Author Topic: The Bastion [C][Pw]  (Read 8749 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Reluctant Wailord

The Bastion [C][Pw]
« on: September 19, 2013, 00:11 »
Nobody knew where the automatons came from. Nobody knew why they came either – or how they got to Earth in the first place. Some say that they were from some hidden factory, others would say that they were not even of Earthly origin. However, while figuring out the answers to these questions was something constantly worked on, fighting them was the chief concern of the Earth’s denizens. Unfortunately, they had succumbed to a surprise attack – by the time each country had organised its forces, the automatons had already taken enough territory to set up bases, and dig in enough to not budge an inch.

The two sides fought each other to a standstill – something needed to be done. The soldiers were losing morale, the protests were growing larger every day, and the higher-ups were running out of ideas. However, there was one plan that had been in development for a number of years – the Bastion Project. A collection of extraordinary people, none over 21, were gathered, and spread out across the globe. Their talents would slowly turn the war in humanity’s favour. And, while it took a while, people began to see the results, as more territory was liberated. People couldn’t argue with the results – it was just the method of getting them.

However, it’s never that simple. There’s a reason why nobody in the Bastion is over 21. There’s a reason children are on the front line.
And nothing is ever what it seems when it comes to war.

In short, robot have invaded the Earth, and though the armies can hold them back, they’re not making any progress. Enter the people mentioned before – the extraordinary individuals, not a single one over 21. It’s their job to strike at key locations, and do what the armies can’t. The Bastion – as they’re known – is all over the world, but this RP will focus on one particular group.

Rules
Normal forum rules. You know the drill.
None of that godmodding or powerplaying stuff. That's no good.
Try to keep powers and abilities varied a little. It's no fun if we're all Supermen/women.
I won't stop you arguing with someone else. Just take it to messages, unless you've got a good reason.

Form
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b] Self explanatory.

[b]Alias:[/b] What the public knows you as.

[b]Age:[/b] Above 12, 21 or below.

[b]Gender:[/b] Anything you please, as long as it exists.

[b]Species:[/b] Because not all supers are human.

[b]Description:[/b] Include a picture if you like, but a written one is compulsory.
Please include costume description if applicable.

[b]Personality:[/b] Optional. If you want to develop and reveal over time,
or if you're just too lazy, that's fine.

[b]Power(s)/Abilities:[/b] What made those shadowy government types want to recruit you?
Please try to keep powers reasonable - we don't want an army of Supermen flouncing about,
it makes things boring and one-sided.

[b]Power(s)/Abilities Source:[/b] Where the above stuff came from. Try to include as much
detail as you can. For example, if they're an alien, talk about where they came from, how they
got to Earth - basically, their origin story.

[b]Weakness(es):[/b] Something we can exploit. Human-level durability is a weakness.

[b]Weapon(s):[/b] What it says on the tin.

[b]Other:[/b] Anything I miss?

List of Participating People
Reluctant Wailord: Al-don/Tin Soldier
MissLuluZombie: Alice/Circuit Breaker
Private Delano Donut: Allison Westerly/Lina
Poison2007: Mariana Paulina Santos/Santos
The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA: Jason Guerra/Nacatl
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 23:30 by Reluctant Wailord »

Reluctant Wailord

Re: The Bastion [J][Pw]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 02:21 »
I'd really like it if you were more specific with your powers. What's meant by "most wounds?" What if there're shards of some sort in the wound? Can scars be healed? Does it restore lost body parts? How much does it hurt him, and in what way?
You might also have to weaken your healing ability. Practical as it is, being able to shrug off injuries like nobody's business takes a lot of dramatic potential away.
An interest in the stars is not a viable power source. Green Lantern's power source is his ring, Superman gets his powers from yellow sun radiation, Batman trained for his - basically, how your character got his/her power(s). Expand on your current one so it makes sense, or find a new one.
Also, as you already have a power, I'd rather you not have a weapon with special properties beyond "this metal is harder than that metal, but isn't related to my powers at all."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:07 by Reluctant Wailord »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:00 »
I'll modify it then.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 20:15 »
Just a question before I make my character: can he be half robot or have robotic augmentations?
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 20:22 »
Done with the edit.

Cody, I think so. I'm not sure though.

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 21:09 »
Shiny, I must state that I'm the one running the show here. He'd take it up with me, not you. On a more positive note, your form is looking good so far. However, I'd like it if you went more in-depth with your powers - like explaining how he got a hold of the locket, how he figured out he had the power. I'll admit that I was vague with the form, but this will be rectified post-haste.

Wolstenhome, I'd like you to put some more detail into your form. Not to be rude, but it's looking a little bare-bones at the moment.
I'd like for you to specify the details of the experiment - how she got into it, what the experiment entailed, what the experimenters were hoping to achieve, that sort of thing.
As I said to Shiny, try to be more specific when explaining your powers. How cold is extreme cold? Does she have superhuman stamina, peak human, Olympian?
Please also reduce the number of powers she has. Currently, she's too powerful to consider for the RP - considering how vague the description of her powers are, we could have a Supergirl on the team, which would be rather boring for the rest of us.
And, while not compulsory, I'd appreciate it if you write in the third person. I understand if you don't want to, but it'd fit better with everyone else's style.

Depends on what you've got in mind, Cody.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 21:11 »
Something along the lines of guy with lighting coursing though his body - the augments would let him control it. Would that be fine?
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 21:15 »
Write up your form, and we'll see. Worst case scenario, I ask you to make a few amendments.
On another note, I'll have my form up soon. I apologise for being so slow, but college doesn't seem to like me very much.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 21:49 »
Name: Jack Rai

Alias: Izanagi

Species: Human, with robotic implants.

Description: Jack is 5ft 8 and he has a black buzz cut and startling amber eyes. When Jack had his implants they had to change his body, so his legs, torso and left arm have a robotic look to them. However, most people don't see this as he wears tall boots and black trousers, he also wears a tail coat with long tails (Under this is a chest-plate) and black gloves, The robot fingers on his left hand have long nails that have broken through the gloves. Jack also carries a white bandanna around, but doesn't wear it.

Personality: He doesn't want to fight, but will fight as well as any other. (The rest will be revealed over time)

Power/Abilities: From a young age Jack has always had a strong electrical current running through his body. However, until his augments he couldn't use this power, but now he can channel that current through the air or through his weapon and augments. To use these augments he tenses the area where he wants to use the current - Say he wanted to use his right hand he would tense up his right hand and his augments focus the current their so he can either electric punch someone or send the current through the air.

Power/Abilities Source: From birth he had the current, then when this was found out by the government they got their hands on him and gave him his augments (As to if he wanted them or not only Jack knows this) .

Weakness: Has mechanical components so an EMP will basically cripple him.

Weapon: A long full metal spear (The metal used conducts the electricity from his body all the time) it isn't that sharp. However, with electricity coursing through it that doesn't matter much.

I'm ready to adapt this if needed.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:33 by Cody999 »
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 21:55 »
Unless you're going to incorporate it into Jack telling his origin story in the RP, I'd appreciate it if you told us more about these augments. How did he get them? Why did he get them? Does he wnt them? How does he use them? These things are important for fleshing out a character, and working out any problems I may have with a character.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 22:07 »
For the if he wanted them that'll be told in the RP, I think covered everything you wanted covered if not I can adapt it again.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 22:16 »
Shiny, I must state that I'm the one running the show here. He'd take it up with me, not you.

Please note that I'm not trying to take control of this rp, I just thought I'd be fine, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't give an actual answer and let you make the call, since it's your rp. Sorry.

On a more positive note, your form is looking good so far.
Thanks.

However, I'd like it if you went more in-depth with your powers - like explaining how he got a hold of the locket, how he figured out he had the power.
On it, just need to think of something.

I'll admit that I was vague with the form, but this will be rectified post-haste.

That's fine, it good that people are finally starting to rp here again.
And, while not compulsory, I'd appreciate it if you write in the third person. I understand if you don't want to, but it'd fit better with everyone else's style.

I mostly like first person, but if needed, I'll do third. I can go either way.

Reluctant Wailord

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 22:22 »
I was talking about Wolstenholme, in reference to the first/third person. Incidentally, she appears to have deleted her post. Anyone know why?

And, this is just a request from me, tell me when you've made the changes - not before, when you've done them. If you want to challenge them, by all means, provide reasons. otherwise, I'd prefer to keep the application process as quick and clean as possible.
Also, Cody, while not  major gripe, you may want to proof-read your work. I understand your spelling and grammar won't be perfect, but it'd be great if you could touch up on it a bit.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 22:33 »
Name:  Penelope ??? (Last Name Classified)

Alias:  Circuit Breaker

Species:  Human / AI 'Hybrid'*

Description:  Penelope is 4"9 tall and has a slim weight.  She is White-British.  Her face is heart-shaped with slight angular features, though this does not hide her youth.  She has very dark brown eyes.  Her hair is black, though you can only tell from her eyebrows as her buzz cut can fool you into thinking it's brown.  On the back of her neck is a tattoo that reads '294' with a barcode beneath it.
     Penelope has no real civilian clothing.  The closest she has is a powder blue jumpsuit that has long since dulled in colour, or a plain grey T-shirt and dark cargo trousers.  She usually wears clunky military boots with either 'outfit'.  Aside from that, Penelope may wear a black single-piece suit that is tight to her skin, yet easy to move in; this is the underclothing she wears beneath her combat gear.
     She wears light armour when in combat so that she will be protected and able to move quickly.  The armour sticks close to the form of Penelope's body and is coloured in tones of grey.  She wears a helmet as Circuit Breaker with a full face visor; on the outside it is tinted black, but on the inside it serves as an interface that Penelope uses to help her on the field. She wears a kit belt with her armour to hold her taser, pistol and tools.

Personality:  I would like to develop her personality during the RP.  I'll note that she has a nasty temper and a distaste for being social with others, at least when it does not involve the Bastion's assigment.

Power(s)/Abilities: Technopathy; the ability to control and manipulate technology with the mind.  Penelope can deconstruct and reconstruct various devices as well as create some of her own.
     Thanks to the augmentations in her brain*, Penelope is capable of retaining vast amounts of information.  She can memorise blueprints to aid her in adjusting technology, making her more efficient and powerful with known targets.  She can think at a faster rate than normal and navigate through most computer systems, even to hack or reprogram them.  This means, should she be able to disable enemy units, she can reprogram them to fight their own kind.  The more Penelope knows about what she is manipulating, the better and stronger she is.
     Her sight has been enhanced to be sharper and clearer than average.  This is to help see more detail in technology so that she may better analyse and examine things.  If it weren't for her AI* this would be difficult to cope with.

Power(s)/Abilities Source:  Her abilities come from an odd mutation in her genetic code.  Penelope was discovered at the age of three, when she destroyed several appliances and devices when she was upset.  Her parents did not know what they were going to do when they learned what their daughter was, so they allowed her to be taken by the military in exchange for some compensation.
     Since then, she has been tested, trained, and experimented on as a weapon.  In order to improve her abilities beyond simply breaking electronic and putting them back together, multiple surgeries were approved.  Amps and augmentations were fused into her brain, but after these her motor skills and process of thought began regressing.  An AI program was then fused into her brain, leaving little trace of the Penelope from before surgery.
     Her new intelligence and her technopathy improved rapidly, but it was revealed to be too big of a step.  Penelope had barely questioned her lifestyle up to this point, where her new, computer-like intelligence and fast thinking began to put pieces together.  Two years prior to current events, she became self-aware of herself and the military's intent to use her as a weapon, she destroyed most of the laboratory she considered home out of rage.  After she was once again restrained and subdued, a 'suppressor' augmentation was added by the Bastion, which hinders her powers enough to prevent a similar event in the future.  Since the destruction of the lab, the entire project she was part of was shut down.

Weakness(es):  Human durability.  Penelope's small height and build makes her physically weak to most threats on the battlefield, making her an easy target without some cover and distance.  Her hand-to-hand combat revolves mostly around defence, so her strategies are limited to teaming up and keeping in cover.
     Penelope cannot properly manipulate anything she barely knows anything about.  Upgraded or new robot designs means she can not dismantle them the way she could a gun or a simple watch; this makes her incapable of doing anything with her powers alone.  Penelope would need to disable these robots in a more conventional manner, e.g. finding a control panel or an exposure of its internal workings.  This in itself would put Penelope at great risk when in such close range.
     She also has a problem with her temperament influencing her powers.  Should she feel conflicted or angry, her technopathy is harder to control.  This could result in the spontaneous destruction of nearby technology or Penelope being unable to use her powers.  If she can not keep herself in check, she could unintentionally manipulate her augmentations and harm herself.

Weapon(s):  Penelope has only two proper weapons; a strong taser and a modified pistol of her own creation.  The taser's electricity is not intended for humans, though there is a lower setting that would not be fatal.  The taser is mainly for shorting out enemy robots as a means of defence.  The pistol is also stronger than usual with the force of its ammo and steadier aim, but at the cost of quick firing time.

Other:  * See power origin.
- Penelope has only recently joined the group.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 20:48 by MissLuluZombie »
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Wolstenholme

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 22:39 »
I was talking about Wolstenholme, in reference to the first/third person. Incidentally, she appears to have deleted her post. Anyone know why?

Yeah. Originally I wasn't going to do this, but then I did but then I realized I'm just so busy right now that I'd slow the whole thing down loads, I have far too much work to do and I'll be in the same position pretty much until Christmas so it's better if I just don't do it.