Ampharos
7 (13.2%)
Mawile
7 (13.2%)
I like it all
5 (9.4%)
This is a completely idiotic and stupid idea
9 (17%)
I like one of them, just not one listed.
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: October 07, 2013, 17:04

Author Topic: New Mega Evolutions  (Read 20178 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
Re: New Mega Evolutions
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 22:02 »
it seems very odd and un-pokémon-like... which i guess is the point of something being New. 
i think theyre quite cool looking woo. 
theyre not different enough to be evolutions all of them, but random power-up forms... sure, why not. 
some pokémon have already had other formes anyway. 

or maybe im not put out by them because ive been playing a lot of digimon recently.
resisting with all of my might to refer to them as "burst mode". 

i hope they are still called MEGA EVOLUTIONS. 
otherwise itll be the disappointment with yanmega not being called "megayanma" all over again :

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 22:11 »
They don't look as bad as i thought.

mawile looks cool! Ampharos tho <3

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 22:24 »
I'm pretty much convinced it's my role in this fandom to love stuff everyone else hates.
if not that then i can appreciate it or be more patient about it
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 23:33 »
Mega Blaziken reminds me of White Kyurem.
Mega Lucario reminds me of Giratina Origin Form.

Pokemon were once beautiful...
I am your master.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2013, 01:42 »
I am so torn right now. On the one hand, I kiiiind of like the new Blaziken, but on the other... Blaziken and Lucario didn't really need/deserve this. I mean, Blaziken is already Uber tier with Speed Boost, and they gave this new one... Speed Boost, with presumably better stats. I feel like I should be the last one to complain about Blaziken being broken, but... r-really?

I do like his color scheme, though. I can't decide whether this is the most awesome thing ever, or if I don't particularly like it. I'll need to see more clear pictures/models.

Mawile, though. YESSSS. Mawile and Absol look great, I am so excited for this. Ampharos looks okay too. I just... I don't know how to feel at all right now.

Edit: pretty sure Game Freak just follows me around and puts whatever they think I'll like into the new games.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:44 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Mr. Apple

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2013, 02:42 »
ampharos got some nice hair going

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2013, 04:08 »
Three words.

Mega.

Yan.

Mega.

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 04:11 »
its a kids game if there aren't enough MEGAs and BRAND NEW NEXT STAGE EVOLUTIONS in it they get bored
cue 1000 nerds somewhere too old for pokemon going "but but but but!!! megaevolutions??? this goes against my headcanon!!! IMMERSION RUINED"

having said that though i really like megamawile cos ive always had a soft spot in my heart for mawile b/c of its nifty design and huge chomping jaw thing and cos im generally gay for anything steel/ghost/dark type ever (see Scizor, Honchkrow, Bronzong, etc.)

hopefully megamawile wont be horridly overused cos of its typing and i can continue being a hipster w/ pokemon no-one really likes (its been about 14 years but i still love Ditto as much as ever lmao)
           

MonsterMon64

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2013, 07:23 »
MegaHariyama would be great because I was hoping get a Hariyama pre-national Dex in X and Y anyway, provided Makuhita/Hariyama are part of the new region and Hariyama wasn't just tech demo material, and also assuming I don't just stick with Pangoro. My hopes aren't very high, though. Hariyama isn't very popular and apparently not every fully-evolved (or otherwise) Pokemon is gonna get a Mega-Evolution... which anyone would be crazy to think they would anyway, but whatever, I like the six we have so far. (btw am I the only one who is reminded of Iris when I look at MegaMawile? Just a tiny bit? )

As for the other three Pokemon introduced:
*Pre-evo of Gogoat's pretty cute I suppose.
*I really like that rabbit. Was just thinking of how neat it'd be to have another rabbit Pokemon. Can't wait to see what it evolves into.
*I've sort of accepted the Pika-clones as a "thing" that the Pokemon universe just kind of sort of... has, like, discounting the fact that Pikachu is super popular so they thought "let's make more of the same" and then we got Pichu and the rest is history. But holy crap this thing looks so tiny that if it doesn't get an evolution I am going to flip. Then again I'm just sore that Emolga didn't evolve... but hey, maybe it'll MEGA-evolve! Hahahaha hum.

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2013, 11:09 »
Looks like we have an update!

MegaEvolutions will indeed have stat increases. MegaLucario will have an increased attack, and MegaAbsol will have increased attack and speed. (I am now convinced that MegaAbsol is going to become killer in metagame.)

MegaEvolutions are confirmed as temporary in-battle features - the Pokemon can only evolve into its Mega form when holding the MegaStone for its species. Also apparently the Blazikenite isn't found within normal gameplay...?

Not all Pokemon will get MegaEvolutions, but with that being said, we are due to see a couple more in next week's Corocoro. The Master Tower has some connection with them, but we don't really know what The Master Tower /is/.

And regarding other stuff, Meekuru has the ability 'sap sipper', and it looks like we'll have a Super Training facility to raise EV points. Hopefully this will be a way for people to focus on EVs - maybe they'll have sections for different stats?

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2013, 12:05 »
Herbivore Mega Swampert, or Utack and I riot.

But it's interesting that it's temporary in battle... does that mean it has to/can be activated whenever you want? And if so... how do you do it? This is getting more confusing by the moment, but what's clear is that you can't permanently have Mega Evolution forms, at least, not by what they've described. This could change up the metagame in huge ways...
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2013, 12:28 »
I'm going to guess they change forms using hold items? :/ Like, if your Blaziken has the BlaziWhatsit when you go into battle then it'll be MegaBlaziken? So you can have you super special awesome Megamon but would have to sacrifice other hold items. If you get what I mean. It'll probably be nothing as simple as that.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2013, 12:41 »
@ RandB So, whilst we're wondering about the impact on the metagame, what will this do?

Personally, Blaziken will become solid Uber. An attack boost will give it a better chance of getting through it's main counter, Giratina/Giratina-O.

Absol will still be dark typed, so it can't make it up to OU, even with large attack and speed. This does depend on typing and defenses, which will probably remain the same. BL?

Mawile may still have a solid place in OU thanks to it's typing. Steel is good, but we don't know what a Fairy type does to the typechart. We'll see, but Huge Power may send it up to RU/UU

Newtwo will probably remain Uber like its counterpart.

Ampharos may well move out of NU, away from the depths where Raichu, Pikachu, Pachirisu and company reside. Electric/Dragon and Mold Breaker make it a mini-Zekrom, which is no doubt a good thing. It's speed may still suck, so higher RU at best.

But until we get the stats, these remain theoretical.

Anyways, new Pokemon, new MEs and the coveted typechart for the Fairy type next month. Let the speculation continue!

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2013, 12:57 »
Why are we talking about their place in the metagame when we hardly know anything about them, don't know new moves, abilities and Pokemon and don't know all of the changes to the game mechanics? :P

quack98

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2013, 13:28 »
Anyone think this sounds like Digivolution Disks in Digimon world DS? Y'know, they transform you into mega generation for one turn!