Author Topic: Delta Episode Impressions  (Read 1899 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
Delta Episode Impressions
« on: November 28, 2014, 04:20 »
So I just beat the Delta Episode, and in my opion, it's definitely better than the postgame in X/Y. So I was wondering; what does everyone else think of it?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Episode Impressions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 06:43 »
It's filled with a lot of pointless running back and forth just to make it feel longer than it actually is, and that's never a good thing. The actual meat of the Delta Episode is really good, some pretty ground-breaking stuff for a Pokemon game, and I really hope we get future episode things like this, perhaps in the form of DLC, but cut out some of the pointless runaround.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 14:46 »
It's filled with a lot of pointless running back and forth just to make it feel longer than it actually is, and that's never a good thing. The actual meat of the Delta Episode is really good, some pretty ground-breaking stuff for a Pokemon game, and I really hope we get future episode things like this, perhaps in the form of DLC, but cut out some of the pointless runaround.

Agreed.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 23:29 »
It was over before I knew it, so other than what Richard said about the running around, let's see... I liked how it fleshed out Hoenn's lore and characters a little more... or at least, this version of Hoenn. Was Zinnia trying to save the Hoenn from Gen III by destroying that device? Or possibly yet another version of Hoenn where she actually exists? Or is she from Gen III retroactively and... yeah, as much as I liked the Delta episode, it's kind of confusing to take it all in at once. Cool stuff, though.

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 03:06 »
It was over before I knew it, so other than what Richard said about the running around, let's see... I liked how it fleshed out Hoenn's lore and characters a little more... or at least, this version of Hoenn. Was Zinnia trying to save the Hoenn from Gen III by destroying that device? Or possibly yet another version of Hoenn where she actually exists? Or is she from Gen III retroactively and... yeah, as much as I liked the Delta episode, it's kind of confusing to take it all in at once. Cool stuff, though.

I have OR, and I think she means the universe that AS takes place in, and in AS she means OR.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 15:19 »
^I dunno about that. The events in Omega Ruby's Delta Episode couldn't have been much different, save for the team you face being Magma, right? Zinnia implied the world she came from (or at least somehow knew about?) didn't have the technology to warp the meteoroid at all, so whatever alternate Hoenn it is... probably would have gone kaput if Gen 6's Hoenn was successful with the warp. Oh, and it's possible the people and Pokemon from Gen 6 Hoenn could have died in the process too. That's what seemed to be hinted at.

Long story short, I don't think she came from whichever version you didn't play, but I guess I can't say with certainty she's from Gen III's Hoenn, either. EDIT: Come to think of it, she mentioned that in her world, instead of going Primal, Kyogre/Groudon mega evolved...? Or, to be more speciifc, I think she said it was "closer" to Mega Evolution than it was to Primal Reversion. Either way, now I'm even more curious.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 15:47 by MonsterMon64 »

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 20:05 »
^I dunno about that. The events in Omega Ruby's Delta Episode couldn't have been much different, save for the team you face being Magma, right? Zinnia implied the world she came from (or at least somehow knew about?) didn't have the technology to warp the meteoroid at all, so whatever alternate Hoenn it is... probably would have gone kaput if Gen 6's Hoenn was successful with the warp. Oh, and it's possible the people and Pokemon from Gen 6 Hoenn could have died in the process too. That's what seemed to be hinted at.

Long story short, I don't think she came from whichever version you didn't play, but I guess I can't say with certainty she's from Gen III's Hoenn, either. EDIT: Come to think of it, she mentioned that in her world, instead of going Primal, Kyogre/Groudon mega evolved...? Or, to be more speciifc, I think she said it was "closer" to Mega Evolution than it was to Primal Reversion. Either way, now I'm even more curious.

And so, with every answer, comes a thousand more questions...

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 06:56 »
Well it was pretty fun. Loved the visuals, could have been a little less draggy but meh.

hi to anyone who still remembers me
The above statements are masterfully crafted fabrications.

Offline blake.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 10:21 »
^sup BY

i just started the delta episode and already it feels like a lot of back and forth. go home > hehe petalburg next > see you at meteor falls m8

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 18:30 »
I personally interpreted the link cable "alternate world" thing as a small nod to the GBA games. Most importantly is the reference to how in this other world they never discover mega evolution. That rules out it simply being the other game.

I wonder, if I try hard enough, would it be possible to reconstruct the Pokemon Timeline to fit some sort of multiverse theory? Perhaps in a few years we'll have the Pokemon Historia or something. I know that Masuda or someone uploaded a timeline before but there's certainly a case to be made for RSE actually taking place along a different timeline. At the same time, it's only a result from an off-handed remark from Zinnia.

Did anyone else catch Steven's episode to "The Strongest Mega-Evolution" OVAs (or whatever they're called in English)? He talks about how he once fought alongside a trainer with a blue Charizard, who I'm pretty certain is Alain. That also draws some interesting implications, since as far as I can remember, Alain or Sycamore in the OVA makes reference to Ash. This would mean that the anime is also concurrent with this rebooted Mega-Evolution aware Hoenn. Which basically makes it harder to defend the anime, since if I'm right the anime should still follow the rules of the games in terms of type matchups and what-not.

The battles, aside from the admin battles, were all reasonably challenging by single player standards at least. The Wallace rematch was fun enough, as was the final Zinnia battle. The legendary battles were hype as well. So yes, I'd agree that the main content of the game was entertaining, but running around Meteor Falls was not. I can see why they did it; in the original games there was never any incentive to go up that waterfall but now there is.

Otherwise, what else significant happened? Perhaps it's a bit strange how no one seems especially bothered that they're having their Key Stones all stolen and leave it to the player.

Despite all that, I would definitely appreciate a game where most of it is played in the sort of "Looker Quest"/"Delta Episode" style. Even if it's just a small spin-off the main series or something. Maybe in Game Freak's inevitable WiiU Pokemon game?