Author Topic: New Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Info!!!  (Read 4135 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
New Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Info!!!
« on: May 14, 2013, 13:40 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMnwB6neGlY
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

Region: Kalos
Your adventure in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y takes place in the Kalos region, home to beautiful skies and forests! The Kalos region is full of interesting places to visit and explore! The mysterious Kalos region is shaped intriguingly like a star.

Main city: Lumiose City
The central city of the Kalos region is Lumiose City, a thriving metropolis filled with customers checking out its variety of shops. Many roads extend from the iconic tower at the city's center.

New Pokemon:

Helioptile
Helioptile charges itself by bathing in the light of the sun, providing it with enough energy that it doesn't need to eat! Helioptile can learn the new Parabolic Charge move, which heals the user for half the damage it deals to enemies.

Fletchling
With a friendly nature and a beautiful chirp, Fletchling is a popular Pokémon among many Trainers. But Fletchling is also known to be ferocious in battle, capable of unleashing relentless attacks! One potent move Fletchling can learn is Flame Charge, which increases the user’s Speed in addition to dealing damage.

Gogoat
Gogoat is so large that people are able to able to ride on its back. It's very calm, and can form a strong bond with its Trainer's feelings when its Trainer grabs onto its horns. Gogoat can learn Horn Leech, which will recover HP equal to half the damage dealt. It's handy when Gogoat's HP is low!

Pancham
With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful). Parting Shot is a new move that Pancham can learn. The user lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then switches itself out for another Pokémon in the party.

At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer! You'll be able to see the clothing you choose as you explore the Kalos region! You can go back and change your outfit whenever you like.

Screenshots!

Better quality .PNG file (Warning, file nearly 7MB in size) is hosted here: http://hcd-1.imgbox.com/adw7qQsE.png?st=lvRM9tUcbq82avKDtxlXyQ&e=1368539526

Trailer Screenshots

And here's a bonus, wallpaper edition of the new region so you can see it in high-definition glory. Nice to see what I was wrong/right about!:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 15:09 by Turner »

Offline lugia95

• Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Chloe for the awesome avatar
    • View Profile
Re: New Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Info!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 14:08 »
That trailer was awesome.

For most games there tends to be a slight pause in the trailer just before a really cool action scene. For Pokemon, there's a slight pause just before the camera turns around slightly and the main character walks diagonally. Thank you Gamefreak, this is pretty much what we've been waiting for since the release of Diamond and Pearl.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 14:17 »
Also, noticed the Roselia fountain and the Marrill in the art with Gogoat? I think those are two Pokemon coming back.

Also when you ride Gogoat the character is on a mat or saddle thing. This might mean you can only ride Gogoat once you've got this item. Or might just SUDDENLY appear. It is GF afterall :L
Slowly an old member..

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 14:24 »
I've added the .PNG higher quality version to the original post for anyone who cares about quality. It's about 6MB though, just to warn anyone on 3G

http://hcd-1.imgbox.com/adw7qQsE.png?st=lvRM9tUcbq82avKDtxlXyQ&e=1368539526

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 14:39 »
Looking at the new Pokémon in 3D is making me like them more. Looks like I need to buy myself a 3DS after all.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 14:51 »
Oh a car.  one of the rare instances of one in a Pokemon world. 
camera movement! I guess that's done by the R and L buttons given how it moved,  or by moving your 3Ds yourself, because that's the practical way to play a handheld. or by Circle Pad Pro.

Battle scenes look cool but again, ugh no bracing animations or anything on the Pokemon? It's a small thing I grant you, it was okay in the sprite era but now in 3D it looks so.. silly.  Oh no, a big ball of energy is about to hit me and I'll just stay unprepared to it does- aagh.
TRAINER POP ups? Like in the Elite Four and stuff but for normal trainers,  seemingly, they had planned on doing this before .

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 15:04 »
Okay guys, added the trailer screenshots to the first post. It's not as clean cut as the ones I got from the official site obviously but still very cool regardless, I think I got just about everything.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 15:05 »
-it's france
-definately france
-still doesn't seem to have ability to mix&match skin and hair colour (lame)
-also they've clouded over germany and spain such a sad day
-fletchling is adorable

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 15:08 »
Hope you can ride some other Pokemon then just Gogoat. 1 Pokemon with the ability out of the 700+ seems like a waste (Ride HM anyone? XD). I should something like Arcanine would be fun.

And ooo, what about Surf? Could they have the trainer riding the Pokemon while surfing the sea, or just another sitting on a black shadow thing?

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 16:22 »
This is soon to go in my thread about the Kalos region but I was checking things out and thought this was pretty cool:

Sound probable? It's just an idea I came up with.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 20:09 »
Diagonal movement, sitting on benches. This is a brave new world, friends.

quack98

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 21:21 »
Also turner, evidence to support what you just said would be that the first trainers are always in route 2, and in the images in the first post, a trainer says 'when two trainers eyes meet...', which the first trainer in each game says. That means the forest is probably route 2

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 23:06 »
Well Route 2 is actually pictured above, so it's probably the very small route with the bridge just before the forest. And yeah Sappy said the same thing earlier I believe.

Here's something new...

There have also been some more screenshots uploaded on the Pokemon website which aren't actually on the website itself - english versions of the Pokedex as well as some battle stuff such as Pokemon learning new moves (The latter isn't that interesting, actually - just text on the screen). I'll post them up soon.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 04:14 »
That's definitely Europe.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 01:12 »
Yep, France specifically. I was honestly expecting the region to draw a lot more influences from other places in Europe but so far from what I've been researching it seems like it's exclusively French.

Also, did anyone notice that the car looks like a Froakie? I guess in the Pokemon world people would probably design their cars like their favorite Pokemon.