Author Topic: Gen 6 OU Keldeo + Pursuit Hyper Offense  (Read 2019 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Gen 6 OU Keldeo + Pursuit Hyper Offense
« on: December 04, 2016, 17:21 »
Decided to post another team from Gen 6 to have stolen from me jk love you guys people look at and possibly comment on. Only doing this as I am attempting to stay out of gen 7 until I obtain and beat Sun and the meta starts to settle down (hopefully with pheramosa gone). This is another hyper offensive team, however it's slightly different from my Mega Beedrill Hyper Offense team in that the mega that i'm using focuses on bulk and goes more offensive oriented in other areas. Plus, this team runs pursuit trapping, which can chase out different threats if given the chance. Coming in full health on a lati? Bye lati. Starmie thinks it can run away from the OHKO knock off? You're already dead. Weakened opponent trying to switch into a wall? Doesn't matter, pursuit likely wins.

Ok enough on that. This team runs an odd mega choice for Hyper Offense since it isn't exactly super fast, isn't an immediate world beater, and doesn't just die to any super effective hit. You'll see why once we get there. However, this team also runs a potent offensive core of keldeo (usually specs) and pursuit trapping, which in this case is weavile. Many pursuit trappers help keldeo, but weavile meshes nicely with keldeo since weavile covers most of keldeo's weaknesses, and keldeo can break down physical walls weavile may have trouble with.

The Team

Rainbow Bash (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs 
Ability: Justified 
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA 
- Icy Wind 
- Scald 
- Secret Sword 
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Ok, if anyone here thinks I like MLP, you can stop reading here. Anyways, Keldeo-Resolute has Secret Sword, with is basically a fighting type psychock. This is great because it can help bust a hole through things like chansey, which usually walls special attackers to hell and back. Scald can help weaken physical attackers that hope to bulk past keldeo (which doesn't happen often). Icy wind is used mainly on a predicted switch into a pokemon like the lati twins or tornadus and to discourage them from attempting such in the future. HP Electric is to help with bulky water types, which tend to trouble this team. Specs gives immediate power but locks into one move, which is fine since most of the time you just mash scald unless it's resisted. Timid helps keldeo outspeed some 110's in some cases that don't run a speed boosting nature.

So Cold (Weavile) @ Choice Band 
Ability: Pressure 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Knock Off 
- Ice Shard 
- Icicle Crash 
- Pursuit 

The second part of the offensive core, weavile. Weavile is the pursuit support that puts the freeze on Keldeo's checks and counters (though with mega sableye gone there aren't too many counters if any). Icicle Crash does a nICE amount, and ice shard moves first to deal chip damage if weavile comes in and either pokemon is near dead. Knock Off is extremely powerful and gets rid of items (very good, especially with chansey). Pursuit is key to this set since weavile can usually take a resisted hit (or come in on a psychic type move used on keldeo)and force a guessing game in your favor. The opponent must either stay in and hope to fake you out or simply switch out and take a massive hit. Jolly gives weavile a fantastic 383 speed and choice band boosts its already fantastic attack power even higher.

Everywhere in OU (Garchomp) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Rough Skin 
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Naive Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Stealth Rock 
- Draco Meteor 
- Fire Blast

This is a less conventional garchomp set that capitalizes on Garchomp's great movepool. Earthquake is a standby and SR makes garchomp a fast rocker capable of forcing switches. Now things get a little weird. Draco Meteor is used to surprise teams that assume that garchomp is physical. Fire Blast can surprise switching ice types, or a scizor trying to come in. Rough Skin punishes physical attackers and the spread and nature make garchomp as fast and offensively balanced as possible (though it's kind of hard to when one attacking stat is at 130 and the other 80).

NIN (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Serene Grace 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Iron Head 
- U-turn 
- Ice Punch 
- Healing Wish

This is the main Jirachi set that has made it live in infamy since Iron Head came about. Iron Head and Serene Grace combines to force an infuriating 60% of flinch. U-turn allows Jirachi to scout. Ice Punch scares away ground types and allows Jirachi to 20% freeze the opponent. Healing Wish is here to give a team-mate a second chance to punch through the other team. Most of the stat boosting via nature and ev's goes into speed to ensure that it can outspeed most of the metagame and flinch them into oblivion.

Mole Knight (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf 
Ability: Mold Breaker 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Iron Head 
- Rock Slide 
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill is here to provide fast hazard removal with rapid spin. If there's no hazards, Excadrill can come in and wreck havoc on flying types with rock slide. The spread is to ensure maximum speed and attack power. Mold Breaker is here in favor of sand rush because most of the time, excadrill doesn't need the speed, and Mold Breaker allows Excadrill to surprise levitate pokemon with a nasty surprise. STAB Boosted EQ is not fun to take.

Lissa (Latias) @ Latiasite 
Ability: Levitate 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Calm Mind 
- Thunderbolt 
- Ice Beam 
- Roost

This is the mega that I was talking about. Mega Latias is decently unconventional for a hyper offensive team, but it works very well. Once check and counters have been weakened or picked off, Latias can come in and mega evolve. It's very bulky and deceptively hard to kill. Calm Mind takes MLatias' special bulk to crazy levels and the special attacking to great levels. BoltBeam Coverage are ran for maximum coverage, even if STAB is not present. Usually BoltBeam is another huge surprise to teams because of the lack of STAB. Roost can help MLatias absorb hits and further boost its' crazy special stats. Unorthodox? Yes. Unviable? Certainly not.

As always, leave a comment below if you so wish to and the exportable version is available upon request. Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 17:11 by SirBlaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 6 OU Keldeo + Pursuit Hyper Offense
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 19:26 »
Tiny thing that's barely worth mentioning, but unless you have a reason for the 4 EVs on Keldeo & Jirachi being in Def, I'd move them to SpD. Then Download Porygon's will get the Atk boost rather than SpA. Like I said, not very relevant, but it's a big advantage if it does come up and I can't think of any reason to put them in Def, because 1 point is barely worth caring about given the RNG in damage.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:12 »
Not really a huge issue since Porygon-Z isn't really seen in OU because 90 base speed for a frail normal usually won't cut it. Sure scarf can be applied but usually only dark pulse can really hit jirachi for serious damage. As for keldeo killing it:

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 554-654 (178.1 - 210.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Porygon-Z: 246-289 (79 - 92.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Keldeo has a pretty easy time dispatching the standard Porygon-Z set, and even while locked into scald, Porygon-Z dies to it 3/8 times flat out if rocks are up. If Z has switched in one more time then it flat out dies. Sans thunderbolt, this is the best scarf porygon can do:

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 196-232 (60.6 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

In a 2v1 when keldeo is the 1 and Z is part of the two, I can see it happening. However, if keldeo has a chance to get out and even sack a weaker mon to use secret sword, most people would do that to mostly ensure the win.

As for Jirachi:

252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 147-174 (47.2 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Porygon-Z Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 180-214 (52.7 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

With Download:
+1 252 SpA Porygon-Z Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 270-318 (79.1 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

As long as Rocks are up and Jirachi is able to take 1 dark pulse, usually it doesn't matter. Plus if both remain, porygon-z can down one but will have a harder time taking down the other. The suggestion is great, but porygon-z is pretty uncommon in OU, making it a minor issue if anything.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:07 »
I know it's not much of an issue - bnut to note it's not just Z, it's also 2, and your calc is wrong as it's adaptability but it should be +1 from download, being T-bolt. Like it's such a rare occurrence that it barely matter, but what is your reasoning for having it in Defence? If you have a reason, fair enough, but otherwise it's a case of might as well, because you can't OHKO Porygon-2 with either, but you take like an extra 20-30% damage from T-Bolt (note, Keldeo can still kill it before it kills Keldeo, but you take more damage from it being at +1). You might decide it isn't worth changing, but I honestly see no reason not to put it in SpD, like does the defence actually help you survive anything?
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 02:16 »
I only did download calculation for dark pulse since T-Bolt is uncommon, which is also why I calc'd Tri-Attack instead. Also, many predominately SpA types from my experience are easier for my team to come in on than many common physical type (save like ice). Like I said, Porygon-Z isn't common, but Porygon-2 isn't too terribly concerned with the boost as it mostly prefers to take more hits than to dish them out. As for dealing with porygon-2, it's also not common in OU, since Chansey is a thing, and chansey is much easier to pressure due to its abysmal defense, so neither porygon is too worrying. It doesn't really matter too much either way to be honest, as this team mostly is to force switches and apply pressure than it is to eat an attack and then deal damage. If I start seeing porygon in OU, i'll probably make a switch from there, but there's so many other pokemon above it that it's rarely even seen.