Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380333 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: first world problems
« Reply #3570 on: December 22, 2017, 02:52 »
some piece of work decided that the optimum time to fly a drone is at quarter to three in the morning. WHY

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: December 23, 2017, 15:27 »
the steam sale just started but because i changed jobs back in the beginning of the month and payroll got all messed up i have literally 1 cent in my bank account and can't buy anything til after christmas ugh life sux

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3572 on: December 27, 2017, 23:49 »
why are doctors so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally demonstrated my shakes in front of this woman and she didn't think anything is wrong!!! I told her that my legs have crumpled beneath me several times since I last saw a doctor!!! I told her I'm always tired and she said "you should get out more!" like what kinna dotor says that to a permanently exhausted patient!!! I just want to know what is wrong with me!!!!!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #3573 on: December 29, 2017, 12:55 »
^ This is why I went to a chiropractor to get my back issues sorted. Actually, it was a doctor that referred me and I always thought they hated them.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3574 on: December 29, 2017, 14:36 »
^ This is why I went to a chiropractor to get my back issues sorted. Actually, it was a doctor that referred me and I always thought they hated them.
My back's been hurting for at least a year now. I've gone to the docs practically every month and only one did a minor check (said I had good range of movement, like yeah that's what hypermobility does lol) but no one has passed me on. It's getting to the point where my back actually hurts more than the rest of me, and hurts to the point where it's the only thing I can think of (which is like a 9/10 on the pain scale). It's just getting beyond ridiculous now and I hate going back and back and back to the doctors (ha, back) when nothing seems to get done.

It took me 8 years to get a diagnosis for joint hypermobility so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. At this rate I'll be 32 by the time anyone goes "Oh yeah, 8 year long back pain? That's weird."

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: December 29, 2017, 22:22 »
^Meanwhile in the US you'd have enough pain meds to equal 10k in street value. And this is AFTER he crackdown. Joking aside, I hope you get that sorted out.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: December 29, 2017, 23:29 »

yah, have someone with connective tissue problems go to somewhere where delicate spinal connective tissue is directly mashed about sorry i mean ~~~subuluxated~~~~, good one,

My back's been hurting for at least a year now. I've gone to the docs practically every month and only one did a minor check (said I had good range of movement, like yeah that's what hypermobility does lol) but no one has passed me on. It's getting to the point where my back actually hurts more than the rest of me, and hurts to the point where it's the only thing I can think of (which is like a 9/10 on the pain scale). It's just getting beyond ridiculous now and I hate going back and back and back to the doctors (ha, back) when nothing seems to get done.

It took me 8 years to get a diagnosis for joint hypermobility so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. At this rate I'll be 32 by the time anyone goes "Oh yeah, 8 year long back pain? That's weird."

throw this at them while yellin at them about their hippopotamus oath (the nice guidelines are how i know im due 10 sessions of acupuncture (????????????) if i finally lose my rag with topirimate so its good to know)

your Game Plan with docs is getting a referral to either an occupational therapist or a physiotherapist if you can + finer subdiagnoses of wth is going on 

if you been bonafide proper diagnosed w/ hypermobility and everything they should be offering you some form of referral for some kind of ~~~~~non-pharmacological~~~~~ treatment especially since the GPs should be going "hmmery we should be reducing dependance on opiods" cos dang if the opiod painkiller industry Problem & The Trouble With ΔFosB Overexpression & why the hell fentanyl deaths (both legal and heroin spiked) are now even being a thing and is like....omg dont even get me started cos i just sound so Conspiracy Theory about it

NHS rules also say you're entitled to a Second Opinion/complaining about it and usage of this thing called PALS for when your doc is bein a bit of a dic so use them both!! i know its tempting to give up and go "why bother" in an eeyore voice esp since the nhs is now falling to bits or w/e with glorious brexit but STILL

also you should have been givena leaflet with this this support group post-diagnosis with a helpline you can ring. not quite the same but as a lungnerd we have the British Lung Foundation and you ring them up and they tell you how to talk to the GPs to get what you want and where you want to go with ur feeble lungs (its staffed by asthma nurses and in ur case the helpline on the hypermobility site is staffed by hypermobility sufferers) so you should give the Bendy Joints version one a try??? they have an email address somewhere on the site to email for advice/help (technically under the kids/teens section but you can cheat and go ''sorry im a bit of a mental childe i guess im too scared to ring the telling communy occastions number'' like i would lmao. ive found if you're in total doubt and epical autism is failing you completely you can just go in completely the wrong place and act a bit useless sometimes & they'll give you The Aw Diddums Look but point you in the right direction)

also p.s. i can't remember if you said you had any kind of MRIs or any kind of scans or anything but i guess just cos i had one friend who had a terrible lower back and arthritic stuff and it turned out she had anklyoising spondylitis you could probably get that checked out but say that to the docs and they really WILL think you been Dr Googleing it unfortch. but i guess make sure theres no family history of backbones fusing together

p.p.s the website said he avg time for diagnosis of hypermobility let alone treatment was 10 years so you're doing slightly well in that respect i guess????????????? fwiw
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 23:34 by lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes »
           

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3577 on: December 30, 2017, 18:32 »

i havent' had my brain work good medication so my reading comprehension is garbagio and so is my everything else

throw this at them while yellin at them about their hippopotamus oath (the nice guidelines are how i know im due 10 sessions of acupuncture (????????????) if i finally lose my rag with topirimate so its good to know)

acupuncture is something i wouldn't want 2 do bc of the fibro like symptoms i have lol. gentle touch feels like punch and the last time i had blood taken it hurt like buggery sdjfklsdf

your Game Plan with docs is getting a referral to either an occupational therapist or a physiotherapist if you can + finer subdiagnoses of wth is going on 

if you been bonafide proper diagnosed w/ hypermobility and everything they should be offering you some form of referral for some kind of ~~~~~non-pharmacological~~~~~ treatment especially since the GPs should be going "hmmery we should be reducing dependance on opiods" cos dang if the opiod painkiller industry Problem & The Trouble With ΔFosB Overexpression & why the hell fentanyl deaths (both legal and heroin spiked) are now even being a thing and is like....omg dont even get me started cos i just sound so Conspiracy Theory about it

yea i got the hypermobility diagnosis when i was uhhhhhhhhhhh 21/22 after it starting when i was 13/14 (ten years of this bs what genetic lottery crap is this smh). docs have tried putting me on the other fam of medications and i was put on naproxen but me and naproxen don't get along. it gets rid of the pain BUT instead i get horrible stomach cramps and i feel like my joints are made of cotton wool and sugar paper so i went back to the docs like "can i have my codeine back? thnx". they're super hesitant to put me on anything stronger (and when i went to the hospital a few years back for my heart the doc said "codeine wow we should get you off of that!" and i said "i've only just been put on it" and he wa slike "o" orz

NHS rules also say you're entitled to a Second Opinion/complaining about it and usage of this thing called PALS for when your doc is bein a bit of a dic so use them both!! i know its tempting to give up and go "why bother" in an eeyore voice esp since the nhs is now falling to bits or w/e with glorious brexit but STILL

yeah it's just this one particular doctor who seems to just brush me off?? i only picked her on the booking thing bc i didn't fancy getting up at 7am. thankfully i don't think she's my specific gp coz otherwise i'd be annoyed as heck. tryng to get in to see one of the docs soon but the only free ones when i check are either 1) ass end of the morning or 2) temporary docs so i'm more hesitant to pick them

also you should have been givena leaflet with this this support group post-diagnosis with a helpline you can ring. not quite the same but as a lungnerd we have the British Lung Foundation and you ring them up and they tell you how to talk to the GPs to get what you want and where you want to go with ur feeble lungs (its staffed by asthma nurses and in ur case the helpline on the hypermobility site is staffed by hypermobility sufferers) so you should give the Bendy Joints version one a try??? they have an email address somewhere on the site to email for advice/help (technically under the kids/teens section but you can cheat and go ''sorry im a bit of a mental childe i guess im too scared to ring the telling communy occastions number'' like i would lmao. ive found if you're in total doubt and epical autism is failing you completely you can just go in completely the wrong place and act a bit useless sometimes & they'll give you The Aw Diddums Look but point you in the right direction)

i never got a leaflet it was just a "yeah ur bendy lol bye" and that was basically it. i got sent to the physio for 9 months but the exercises didn't rly seem to help??? and i'm ngl i haven't rly been keeping up with them bc i don't have Energy and also Forgot What Exercises i was given after I got the inistial bit of paper kaldsja

also p.s. i can't remember if you said you had any kind of MRIs or any kind of scans or anything but i guess just cos i had one friend who had a terrible lower back and arthritic stuff and it turned out she had anklyoising spondylitis you could probably get that checked out but say that to the docs and they really WILL think you been Dr Googleing it unfortch. but i guess make sure theres no family history of backbones fusing together

p.p.s the website said he avg time for diagnosis of hypermobility let alone treatment was 10 years so you're doing slightly well in that respect i guess????????????? fwiw

nah last time i had any sort of stuff like that in a hsopital was wehn i was living in bangor and got sent to the hospital twice for chest pains and it was just an x-ray. i do have a family history of back issues (mum got issues dad got issues) but unfortunately bc we don't know who my maternal grandad is that's a big fat ???? there. i just need 2 find a doc who won't be like "you should get out more!" when it comes to me saying "i hurt all the time????" like pls what about a 24 yr old who can't do anything bvc of pain is normal??????? dksfl;sd

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: January 01, 2018, 02:01 »

maybe its not the same thing, but i remember my mum had severe back pain (along with fibromyalgia.... lord) for about 2 years before a doctor referred her for an mri scan. turns out one of her spinal disc?? things?? has completely flattened over the years. so she basically has one less part of her spine. 2 years to get told she MIGHT need an x ray... and for something like that? messy.

but i had a similar issue, not as bad but still messy: my thyroid is broken to the point where i just got it completely removed last month but back in like 2012 it took me almost a year to get someone to figure out why my arms hurt so much. i was in agony every time i moved even slightly it was a shooting pain for like 20 minutes after. as you know you need arms and hands to do most things so i was effed for daily life, and it eventually spread to my upper arms, then my shoulders, until my entire body was just unable to move without being in pain, and to cut a long-ass story short, i eventually got blood tests and got told "oh, you need a higher dose of thyroxine, go from 75mg to 150mg"

like... when someone with hypothyroidism comes to your clinic, saying "hey i have muscle and bone problems" which is an issue in people with hypothyroidism, you generally think "ah, maybe we should run some blood tests"

the worst part is i got blood tests throughout that year but got told nothing was wrong. like... how do you mess that up. sometimes i wonder if paying for healthcare over in america might help more than whatever this is.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 01, 2018, 02:26 »
Starting the new year with a horrible sinus infection with the addition of my mucus being mainly blood filled. It even hurts to drink water and swallow saliva. I'm really not one for going to the doctors but I think I'm gonna have to to sort this out if it doesn't get better over the next few days.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: January 01, 2018, 13:49 »
Got Super Mario Advance 2 cartridge for my GBA at Christmas, but it didn't work! :(

The Gameboy intro plays, but the word "Nintendo" doesn't appear under the word "Gamboy" then it doesn't do anything else.

But, going to get a replacement! :)

Guess that's what happens when you shop on Ebay!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: January 01, 2018, 20:40 »
acupuncture is something i wouldn't want 2 do bc of the fibro like symptoms i have lol. gentle touch feels like punch and the last time i had blood taken it hurt like buggery sdjfklsdf

ahh nono i was talking about how its a treatment for chronic migranes if both the beta blocker/anticonvulsant fail. no acupuncture for u luckily. (there is a tca but im already on one and i HATE strong anticholingerics)

the NICE guidelines are the things that docs have to (or should) generally follow In Good Practice iirc (the reason GPs seem so apathetic and Try It For 6 More Weeks is because the job of a doc is basically to go by a professional flowchart with Doctorly Common Sense and if they deviate from what Best Practice Guidelines say they open themselves up to Legal Malpractice Trouble, not lettin any of them off the hook but its a bit of a legal nightmare bein a Responsible doc) 

yea i got the hypermobility diagnosis when i was uhhhhhhhhhhh 21/22 after it starting when i was 13/14 (ten years of this bs what genetic lottery crap is this smh). docs have tried putting me on the other fam of medications and i was put on naproxen but me and naproxen don't get along. it gets rid of the pain BUT instead i get horrible stomach cramps and i feel like my joints are made of cotton wool and sugar paper so i went back to the docs like "can i have my codeine back? thnx". they're super hesitant to put me on anything stronger (and when i went to the hospital a few years back for my heart the doc said "codeine wow we should get you off of that!" and i said "i've only just been put on it" and he wa slike "o" orz

naproxen is awful on the stomach (i think i went on some boring dissertation about non-selectivity of COX enzymes and how stuff like ibuprofen and naproxen also inhibits the same thing that makes ur stomach mucus lining - hence the terrible stomach cramps! minor stomach ulcers! hurray!) in most patients with dicky tummies it should be co-administered with a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole. if you feel like trying anti-inflammatories again you could try Meloxicam maybe

opiods make u feel v bliss n floaty n "aaaaah yeh" which is usually Big Trouble in the Hippopotamus Oath Doctor world. obvs its a long way between codiene (the literal weakest opiod) and fentanyl (not quite carfentanil in terms of ridiculous leathality, such that it was used as a literal aerolised chemical weapon once, but getting there) but its the sllloooowwwww adjustment of pain receptors over the months and years that gets you there     

yeah it's just this one particular doctor who seems to just brush me off?? i only picked her on the booking thing bc i didn't fancy getting up at 7am. thankfully i don't think she's my specific gp coz otherwise i'd be annoyed as heck. tryng to get in to see one of the docs soon but the only free ones when i check are either 1) ass end of the morning or 2) temporary docs so i'm more hesitant to pick them

i never got a leaflet it was just a "yeah ur bendy lol bye" and that was basically it. i got sent to the physio for 9 months but the exercises didn't rly seem to help??? and i'm ngl i haven't rly been keeping up with them bc i don't have Energy and also Forgot What Exercises i was given after I got the inistial bit of paper kaldsja

lmao soz im p much going by the website and assuming Best Practice which is a happy ideal. reading on the hypermobility website it says the Fatigue with hypermobility is important to get Checked Out so its not confused with either CFS or ME which have completely different Approaches to tackling them treatment-wise so maybe thats the next step????

if physio doesn't work you can try to blag for an Occupational Therapist but //wavy hand motions// good if you can get them. sniffin around on the site it seeeeeemmssss they tentitatively consider hypermobility and Ehrlers-Danlos Syndrome the same now (bottom of this page, click on the bit that says "Ehrlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)"). so technically i guess you should be asking ur GP who you should be asking for clarification over whether you're a hypermobility patient or an Erhlers-Danlos patient now????? for ~~~~doctor legal diagnosis proper-iality~~~~~ although if Updated Education hasn't rolled out they'll probably look at you all like "you wot" so double edged sword maybe

obviously BIG DISCLAIMER i am not a doctor and so forth. if they can't give you the answers they need then in so many slightly rude-for-me words (i try to respect all the skills of our nhs staff) they arent Expert enough for your current needs and need to refer you to someone who can deal with you (local pain clinic, local rheumatologist). the feeling u will get when u get to someone who can deal with you or takes you Seriously is Great and totes worth it, trust me. even if it does mean a lil bit more waiting so i do urge u to push on

but i had a similar issue, not as bad but still messy: my thyroid is broken to the point where i just got it completely removed last month but back in like 2012 it took me almost a year to get someone to figure out why my arms hurt so much. i was in agony every time i moved even slightly it was a shooting pain for like 20 minutes after. as you know you need arms and hands to do most things so i was effed for daily life, and it eventually spread to my upper arms, then my shoulders, until my entire body was just unable to move without being in pain, and to cut a long-ass story short, i eventually got blood tests and got told "oh, you need a higher dose of thyroxine, go from 75mg to 150mg"

like... when someone with hypothyroidism comes to your clinic, saying "hey i have muscle and bone problems" which is an issue in people with hypothyroidism, you generally think "ah, maybe we should run some blood tests"

the worst part is i got blood tests throughout that year but got told nothing was wrong. like... how do you mess that up. sometimes i wonder if paying for healthcare over in america might help more than whatever this is.

no-one gets anywhere in endocrinology cos the place clogged up with 70000 dads going 'i got a lump in my throat at my sons beautiful flute solo in his school concert,  ive clearly got a serious goitre and need a thryoid check doc'

seriously tho sorry if this is quote hijacking but sorry to hear and hope u are doing better now, i was curious but unless ppl actively openly talkin bout it in word form i feel hella weird asking about stuff like im oversteppin peoples social comfort boundaries or something 

obvs im (whats that word. starballin? spitgazing? armblazing???) here but i heard the reason they miss thyroid stuff so often is cos you gotta tell them to do a full thyroid workup and not just the TSH which you'd think they'd do by normal!!! but technically a big n proper thyroid function test with Nationally Standardised Levels is due dilligence at some point for everyone presenting with Psych Problems (p much the only reason i know about thyoid test stuff lmao) too and those never happen due to £$£$£$ or the lack of it in the system. strategic framework stuff which would get sorted somewhat if the nhs wasnt such a mess rn (beth prays for politics miracle in 2018. aaaahhh who am i kidding).

you can go Private here which some people do but unfortch if they Screw It Up you arent entitled to the Consumer Protection that you were if you were public (see: Ian Paterson compensation case and how the private clients got screwed over) and also its sometimes just the same stuff in the end. like the hissyfits that BUPA patients pull when they're on essentially the same wards + same treatment as "scummy nhs proles"
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 02, 2018, 20:10 »
 My white Harry Potter PJs are now a strange peach colour and I'm guessing it's because my bed sheets are red.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 05, 2018, 21:44 »
Seeing the rest of this message would be nice!

I'm guessing that the first word of the next sentence is "try", but try what exactly?

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 08, 2018, 17:22 »
So my parents had some horrific mega flu last week and we quarantined them to a single room and I only went in to give them food and water all week and did the absolute most not to get their flu but I guess that doesn’t matter cos I got it anyway 🤒 have been in bed coughing and with a horrendous fever and a headache all day. I’m supposed to be going back to uni on weds  and work on Saturday but i’ll probably still feel horrifying :/
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE