Author Topic: PG Rule and YOU  (Read 24151 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
Re: 3+ Rule and YOU
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 21:27 »
To follow up Jeroen's post, you'll get given a little text field when you report a post - this is for telling us what is wrong with the post, there's no need to actually paste the post into it like we see some people doing xD just a few words like "three word rule" or "should be in x board?" will suffice =]

Don't feel shy about reporting, either - no-one will ever know who reported the post, and all it does is create a notice in a mod-only forum board. It doesn't send us all a mass email like it used to. We LIKE it when people report! And if we disagree with you and decide the post isn't rule-breaking, nobody's going to mock you for it or anything.

Just covering a few points I myself worried about when reporting before I was modded =P

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
  • In Arsène Wenger we trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 21:34 »
Okay, Kay! Thanks for that. =) That really helped. I always felt bad about reporting other people's posts, as in like I didn't want to get them in 'trouble'.

Look in the bottom right of just about every single post on these forums. Looking? See that link there? 'Report to moderator'?
Yes, I knew that but never understood what to put in the box. (I.e the message itself or what they did wrong). But now I do! (Thanks to Kay! =])
Now, I know that I am generally considered quite intelligent (having had the offer to join Mensa and all that), but it doesn't seem that farfetched to me to assume that this is the link that allows you to, ehmm, report posts?
Are you serious? Or is that some joke I'm not getting?

Offline MnMs™

• Tyrion Lannister
  • Sentret Fan
  • It's been a while...
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 21:35 »
On the matter of the Thauxan issue, I understand that the things in the post were not appropriate. At the time I was not aware that this was not following the 3+ rule, as I was not sure of the restrictions in the romance department.

Now Kay and Rex have pointed out that the posts were not suitable, I would like to apologise as I should have been more careful. I will now double check the posts were appropriate before posting, but could there be some guidelines to the 3+ rule for romance? So that this doesn't happen again.

Also with romance RPs things do tend to go too far at some points, so it would be better if we did have written restrictions.
"Oh and you realise I WILL follow you into the girl's bathroom. Getting arrested is the least of my worries nowadays."

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 21:39 »
There is a written restriction. Very simple, if you want one: appropriate for 3+.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 21:43 »
At the time I was not aware that this was not following the 3+ rule, as I was not sure of the restrictions in the romance department.

As they saw in Law, ignorance of the Law is no excuse.  Well, it sort of applies here,  we'd like you to remember in future if you are unsure then the best thing is to message a moderator or admin.

Also with romance RPs things do tend to go too far at some points, so it would be better if we did have written restrictions.

Easy.  I've never seen a show with a wide audience that showed sex, or the lead up to sex (which your story showed.)

But thank you for apologising.

Offline Gridbug

• Fan Fan
    • View Profile
    • yeah
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 23:08 »
Also on the Thauxan issue, I heavily take the blame for this, being the creator of the topic/RP.

I should've stressed in the rules not to cause the topic to be locked by something as careless as a few details that shouldn't be in the post. While I was not online at the time of the event, I would've told them, if I WAS online, to stop. Again, I'll take some or most of the blame.

+anima: Cooro

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 17:46 »
Because the next up from 3+ is 12+

I'm not against this rule or anything [since right now I am under 12] but isn't there a 7+?
I have a sims2 game rated 7+ so i was just wondering...

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 19:14 »
They made a mistake. SIMS should be rated 12+ as it has people having sex in it and you can kill people in it. (By burning them via a fire). Thats why all the expansions packs are rated 12. But like you said, next up from 3+ is 7+. But I think the reason why Rex said 'next up is 12+' is because you aren't going to find any under 7 year olds on the site so 3+ may as well be 'keep all content 7+' as I have never once seen a 6 year old or younger go on the internet.

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 21:01 »
I've met 5 year olds on the intranet before though... *looks at cousin luke*

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 21:03 »
So does my 5-year old brother, but what I meant was forums. He doesn't know how to use forums like this one. He just go's on online games like Nick Jr.

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 21:05 »
luke goes on stuff like pokemonelite2000 forumns and stuff though- he's like the computer fairie.
I told him to join pkmn instead XP

but anyways we're getting off subject XP

Offline Deoxys2

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 21:07 »
Whatever... :dry: I have nothing wrong with the 3+ rule. I see why you guys (looks at mods and admins) put that rule in place.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 21:21 »
hmmm, you know that too young and too early topic, I take lots of blame for this. Although Nathan made the topic, the RP was my idea and we went through things together, but it's not Nathans fault, it's mine.

thanks gl <3

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 21:22 »
OK Guys.  We appreciate it, but you don't have to line up to apologise.  Just keep it in mind, in future.  Thank you.

Offline Completelyrandom: Singing your praises in relative phrases

• Ego sum, Ego eram quod, Ego mos usquequaque exsisto
  • Joeno Fan
  • Take solace in the fact, that life is brief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 13:02 »
Easy.  I've never seen a show with a wide audience that showed sex, or the lead up to sex (which your story showed.)

Eastenders, thats all I'm saying. Nearly very soap out there has a lead up to sexual act, I'm not here to argue the three plus rule as personally I have never had a problem with it. However for the romance roleplays I think you've opened up something by openly telling people to report others, I mean its one thing to report someone for swearing too much or openly flaming others in the others forum, but I think that any good leader of a roleplay should inform the people within it where there comfortable with and what they aren't and maybe tell them to change a post if they so wish. Personally I see nothing wrong with the Thauxian rebel qoutes, my three year old sister would be ignorant to any subtle meanings there and as long as it is like that then were's the problem?
 I assure people that if they need to argue this with me, the recent eastenders story line was riddled with subtle peadophilia and still remians a three plus show.