Author Topic: Pokemon Green  (Read 2235 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Pokemon Green
« on: October 05, 2016, 17:15 »
I started playing Pokemon Green.

One thing I happen to notice is pallet Town is called white town. There's a sign in white town that says white is a primary colour. No it's not! Red, blue and yellow are primary colours!

Also, that guy that won't let you pass in the town above pallet town. He's grumpy because of the lack of coffee. Not true in this version. It's because he's drunk. Alcohol!

What is it with Japanese games and alcohol references?!

Just look at the Japanese wario land 2!

Also nicknames can only have five letters in it???!!!

So far I've only seen two attack names. Tackle is go all out. Growl is chirps. Wth?

Who else has played green? What do you think?

I've haven't even gone to the forest yet and I don't know weither I like it or not!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:57 by The name master »
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Scrungo

• Iceduck Fan
  • Call me "Tad" "Zane" or "Scrungus"
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Green
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 21:47 »
It seems like it would be fun to play with friends and make fun of it, like Vietnamese Crystal. I might have to check it out next time me and my friends are bored, sounds pretty funny
heyo my doods, if you wanna talk, im usually free. if im not here just email me, or if you wanna find me somewhere, im usually called "Scrungo" on most places.
please tell me if you use Wiimmfi to play wii/ds games online and wanna play with me, if you dont know what it is, i implore you to look it up.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 22:04 »
Sounds like a bad translation. Also, the Japanese games all had 5 character limits - it got increased to 10 characters when it was localized. There's a significant difference between localization and translation.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:03 »
Sounds like a bad translation. Also, the Japanese games all had 5 character limits - it got increased to 10 characters when it was localized. There's a significant difference between localization and translation.
I don't bother giving Pokemon nicknames. What could I possibly do with 5 spaces??? Is there that many spaces because they don't need as much space? Is it like one symbol is two letters or something?

BTW, I have to ask this: what's the difference between Chinese and Japanese writing?
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 16:11 »
BTW, I have to ask this: what's the difference between Chinese and Japanese writing?

The same thing as the difference between the Latin (English) alphabet and Japanese writing - they're different shapes and represent different sounds/words.

That said, there are several 'alphabets' (not quite, but close enough) in Japanese writing, one of which does use Chinese characters and is very similar in meaning (Kanji, iirc). There is also Romaji, which uses the same writing script as us. Afaik, the other two (hiragana and katakana) are both unique to japan in terms of script, but I don't know for certain.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝