Author Topic: PKMN.NET: Official Meet in London  (Read 25398 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: PKMN.NET: Official Meet in London
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2008, 22:18 »
Apparently there may be another meet up, so yeah =D

lucky londoners, it'll probably be there again, or while I'm on holiday =P

So, yeah, most people are kind of confused whether or not, so is there any desicions being made for later on in the year? =D
Slowly an old member..

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2008, 23:15 »
Later. Be patient. It's going to entirely depend on when I manage to be able to go to London, and that will depend on a large number of factors on how the last months of uni go for me.

Don't worry, we'll announce everything in time. Just PLEASE don't keep bugging us about further details, as we don't know either. As I said, be patient.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2008, 15:30 »
Idea!

We set up seperate meets all over the world, and sort of have a webcam link to the main London meet, so that we can communicate.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2008, 15:42 »
No, not really.

First of all, the point of our London meet is that we don't spend and talk to people through the computer, but that we meet them in real life. We are unlikely to be at an internet-viable place at all, and I don't think any of us will want to do so.

Second, we are going to keep making strict arrangements about who will attend, with regards to age and meeting people. It is not possible for us to do so if people meet up together elsewhere, we can't arrange anything, can't have any responsibility for it, and as such can't make it part of any sort of official PKMN.NET business.
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Voltorb2005

• I need anger management! ARRRRRGGGHHH! *Breaks your computer in half*
  • Joeno Fan
  • Sooo.... Bored....
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2008, 16:54 »
I was wondering if we could have it further north in Manchester, coz its nearly central of the UK, meaning PUKers from all over the UK (including Scotland, as there's no way they could get to London and back in one day) can get to it easier. A few of us did manage to meet in Manchester for the 20th anniversary (including Psythor and Typhlosion) and was allowed to go on my own (well, my mum left me at the event thing once we got to the trafford centre) and I think it would be more practical. I wouldn't be allowed to go to London anyway coz its too big and dangerous and expensive (my family only goes for special occasions only ie west end show). Wheras Manchester isn't as big and dangerous, train fares are loads cheaper and most people can get there in an hour or two.

Please can we have one in Manchester coz theres no way I'd be allowed to go to London for something like this and like I said, its easier to access. Or if not, consider Birmingham or Liverpool (which are both in the Midlands).

Name: Charmander
I luv voltorbs!

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2008, 17:04 »
Is Manchester interesting enough for me to have my holiday in for some longer period is time? As that is one of the main reasons for the meet - the fact that I can be there for a holiday. I'm not interested in traveling over to Manchester just for a day.

Furthermore, consider that other people would have the same problem as you if it were in Manchester instead of London, possibly making it equally difficult for them.

(And there's the age issue. The 16+ rule will be adhered to as strictly that time as well, resolving part of these problems)
Peter <3<3<3<3

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Steelix

« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2008, 12:49 »
(including Scotland, as there's no way they could get to London and back in one day)

Our resident Scotswoman Claire did come to the London Meet, then again she an adult, but it shows its pratical (She stayed overnight).

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2008, 21:41 »
Manchester is 8 odd hours away from the place of my dwelling. London is only 3. But then again, I'm 12, so I doubt I'd be able to go to the meet.

Offline Superficial Mycosis

• Untitled
  • Fan Rotom
  • Pronouns: They/Them
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2008, 21:57 »
Perhaps if a London meet were arranged properly in advance, like everything completely sorted a good few months before hand, people would be able to reserve rooms in the same hotel, so it wouldn't be so much like people having to wander london looking for their hotel on their own.

Anyway, i didn't go to the meet, which was a bit sucky..  but i was quite ill that day so it was probably for the best..  but i know i wouldn't be able to go any further than London, and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so. London is very easily accessable from everywhere because of all the train connections it has.
Just costs quite a lot of you have a return that isn't for the same day..  as i found out when i handed over £100 for a couple of train tickets =c

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2008, 22:15 »
In my experience with trains, PsyKoViggy, the sooner you get it booked the cheaper it is. It's the same with anything and everything really. I've been to see a couple of the people I'm friends with on here a few times now, one of the visits being to London to meet someone. When I booked my tickets, I only had enough money on me to book a one-way ticket so that I did.. and with it being about a week in advance it cost me £28. Being the idiot I can be at times, I left it until the day to book my ticket home and that put me back £40.

I'm off to see said member again in a couple of weeks time.. and I've been quoted at £46 return for the journey. I've also been quoted for the same journey at Easter at a mere £32. So it does make a hell of a difference if you sorted months in advance. I would have thought the rooms would be the same too.. (although I've noticed a much slower change in price on them as opposed to train tickets).

Now all I've got to do is suck up enough to get an invite to such a meet-up.

Pleeeeaasseeeee can I come? ;P

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Typhlosion

« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2008, 22:54 »
Pleeeeaasseeeee can I come? ;P

Who could I chat football with if you didn't?!?