Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 381288 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #705 on: September 13, 2015, 15:56 »
fireball?

Yep! They've replaced it with some weird Jägermeister look-like... Aftershock or Cointreau maybe? It didn't seem to sell very well here either compared to JD and JB :(

Uni is starting up and I want to shave my head again but I'm torn on whether it's worth it because of first impressions. Especially since I like the old skinhead fashion and dress like one when I can't wear shorts.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 13, 2015, 22:05 »
Sounds so snotty but I go to Uni on Saturday and I really wanna go home an pack and just get there and meet new people but I'm stuck in Mallorca and it's probably the most boring holiday I've ever had and I just wanna go home, get sorted, and move on with my life.

Plus I'm only gonna get three days to wash and pack everything I own?????
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 14, 2015, 02:54 »
i get way too emotional over stuff that doesnt matter.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #708 on: September 14, 2015, 08:12 »
I don't know what time I'm supposed to be in at today? I've got it in my head its 9am, I've written down 9.30am in my diary and the online timetable says 10am sigh.

Sounds so snotty but I go to Uni on Saturday and I really wanna go home an pack and just get there and meet new people but I'm stuck in Mallorca and it's probably the most boring holiday I've ever had and I just wanna go home, get sorted, and move on with my life.

I did most of my packing in 2 or 3 days, it's plenty time! It's much quicker if you have someone to help you but if not just be ruthless about what you take and don't take. Clothes I wasn't sure about I just left at home or put them to go to charity or something.  Just make sure you keep clothes/make up etc out on the day you move and then make a list of last minute/random stuff to remember like phone chargers. I kept a list beside my bed and added to it, you will forget stuff! Also I wouldn't buy food until you get there unless you have to, I had to go to my new store I'd be working at anyway but it's good to see how much kitchen space you're going to get as well.
Make use of the washing machine while you can lol

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #709 on: September 14, 2015, 10:44 »
I think my favourite whiskey was pulled from shelves because it has a chemical found in anti-freeze.

Yeah, it was fireball. I was a big JD guy for years but I seem to have gone off it lately. Been buying the four cans of Banks's from the local as it's cheaper than the real ale.

Aftershock or Cointreau maybe?

Cointreau's an orange liqueur, so it might not be that. To be honest, sticking Red Bull in ANYTHING is counter-productive.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 14, 2015, 18:55 »
To be honest, sticking Red Bull in ANYTHING is counter-productive.

Aye, we use Monster over here for Jägerbombs but combining an upper and a downer sounds like an awful thing to do to your insides. After my last incident I tend not to drink spirits unless they're straight since even the taste of Strongbow makes me cringe nowadays. It's awkward being the only one drinking Hooch aha.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 15, 2015, 00:19 »
I can finally get on my netbook after a week, only to spend half an hour trying to get it to connect to the internet properly.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 15, 2015, 01:41 »
Yep! They've replaced it with some weird Jägermeister look-like... Aftershock or Cointreau maybe? It didn't seem to sell very well here either compared to JD and JB :(

Must have taken some extra time for the news to cross the pond. Me and my friends used to love that stuff this time last year until we learned that. We were like "well this already hurts my belly and THAT doesn't put my mind at ease at all". if you guys have it over there try jim bean maple! not cinnamon but the maple whiskey combo is nice

i'm notorious for mixing red bull with jager... i have really good water drinking habits though and unless you have a bad heart having just 1 isn't gonna kill you and if you'll have more than 1 energy drink in a sitting i fear for you tbh

I packed the night before! I understand it's stressful because stuff is starting up, but believe me, you don't need to bring an absurd amount of stuff to school :) your room will probably be tiny, i hardly had room for a minifridge this year.

my first world problem... lots of rain. so much in fact it flooded my secret beach and i couldn't watch the sunset from it today.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 15, 2015, 11:14 »
Typical British autumn. It's daylight, but my car thinks it's night time.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 15, 2015, 14:23 »
Must have taken some extra time for the news to cross the pond.

I think that the only local supplier didn't care since they might be the ones that sell "legal highs" to the younger kids - they must have had a telling off or something.

Ooh! You can no longer play Destiny without the new DLC! You can play strikes but they're locked on the easy difficulty so you get literally nothing out of them and the PvP is now restricted to TTK users only. All the vanguard gear and crucible gear is TTK only.

Literally every feature that was available to everyone is now only available to those who bought TTK. It doesn't even matter if you bought the previous DLCs because all of their items have been upgraded so that only those who bought TTK can use them.

The worst part is that little kids are defending Bungie saying "hur hur well get a job hur hur" when they've had their parents buy them the dlc :laugh: sorry kiddo, a lot of us have bills to pay and/or can't find work.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 15, 2015, 18:01 »
Yeah, Liz, I don't actually have that much to take but I have to find somewhere to store the 'essential' (read totally not essential and very excessive) number of books I'm taking - nearly 40.

Muse tickets go on sale tomorrow and I'm gonna be on a plane brb while I drown in tears.

I NEED TO SEE DRONES LIVE.
surPrISE

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 16, 2015, 12:37 »

You don't need to take EVERYTHING you own. You won't have room. My missus made that mistake and I don't recall ever seeing the floor in her room due to the sheer amount of clothes she has.

One of my mates had about 60% of his clothes, his laptop, Xbox and TV as well as kitchen stuff. That was it.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 16, 2015, 17:12 »
Dwdw I was exaggerating (as always) ofc I'm not going to pack everything because I hate most of my stuff lmao

This airport only gives you 30 mins of free wifi
surPrISE

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 16, 2015, 18:09 »
 We've got an arrivals weekend and I don't know what the crap this. Do we go to join societies? Is this for the foreign students to arrive and get their stuff registered?

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2015, 20:42 »
I went to big band tonight and it was really fun but I hate the trumpet I've got. Before I left band my old teacher took my trumpet back (basically it was hers but also the council's. I'd had it for a few years and she'd let me keep it after I left school which isn't really allowed lol)
Anyway yeah it's not the same as my bby Yamaha was and the slides are stuck and it just doesn't sound nice. I'm in two minds if I should shell out £300+ for a new one or not? This one is a jupiter of some description but like I don't know if after two~ years of uni will I ever use it again hmm