Author Topic: Resident Evil HD  (Read 817 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Resident Evil HD
« on: February 10, 2015, 00:17 »
A re-release of a 12 year old game based on a 19 year old game, out on PS3/4 360, Xbox One and PC.    And it's wonderful.    I wasn't much into the old school RE games, my expreince started with Resident Evil 4 (which I total loved, still do love, and can go back to it any time and enjoy so much) so when fans complained that the series was out of touch with its roots,  I didn't really fully understand the compliants.

But playing it now (with the new, updated controls,) I can see where their coming from.  Whilst in RE4 the combat was at the forefront, this game, with it's limited ammo almost encrouges avoiding your enemies unless it's aboustely necessery.  Come across a tight corridor in the mansion you think you'll be re-entering? Do you take out the Zombie or try to avoid, bare in mind if you do decide to take it down and leave it for a while.. well.

I love the carefully crafted camera angles, and whilst the scene changing can be confusing at first, I still loved the atmosphere they crafted, with their frame scenes combind with the sound and music (or most of the time, lack of any noise) really makes for a unsettling atmosphere.  Most of the time I've watched my girlfriend play it together, but I still felt as much involved as I do when playing it myself.

Anyone else playing?  What do you think?

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil HD
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 00:38 »
I love playing Resident Evil HD, aiming for the platinum since I love the game so much <3

It's only my 2nd Resident Evil game I completed, with the other being 4. I have played some of 2 and Revelations. The atmosphere is so creepy, which I love and some bits did make me scream and jump lol. It also taught me to be more tactical with the zombies, and not kill any unless necessary.

The puzzles were fun to solve, and Jill has to be my favourite character in the game <3

I beat the game for the first time Sunday with Jill <3, and just completed a knife only run with Chris today.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 00:41 by Milla Maxwell »

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 11:09 »
Completed the original remake on the Gamecube ages ago. Would like to see what it all looks like in HD though.

I've played and finished all the main series of the RE games and I still love them, even RE6 despite the constant whinging from so called 'real RE fans' that "It's not about the zombies anymore!" Except it's about the demise of the Umbrella Corporation and Albert Wesker's rise and fall from grace.

The further story that evolves in the background of the remake is chilling as hell. The whole Lisa Trevor backstory and what was going on BEFORE Chris, Jill and Barry enter is also really cool (Resident Evil 0)

I think that's what makes RE my favourite franchise- Because the story never stops, it goes on way beyond the mansion and Raccoon City and every plot hole gets filled at some point in the franchise.

Suppose with this there's going to be the inevitable "Remake RE2" demands. Don't bother. It's perfect, don't fix what ain't broke!
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 17:29 »
Did a no save run yesterday, having the infinite rocket launcher made it much easier to beat the game without saving :)

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)