Author Topic: Majors  (Read 2291 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
Re: Majors
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 20:57 »
Speaking as an Old Person, I just wanna say to all the younglings out there who might not really know what it is that they want to do not to panic! I think there's a lot of pressure on school kids to know what they want to do for the rest of their lives, and the person you are when you leave school and start college or uni is going to be vastly different from the person you will be when you finish. There's no rush! I'll be 30 in a matter of weeks and still don't know what I want to do.

...though I guess if pressed I'd probably say something ~artistic~, since I really enjoyed my time at college studying Visual Communication. When I first went to college straight from school I studied Music ("Modern Musicianship") and ended up loathing it.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 00:00 »
@Spriter. Gloucestershire Uni's Creative Writing course is THE no.1 Creative Writing course for student satisfaction in the UK. The modules are cool, the lecturers are awesome, the campus is in Cheltenham and it's 300 UCAS points to get in.

It basically has everything I want & more. I applied to Keele but then I went to an open day and the halls of residence are basically horrible & the whole place is outdated. Plus in Cheltenham there's a Literature festival every year which is great.

What I'm saying is, join my course xD
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 16:34 »
I studied music technology at the University of Wolverhampton. Involved studio recording, live sound recording, live sound engineering, studio engineering, sound system design and acoustics (which involved much physics and maths), music industry, marketing, film scoring and other stuff. Really enjoyable and lots of fun physics.

I then went to Birmingham City University to train to be a music teacher but there were no jobs around after leaving. So a summer job for a few quid during the summer turned into another career in commercial vehicle leasing. But all the business/marketing/website design/networking stuff I learned at uni has come in useful. So it wasn't totally wasted.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:45 by Milsap »
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Mistral

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Petalburg Woods
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 10:11 »
I was an international studies major, but I ended up changing to English with an emphasis in journalism instead. International studies sounded like it would bore me once I actually thoroughly looked at the courses I needed to take, so I took something I'd be more interested in. I'm a junior right now, and I'll hopefully be finished within the next 3 years. ;3