Author Topic: Battle Hall - Lanturn  (Read 1692 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Battle Hall - Lanturn
« on: April 13, 2013, 22:09 »
I never used lanturns until this play through, and I've decided I love them, and I then came up with an idea to abuse them in battle hall. Anyway these are the movesets I've come up with, and was wondering what you people think would improve them

Lanturn (Flounder) Volt absorb             252 Speed, 252 Special Attack 4 Random
-> Discharge
-> Hydro Pump
-> Signal Beam
-> Ice Beam

Lanturn (Nemo) Volt Absorb                252 Speed, 252 Special Attack 4 Random
-> Discharge
-> Hydro Pump
-> Psybeam
-> Return

Ok, the basic idea is use the move that has the best power (after STAB and weaknesses etc.) until low on health, and then spam discharge to restore health.

P.S. I know the names are awful, but they're fish, you have to call at least one nemo :D

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Hall - Lanturn
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 22:34 »
Pretty sure species clause exists within all battle facilities. The problem here is that you're using two Pokemon with the same weaknesses. One fast Earthquaker would put you put of commission pretty quickly. Lanturn is more suited to being a defensive Pokemon anyway, and defensive Pokemon have no place in double battles. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I just don't want you to waste your time raising a defensive one. :<

I'd be more than happy to give you a spread for a defensive one, however! :>
Discord - richardblaziken

quack98

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 22:46 »
Battle hall forces you to use two of the same species, it's the one where you do streaks of 10 using the same species. I wish Game Freak would name them all substantially different  :laugh:

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:27 »
Ohh, right, right, sorry I forgot that even had doubles. In any case, Lanturn is not an ideal choice for this by any means because Doubles is too offensive and Lanturn is a naturally defensive Pokemon by virtue of stat layout. I'd recommend something like Lucario, Ludicolo (both Swift Swim, one having Rain Dance), or Garchomp would all be pretty good choices for such an arena.

quack98

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 11:57 »
Ok, I just thought the volt absorb thing would be cool. Garchomp w/ Sandstorm and sand veil could work though.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 13:22 »
You're still thinking in terms of defensive gimmicks; Doubles is fast-paced arena where the only hope of winning is to strike fast and hard. Here's what I'd use for Garchomp:

Garchomp@ Choice Scarf
{Sand Veil}
Naughty nature (+Attack, -Sp. Defense)
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Attack
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw

Garchomp@ Choice Band
{Sand Veil}
Naive nature (+Speed, -Sp. Defense)
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Attack
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Dragon Claw

Both of these play almost identical. The Scarf one is going to strike first, while Banded Chomp will strike second, but much harder. Outrage picks a random opponent to attack, and is your strongest attack. Earthquake breaks Steel types, the only type that resists Dragon. Fire Blast hits Skarmory and Levitate Bronzong, who otherwise wall this set. Finally, Dragon Claw is a weaker Dragon attack that lets you choose your target.

Don't worry too much about the damage from Earthquake hitting your other Garchomp, as, if the opponent is weak to it, you'll kill them both before you kill yourself, barring an unlucky Critical Hit. Otherwise, you should be spamming Outrage most of the time.

quack98

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 19:44 »
I'll try and iv breed some decent gibles and try that out, thanks for the help!