Author Topic: Competitive Doubles Team Help  (Read 2819 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Silverzapper

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Competitive Doubles Team Help
« on: February 27, 2017, 00:46 »
Hello, I am trying to create a team that will work well in competitive double battle. Here are my current pokemon.

Tentacruel
Moves:
Surf
Acid Spray or Venoshock
Toxic Spikes
Aqua Ring

Ability: Rain Dish
Item: Black Sludge
EVs: 252 defence, 252 HP
Nature: Bold

Lapras
Moves:
Rain Dance
Hyro Pump
Freeze-Dry
Thunder

Ability: Water Absorb
Item: Damp Rock (thought about using Absorb Bulb)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Attack
Nature: Modest

Escavalier
Moves:
Megahorn
Iron Head
Drill Run
Protect

Ability: Shell Armor
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack
Nature: Adamant

My strategy right now is to use Tentacruel and Lapras together by making Lapras use Rain Dance which heals Tentacruel every turn with Rain Dish. Rain Dish combined with Aqua Ring and Black Sludge make it so Tentacruel can wall a wide array of pokemon. Tentacruel also has surf which heals Lapras and damages both of the opponent's pokemon in a single turn. Lapras is a bulky special attacker. Escavalier is a beast in the rain since its only weakness fire is weakened by 50%. I have used this team and it has shown to be incredibly effective against a lot of pokemon. The problem is that it currently has a crippling weakness to the electric type which are is very common in multiplayer. It also doesn't help that I'm a rain team. Can anyone think of a good electric counter that works well in double battles? Any other teammate suggestions would be appreciated too.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive Doubles Team Help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 16:32 »
My advice is to put together a team of a bunch of Pokemon you enjoy using, go battle with that, and figure out what your team needs from there.
[insert memes] [insert signature too]