Author Topic: The Metagame Spriters v4! [Gen 5 and 6!]  (Read 18483 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Metagame Spriters v4! [Gen 5 and 6!]
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2014, 21:47 »
hellooooo! long time no see

thought I'd contribute.. here's Inkay and Malamar

couldn't remember how to do transparency, sorry...
and the shinies:

that was fun

holy cow those look fantastic =D

there you go =]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 21:51 by KEROU »

Offline evilspike

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2014, 22:31 »
thank you  ;D

I might try doing my favourite Pokemon, Cofagrigus, next!
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
  • The Monado is Bad Ass!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2015, 00:13 »
The Metagame Spriters!

Hi guys! So, most of you have probably seen the Metagame sprites, made by myself and many other spriters on the site! To try and shake some activity in to the Spriting Board, it's been decided (sort of, I guess) to continue where we left off during the launch of Gen 5! That's right, it was that long ago. Yeah, I can't believe it's been two years either.
So, some wee guidelines for you hoping to make some of the sprites we use here (taken directly from the last topic!)
- 78x78
- PNG
- Transparent - but don't worry if you can't do it! Someone else will for you!
- Named as the National Dex number, followed by an s for the shiny (eg "001" and "001s" for Bulbasaur)
- Not based on fanart or Sugimori art. Scratches are encouraged, and TCG and animé traces are allowed. Sugimori art is okay if it's a nifty pose, but generally they're very dull, and everyone's seen them before. Spice it up!
- A portrait. Not a full-body sprite, and not a closeup of the eye. If you're confused, look at our current batch for ideas!
- Try to steer away from too much dithering. If you don't know what it is, here is an example of it.

WHAT'S BEEN DONE? check the list!

Don't be offended if some of the more advanced spriters touch up your sprite - mistakes can be made and it's easy to fix. It may include things such as shading, colour errors, lining errors, etc. You may also be asked to edit it yourself if you can.

Is it ok if I use a website called Piskel to make some of the sprites? And, may I use their Dream Artwork for this?

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2015, 00:16 »
Glad to see this up and running again! I love the Delphox, Flabébé and Zweilous ^_^

I did a few 100x100 ports recently that I can crop down to 78x78, hope they can be of use!

Also if you're accepting Megas (though Kang didn't crop down too well, sadly.. by all means reject it if you feel it doesn't show enough of the mon!):

Can I also ask, why the restriction on dithering? We allow a lot of over-shaded sprites and other styles, is dithering not just a particular style of shading?

Also Dwebble wasn't mine but Hydreigon was, but the Hydreigon is bad and I'd like to redo it please.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to rename my files! Though Photobucket seems to change the names of the files upon uploading anyway, now.. =/ Is there a preferred image uploader that doesn't do this?

DOOD I LOVE THAT MEGA LUCARIO SPRITE!!!!!! :D ME WANTZ IT NAOW!!!

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2015, 16:06 »
The Metagame Spriters!

Hi guys! So, most of you have probably seen the Metagame sprites, made by myself and many other spriters on the site! To try and shake some activity in to the Spriting Board, it's been decided (sort of, I guess) to continue where we left off during the launch of Gen 5! That's right, it was that long ago. Yeah, I can't believe it's been two years either.
So, some wee guidelines for you hoping to make some of the sprites we use here (taken directly from the last topic!)
- 78x78
- PNG
- Transparent - but don't worry if you can't do it! Someone else will for you!
- Named as the National Dex number, followed by an s for the shiny (eg "001" and "001s" for Bulbasaur)
- Not based on fanart or Sugimori art. Scratches are encouraged, and TCG and animé traces are allowed. Sugimori art is okay if it's a nifty pose, but generally they're very dull, and everyone's seen them before. Spice it up!
- A portrait. Not a full-body sprite, and not a closeup of the eye. If you're confused, look at our current batch for ideas!
- Try to steer away from too much dithering. If you don't know what it is, here is an example of it.

WHAT'S BEEN DONE? check the list!

Don't be offended if some of the more advanced spriters touch up your sprite - mistakes can be made and it's easy to fix. It may include things such as shading, colour errors, lining errors, etc. You may also be asked to edit it yourself if you can.

Is there a certain program that you use to make the sprites? Because I noticed that they all have a certain style that they all share.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2015, 23:02 »
I can't speak for Shaymin herself but everything you see can be done in something as simple as paint. Here's a nice tutorial that DragonPika made a while back: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/163/8/7/Metaspriting_Tutotial_by_Dragonpika.png

Mostly I would imagine that the style is just a lot of practice.

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2015, 18:15 »
I can't speak for Shaymin herself but everything you see can be done in something as simple as paint. Here's a nice tutorial that DragonPika made a while back: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/163/8/7/Metaspriting_Tutotial_by_Dragonpika.png

Mostly I would imagine that the style is just a lot of practice.

Thanks. :D

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2015, 16:18 »
Is this topic dead?

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2015, 18:41 »
It looks like it, yeah.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2015, 19:49 »
Is this topic dead?

Until people get time to contribute, it will be. You never know, over the summer it might pick up ^^;

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2015, 20:19 »
Ok, thanks. :)

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2015, 15:21 »
Until people get time to contribute, it will be. You never know, over the summer it might pick up ^^;
You're right. I'm starting on Landorus-Therian

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2015, 18:46 »
You're right. I'm starting on Landorus-Therian

YAY!! Also, Happy Summer everyone!