Author Topic: Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas  (Read 12826 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Ordinarily I don't bother with posting leaks/rumours but as I mentioned in another thread, a leaker by the name 'Hiro' has had an impressive track record when it comes to leaks: from leaking the B/W starters weeks before they were announced (Look up the 'Wottergate' scandal) to leaking various HG/SS information and confirming the new Mewtwo form, 'Hiro's leaks have never been wrong.

A matter of minutes ago he leaked to a Spanish Pokemon community (Where the other leaks have taken place) and his private twitter feed. The types of Xerneas, Yveltal and Sylveon, he claims:

Xerneas is Fairy Type
Sylveon is Fairy Type
Yveltal is Dark/Flying type

I can't provide any links (as it goes against the site rules) but this is a very interesting prospect and as mentioned, Hiro has never been wrong before.

Obviously nothing is official until it's official, but this is the only rumour that holds weight so far (And Hiro's rumours hold a lot of weight). Thankfully, it seems like Hiro seems to leak info closely before the official announcement, so hopefully it won't be long from now.

So. This is pretty much what I have been expecting all this time through close research of the Pokemon games and Sylveon/Ninfia.

Discuss away?

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 18:21 »
cue "pokemon is a fairy princess game" sort of jokes

Kind of interesting, I don't see the need for an 18th type but I feel like XY is going to be something special.  Yveltal is Dark/Flying, good stuff because I wanted to use it and now that it has a cool typing I know I'm getting Y.  (I'm also getting Y because I'm a man)
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 18:29 »
^ In my opinion this 'fairy' type is probably going to be a lot less 'cute' than people have in mind. Based on what I looked up on Sylveon, some of the clues in X/Y we've seen so far and other research, I can imagine this will be a lot more 'foresty' and fairy-tale like than just cute Pokemon. I had a feeling Xerneas would be fairy type because there is often a mythological Stag in many of these fairytales that originate from old European and Scandinavian folklore.

I think it was a matter of time before a new type was added, thankfully GF are pretty conservative with some of the game elements and don't cheesily add-on new types. I think fairy will be slowly grown over a period of Gens rather than becoming a big player right away.

I'm also expecting a lot of dragon-types too, not just OU/Pseudo-legendaries but smaller Pokemon too, it'll fit with the mythology quite well.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 18:32 »
I'm quite curious to see what type advantages and disadvantages fairy types would have. I can't really see any clear ones.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 18:32 »
I'm still not convinced that this new type is going to happen but maybe that's because I don't really want one and I'm in denial lol

What I am interested to see though will be how many (if any) old 'mons will be retyped if this "Fairy" type becomes a thing? (I hope it gets renamed, even Magic type or something would do) I mean surely things like the Clefairy line would have to change? Not that I'd have a problem with that, but I think we could expect to see a lot of Normal types being changed...

sorry this post probably made zero sense I'm tired and hungover and hungry

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 18:33 »
i predict vigoroth will be a fairy type
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Silverwing Bloodsplash

• Hey bros, since when I was a
  • Rob Fan
  • Sexy Smooth Silver Swagger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 18:41 »
The what? Fairy Type? No... just... no. I'd rather have my form for Mew than... that.

At least rename it Light Type. Please. Just... Please.
.-v-.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 18:49 »
I'm guessing Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Sylveon, Xerneas, Celebi.

Maybe Audino/Chansey/Blissey too? Though I imagine fairy will make Clefable a better threat for Blissey

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 18:53 »
harley will be the fairy type gym leader
           

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 19:11 »
I mean surely things like the Clefairy line would have to change? Not that I'd have a problem with that, but I think we could expect to see a lot of Normal types being changed...

Normal type seems to be the dumping ground of things they couldn't put anywhere else, if it mops a few of them then fair enough. I also hope it gets renamed to magic if it's not total BS. Light would still be better IMO.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 19:40 »
I dunno, I think Light is a bit vague sounding... then again so is Fairy. I want something grandiose like Illusion Type or something similarly ridiculous. :V

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 20:04 »
Well Dark is basically 'Evil' type in Japanese but the localization crew didn't want 'evil' to be in a kids game.

I wonder how they will localize Fairy if at all. I'm pretty sure it implies 'Fairy tale' so they might have to come up with a name to imply that instead.

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 21:18 »
I really like the idea of a 'Fairy' Type and hope they don't rename it. tbh I'll just be glad if there's a new type and will be majorly disappointed if it gets renamed/translated or whatever to light type.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 21:50 »
The potential for Fairy is awesome. I'd love to see some Finnish fairytale creatures inspiring Pokemon. A fairytale frog or caterpillar would be really awesome. I wonder if they'll use another Mushroom Pokemon, there is a naturally occurring phenomena called 'Fairy rings' whereby rings of mushrooms grow for unknown reasons and it is said fairies dance inside them.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 22:15 »
 I'm guessing the fairy types will be weak to one or more of the following:

Dark
Rock
Ice
Electric