Author Topic: Fan War, Blaziken vs. infernape  (Read 7449 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wolstenholme

Re: Fan War, Blaziken vs. infernape
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 00:18 »
I'm talking not just about appearence, about usability, move pool, stats, the latter

I've never even attempted to use either of them because compared to the alternatives they are hideous and I just never fancied it so I can't comment on usability because I know nothing about it :-)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05 »
Well ok then
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49 »
Blaziken has been my bro ever since I evolved my first Combusken atop Mt. Chimney. I love the way he looks, I love his power, I love his typing, I love his movepool... I love everything about him. I was there through third gen when he had fans simply because they had him in R/S/E, I was there when they all abandoned him in fourth gen when people flocked to the abomination pokemon. And now I've been here through 5th gen when people have jumped back on the bandwagon just because Blaziken got Speed Boost. Well I'll tell you who used him in 4th gen OU battles. This guy right here.

To be entirely fair, Infernape has a good movepool. It's got practically every type of move, both boosting moves and even a recovery move (not that it matters, Infernape's OHKOd by practically anything), but it's really not a good Pokemon in this metagame, and I find that /hilarious/. Rain cripples one of his STABs, while the other is easily resisted. It needs sun support, which is nearly impossible to keep up in OU if you're against an opponent with a well structured Rain team.

No matter where the future takes Blaziken, I'll be there.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 14:18 »
Infernape is like a magikarp compeared to blaziken in the metagame.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 02:38 »
I am probably the first to say this, but Infernape is probably my favorite out of the two. This isn't just because he was my first Pokemon to reach level 100.

Design: He is a karate monkey with FIRE as hair. I don't understand how people can hate that.

Movepool: He gets Fire, Fighting, Dark, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Poison, Steel, Rock, Ground, Rock, Ghost, Bug and Electric. Wow.

Ability: Blaze is a good ability when paired with a Focus Sash, mainly due to Infernape's high speed. It can survive with Focus Sash then land a powerful fire type move. Iron Fist is decent, but not as good as Blaze. Infernape can learn Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Mach Punch and Close Combat of course.

Strengths and Weaknesses: With the movepool, Infernape has moves that could be strong against every type. A Close Combat is capable of easily taking out a Blissey or one of the highly defense steel types.

Compared with Blaziken: Blaziken was pretty bad before Speed Boost was introduced as it's dream world ability. If it didn't have that ability, Infernape would Earthquake that b***h. Infernape's high speed and balanced Attack and Sp Attack stats allow you to train it pretty much any way you want. It is a fast, physical powerhouse that I have gotten more than a few sweeps with in my time.

Needs more Gengar

Wolstenholme

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 02:52 »
But can it take a hit? No it cannot. - You need a focus sash for it to survive any kind of powerful move.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 02:57 »
But can it take a hit? No it cannot. - You need a focus sash for it to survive any kind of powerful move.

That is true, but few Pokemon outmatch Infernape's base speed stat. I agree that focus sash is one of the best items for Infernape. Infernape can use Swords Dance, get hit, survive and then use the doubled attack to sweep. Although Flare Blitz is flat out suicide. Infernape is designed to attack with huge power before the opponent can attack.

And please excuse the massive signature. I have no idea how to put an image into it.

Needs more Gengar

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 04:01 »
It's just too bad DerpApe's Focus Sash will be broken by Stealth Rock and he'll be OHKOd regardless.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26 »
Blaziken has been my bro ever since I evolved my first Combusken atop Mt. Chimney. I love the way he looks, I love his power, I love his typing, I love his movepool... I love everything about him. I was there through third gen when he had fans simply because they had him in R/S/E, I was there when they all abandoned him in fourth gen when people flocked to the abomination pokemon. And now I've been here through 5th gen when people have jumped back on the bandwagon just because Blaziken got Speed Boost. Well I'll tell you who used him in 4th gen OU battles. This guy right here.

To be entirely fair, Infernape has a good movepool. It's got practically every type of move, both boosting moves and even a recovery move (not that it matters, Infernape's OHKOd by practically anything), but it's really not a good Pokemon in this metagame, and I find that /hilarious/. Rain cripples one of his STABs, while the other is easily resisted. It needs sun support, which is nearly impossible to keep up in OU if you're against an opponent with a well structured Rain team.

No matter where the future takes Blaziken, I'll be there.

I have gotten an Infernape sweep against a rain team before, mainly because Infernape knew Wild Charge and Grass Knot. I outsped the Pokemon with swift swim with a bit of help though, a Ninjask with Speed Boost and baton pass.

Needs more Gengar

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 08:39 »
I have gotten an Infernape sweep against a rain team before, mainly because Infernape knew Wild Charge and Grass Knot. I outsped the Pokemon with swift swim with a bit of help though, a Ninjask with Speed Boost and baton pass.

Infernape doesn't learn Wild Charge.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:47 by Richard and Blaziken »

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 09:22 »
Infernape doesn't learn Wild Charge.

My bad, I meant to say Thunder Punch. I'm getting it confused with Emboar.

Needs more Gengar

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 09:27 »
Defeating a rain team with ThunderPunch and Grass Knot is really more indicative of a bad opponent than of Infernape being good vs. rain teams. Jellicent is not 1HKOd by ThunderPunch and not even 2HKOd by it if you're going with Blaze, and OHKOs back with Scald. Rotom-W can take any of Infernape's moves and KO back with Hydro Pump. Latias laughs at everything Infernape does and KOs back with anything. Rain severely cripples Infernape was my point, as Flare Blitz and Fire Blast no longer have the damage they need to hurt things, and Fighting is easily resisted by such Pokemon as Latias, Reuniclus, Toxicroak, Dragonite, etc.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 10:47 »
You just need to ask yourself...which came first, the chicken or the ape? *shot*

Infernape is nothing like what it was 4th Gen. Back then, you could afford to give him a Focus Sash and SR. Now, he needs a Life Orb to even put up with other sweepers. Look at it's offensive stats: 104 for Attack and Sp. Attack? That is nothing compared to beasts like Terrakion, Conkeldurr, Landorus I and T, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Breloom, Salamence, even Darmanitan. In order, those are 129, 140, 125, 145, 135, 135, 120, 135, 140. Those stats are a fair way superior to Infernape's stats. Salamence has a great Sp. Attack stat to boot too. Great coverage, right? Not all that helpful. It's like Electivire, it has coverage but very little power behind it. When you have Starmie, Politoed, Thundurus-T, Tornadus, Vaporeon, Alakazam, Salamence, Dragonite (Multiscale laughs at HP Ice) and Rotom-W around plus a whole host of others like these, Infernape just won't be able to perform well. Rain cripples it quite largely, Sand isn't helpful, Sun isn't bad but Infernape won't find a spot on those teams when you need Ninetales/Obligatory Fire resist/Spinner/Dragon/Chlorophyll sweeper/Trapper to function well.

Blaziken...Uber. Enough said. Hi Jump Kick and Speed Boost (plus 120 base Attack!) is more than enough to put Infernape out of it's misery.

quack98

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 13:33 »
I kind of wish Blaziken hadn't got speed boost, because now I can't use him as much :(

But yeah, competitively there isn't a competition. Blaziken is better.

The only way Infernape could be better is in design, but most people prefer Blazikens anyway.

And Blaziken is from Hoenn, so he wins ;D

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 13:51 »
Wow, you just beat the crap out of inderpape you two. I love it.

Plus, the fact that infernape's defense and HP stats are laughable at best and at worst are some of the worst of a final evolution in the OU tier and maybe even the meta game!