Author Topic: Could someone test something out for me?  (Read 1605 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Could someone test something out for me?
« on: May 05, 2014, 14:16 »
I'd like to know if the bluetooth keyboard from that Pokemon typing game works on other pokemon games, like when nicknaming pokemon as my second-hand 3DS didn't come with a stylus when I bought it.

I find it difficult to nickname pokemon even with a stylus.

Also, I'd like to know if it is possible to transfer all my SD card data onto another SD card (a bigger one), as my 3DS originally didn't come with one. I bought a 2GB SD card but it doesn't have much free space on it anymore.

I've heard that certain downloaded games like Dream Radar can't load up saved games upon transferring over to another SD card. Will my Pokemon Bank stuff still be intact upon transfer?

Offline Mew King

• Some Sort of Grad Student of Sorts
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Now even Manaphy wants to kill you
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone test something out for me?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 21:51 »
Everything should work when you transfer data using the SD card.  I did it once and everything worked swimmingly (though I believe I have a slower card than what I originally had so make sure that doesn't happen with you)

As for Pokemon Bank, that's tied to your Nintendo Network account which is stored on the on-system memory and all of your Pokemon are on an account on the cloud.  You'll notice that you'll fail to access Pokemon Bank if you aren't online
Gary was here.  Ash is a loser.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 22:16 »
Thanks for the reply. I might have to do a little research before I can find a faster and bigger SD card than the one I already have.

My dad might be able to help me a little bit too.

I don't think finding a faster one will be all that hard, considering my current one is quite slow to begin with.

Offline Mew King

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 02:58 »
Watch out for the class names as well as the UHS speed.  Class 10 should be the bare minimum, but you should get a high UHS number (probably a UHS 3 would be nice).  If you take out your card, you can see a number in a C.  That's the class number.  A number in a U is the UHS number.

Otherwise, it's all good.  If you're buying a card and money's not a huge issue, just buy a 32 GB card.  I think it's the largest that'll fit in it.  I'm not sure if SDXC can work...  I'd stick with 32 GB.  Each full game (downloadable games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing) takes about 1 GB so that's not bad...

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:03 »
The one I'm currently using is this one.
I bought it directly at an Argos when I went to the hostel I go to once a month.
The reason I got a cheap, small and slow one is because that was all I could afford back then with the limited money I had with me at the time. Money shouldn't be an issue this time though.

I'll definitely get at least a 4GB SD card as that is what my 3DS XL has.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 14:49 by Petzbreeder »

Offline Mew King

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 14:32 »
After seeing that, you can probably get any card and it'll outperform the one you currently have.  So, go for it.

This is the one I got by the way: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Class-Secure-Digital-Memory/dp/B00793AQ8C/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1399383120&sr=1-3&keywords=32+gb+class+10+sd+card+sony