Author Topic: My Pokemon Black Team  (Read 1415 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wolstenholme

My Pokemon Black Team
« on: April 28, 2013, 16:34 »
What do you think?

Hydreigon -
Dragon Rush
Crunch
Flamethrower
Hyper voice

Frost Rotom -
Discharge
Hex
Blizzard
Toxic

Ferrothorn -
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Shadow Claw
Power Whip

Archeops -
Fly
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Earthquake

Volcarona -
Hurricane
Psychic
Bug Buzz
Fire Dance

Slowking -
Psyshock
Surf
Brick Break
Ice Beam

Is it/ would it be a good team?

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
Re: My Pokemon Black Team
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 01:51 »
First off, You have three weaknesses to rock and fighting, so you might want to switch up some of your pokemon.

Next, in the case that you won't be switching any of your current pokemon, Hydreigon is best of as a special attacker, so if possible, replacing dragon rush with dragon pulse or draco meteor would be good. Either Hyper voice and dragon rush should be replaced with dragon pulse and draco meteor, or hyper voice should be switched with surf or any other decent coverage move.

There's nothing really wrong with your rotom, other then that you should replace discharge with thunderbolt. Although replacing hex and toxic with shadow ball and volt switch is another viable option for your rotom frost.

For ferrothorn, shadow claw should be replace with leech seed. Shadow claw isn't very strong, and it doesn't really help ferrothorn.

Archeops. Fly should be replaced with acrobatics. I know that its much more convenient to have a pokemon that knows fly in your party, but acrobatics is much stronger as long as your not holding an item

Volcorona. First, I'd like to mention, you do realise volcorona doesn't learn fiery dance t'ill level 100, right? Also, although less accurate, fire blast or heat wave are much better options. Or even flamethrower for that matter. Flamethrower has 95 power and 100 accuracy while fiery dance only has 80. Psychic would be best replaced with quiver dance, an amazing stat boosting move.

Finally, slowking. Slowking is a special attacker, and even though brick break lets it take on certain steel types, It would be best replacing it with another move. Slack off is a very good option, although thunder wave and nasty plot are also good.

So, you might want to switch some of your pokemon so you don't have 3 weaknesses to fighting and rock. If you keep all the pokemon the same, the movesets of all your pokemon should be definitely be tweaked.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 02:41 »
What do you think?

Hydreigon -
Dragon Pulse
/ Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf

Hydreigon in-game is best suited to being a special attacker. Dark Pulse is both an Egg move and a Tutor move in BW2, but tutor is much easier. Hyper Voice offers no type coverage at all, while Surf offers fantastic coverage alongside Dragon and Fire, with literally nothing resisting the three moves.

Frost Rotom -
Discharge
Hex
Blizzard
Toxic

Frost Rotom is bad. Very, very bad. It has to be used with Abomasnow's permanent Hail to stand a chance at being useful, and even then, not so much. Wash is fantastic, Cut can be good, Heat is... okay, but Frost and Fan are just awful, and even Fan is more useful than Frost. Even in-game, Frost is going to constantly annoy the hell out of you with Blizzard's 70% accuracy. If you'd like to pick a different form or different Pokemon to save yourself some headache, I'd be happy to help with those choices.

Ferrothorn -
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Shadow Claw
Power Whip

Actually, for in-game, this works. If it's competitive, this doesn't work well at all. I'm assuming this is for in-game, but if it's for competitive, I'll give a layout of how it should look.

Archeops -
Acrobatics
Stone Edge
U-Turn
Earthquake

Archeops is pretty terrible, due to his ability and common weaknesses. Still, if you're dead-set on using it, Acrobatics is more powerful than Fly if you don't carry an item (though it's much more powerful if used with a Flying Gem, but I doubt you want to be wasting one every single time you battle anyone).

Volcarona -
Quiver Dance
Giga Drain / Roost
Bug Buzz
Flamethrower

The boost from Fiery Dance sounds attractive, but when you consider that you have a move that boosts your Sp. Attack as well as other stats, and should nearly always be using that as your first attack, the stronger base power from Flamethrower is much more attractive. Hurricane is terrible without Rain in play, and Volcarona really doesn't like Rain in play, so it's pretty much a moot point in most cases. Giga Drain provides coverage against Water types, but Roost allows you an instant 50% recovery move, pick your poison.

Slowking -
Psyshock
Surf
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

Yeah, the Slowpoke family learns Flamethrower. Weird, huh?

Is it/ would it be a good team?

Changes in bold, sorta need to know if this team is for competitive battles or just in-game use, as the two are completely different, and need to be treated as such.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 16:23 »
Although rotom frost is very bad, at least he has a immunity to ground with his ability. Rotom fan has a useless ability due to the fact that its already flying, and flying type pokemon are immune to ground already.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 13:40 »
While Rotom-Fan has a useless ability, it is not a hindering one, and it still outperforms Frost outside of Hail.
Discord - richardblaziken