness)
psst
actually im like 99% sure that was done on purpose. its usually a lot easier anyway to incorporate the whole character in a segment than strain it out over two different areas
uhhhh,,, idk i just felt like i should pop in and say that really i dont think thats necessary but youre the leader here and i respect whatever decision you come up with
:)

if i could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by?

quack98

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 23:14 »
Yeah, I did think of that. If that is the case, I'd like him to make physical description named 'Description', just to show it covers both

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 21:42 »
So, are you ready to start?

quack98

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 22:02 »
((Yep, we're good to start now, although I'll still leave applications open for a little longer, RPing officially begins now, so if everyone can post their opening post, I'll get to work on mine))

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 22:30 »
((I'm going to refer to myself in the first person))

I'm walking through the village back to the house where my teacher, Afi, and I reside. I make it back there and i'm surprised to see him there. "Edan, it's time  for you to take your final test. Pass this, and you may go out on your own to master your craft." He said. "Ok, what is my task?" I asked him. "Your task," Afi said, "is to control your fire and burn the group of trees surrounding our house, without the fire even touching any part of the house."

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 23:56 »
Name:  Siofra (SHEE-frah)

Physical Description:  Siofra is shorter than average for a woman of her age, making her appear less of a threat than she may actually be.  She is olive skinned with a slightly round face; her eyes are a dull green, her nose is a little large and her mouth seems to have a natural smile.  She has a chubby-ish figure with slight curves.  Her hair is black and reaches down to her waist; she usually ties it back in a loose bun.  Clothing-wise, she wears whatever she can find; her preferences are tank-tops, T-shirts and trousers.

Character Description:  Siofra cares very little for other people and has a very 'survival of the fittest' mindset.  She shows her childish nature through tricks and pranks; though she is clearly an adult she only shows maturity through her manner and intelligence.  Siofra is patient and tolerant with people, though that doesn't keep her from being mischievous.  She can't be said to hold a grudge as she never tries to get personal with people.  She is very intrigued by new knowledge about magic, and likes to read in her spare time.

History:  Siofra remembers very little of her family because she chooses to.  The closest to her childhood you will likely get out of her is that she grew up in Rorke.  To those with the knowledge, Rorke is notorious for its bad history with magic as much as its discrimination against it.
          Growing up through adolescence, Siofra lived away from civilisation in the countryside, finding shelter where she could.  She practised magic tirelessly.  Whenever she found herself in populated areas, she caused whatever mischief she could for various reasons, but it was commonly in the name of self-gain and boredom.  She especially enjoyed 'haunting' unsuspecting travellers to steal from them.
          Only recently has she decided to travel to Equinox, believing that she will find a good challenge for her magical abilities.

Magical Hemisphere:  Day

Spread of magic:

Pyromancy 2/10
Geomancy 9/10
Biomancy 4/10

Necromancy 0/10
Telekinesis 5/10
Divination 0/10

Other:   She has a bit of a fondness for animals, but prefers plants as 'pets'.

((I hope you're still accepting.  Let me know if there's anything I need to change. =3))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 00:01 by MissLuluZombie »
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

quack98

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 00:03 »
((Yeah, we're still accepting, and that form looks fine, just the right amount of detail in the descriptions, you're in!))

Wolstenholme

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 13:44 »
The scent of burning wood fades away as I douse the flames of my fire. I look across from the mountain, there is a vast expanse of barren land before me and in the distance a cocophany of bright lights, the rush and flow of a city echoes to itself through the emptiness like a farway shout of rejoice. I can make out some buildings by silhouette in the evening light. Tomorrow my fate will begin...