Author Topic: Name Rater Too Backed Up  (Read 20921 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline DraconicWings

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Name Rater Too Backed Up
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2018, 19:18 »
What authority does he have over you if you're a senior staff member? Besides, there are times that he… well, goes way, way too far. There need to be some rules.

Example:
"You have inspired me to name my Lucario, "Loba1024's mom," because they're both full of fur."

That is genuinely horrifying, not to mention disgusting.

And honestly, it would be worth going back to leaving honest reviews of decent names in the (unfortunately relatively rare) event that there's actually some good reasoning behind the name itself. There are more than enough bad names for him to insult without actually roasting good names.

While some of his insults are funny, many are tedious, some aren't fair, and some, like the one listed above, are just unacceptable. Just because he's a mod doesn't make that kind of insult, or racist slurs okay. I can't remember where it was, but I recall him making an antisemitic comment as a rating. It's also not good when he actually does something malicious like leaving something up because he hopes a spoiler will ruin someone's day. If anyone else did things like that, it'd be a bannable offense. But since people can't respond to his ratings, no flame wars can start at least, but does that give him the right to do that?

The Name Rater doesn't own the site, and you shouldn't act like he does. Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against him, but there has to be some sort of limit on what he can say. Starting with sexual implications involving members of the user's family, racism, and sexism.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 19:32 by DraconicWings »

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2018, 23:16 »
I understand your complaint, but the name rater has been snippy and willing to go beneath the belt since inception. In fact, the name rater is "punching someone in the crotch" personified, and that is something that he will not be able to change anytime soon. Especially since that is the reason the majority come here.

That is also not racist or sexist (at least in a discriminatory way.)  That is just low hanging fruit, and calling someone's mom a furry isn't...  Really that bad. I'm not sure if you've ever looked through the ratings through the history of the website, but there hasn't been that much better.

If there is racism in any way, you can check my internet history and you will see I am the first to jump on it. The name rater has actively had to report actually offensive nicknames with slurs and everything to administration.

It is a stylistic choice, and those kinds of jokes happen by design. There's nothing really blatantly sexual in the name raters ratings and if you can point to actual examples of racist, sexist, or sexual name rater ratings and PM them to me I am more than happy to look it over and discuss with him.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline DraconicWings

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2018, 14:58 »
You sound kind of naïve if you actually think that he meant the guy's mom was a furry. There's a blatant innuendo there.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2018, 16:40 »
To be fair, if your mind goes there, it's your fault for seeing the innuendo. While there are some instances where it's obvious, many cases that are questionable are left to the reader and most of the time it isn't always the worst.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2018, 15:45 »
You sound kind of naïve if you actually think that he meant the guy's mom was a furry. There's a blatant innuendo there.

whats the innuendo

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2018, 05:02 »
Hi,

I believe I asked you to PM me if there are issues. I also believe you ignored the entirety of my post if that is what you got out of it.

Please explain yourself, via PM. I am doing this for your good, not mine, because doing this in public will be very unproductive because people will openly participate and it won't be pretty really for either of us. I (and many, MANY others) genuinely have zero idea what that is innuendo for; I'm 99.999% sure he's literally calling his mother either a furry or ridiculously hairy. It's low hanging fruit, but there's absolutely nothing sexual about it. Anything sexual you take out of this one is pretty much on you; it's very unambiguous to everyone here.

And again, if you want to talk more about this, PM me or message me on Discord. That would be the easiest way to establish a dialogue. Calling me naive doesn't explain it to me in the slightest. Obviously, it's not obvious to others, so you have to *really* detail it.

If you throw an accusatory tone at me again instead of PMing me (or actually explaining yourself), I will warn you for spamming. As it stands, calling me naive is regressive towards your cause, because it shows me that your intention is to grandstand and not make a substantial point.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 20:53 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!