Author Topic: Yo  (Read 763 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline PurpleLovezz

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Yo
« on: September 11, 2016, 19:00 »
Username: PurpleLovezz, but you can call me Purp or Purpzie.
Favourite Pokemon: Weeeeeeelp I can't really decide. I love them all. Anything that's a bird or a dragon and flies, or just generally looks cool.
Favourite Type: Again I can't decide.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: Err. I'm kinda boring but alright???
I love to mess with video games (like the code and whatever, if it's allowed). The first game I modded was Minecraft since there's like thousands of tutorial videos about it.

Why did you pick your username?: Okay this one has quite a backstory.
The first true video game I ever played was called "FreeRealms". Pretty sure some of you have heard of it. My username there was "PurpleLovezz" because obviously purple was (and is) my favorite color. I don't know, I just came up with it on the spot.
I spent a lot of my money on that game, way back then. I even managed to buy their lifetime membership before they removed the option to buy it. Hah, I was one of the rare players who had it and was still playing the game regularly.
Anyways, way back in March 2014, it was announced that FreeRealms would close. After almost three or four years of playing the game... it would disappear. It was the kind of game I would play day and night for hours, and where I've met a lot of online friends, so it was heartbreaking to hear that it was closing.
A few weeks prior to the closing, they set the price of everything in the shop to 1 coin/station cash. I got all of their VIP houses, mounts, etc.
Eventually the last night came. I even stayed up until midnight so I could just savor those last few seconds before it was all over. A lot of others had the same idea, and the game's landmarks were turned into lag-fests of thousands of players dancing, partying, and shouting goodbye messages. And then the horrible notification popped up, something along the lines of, "You have lost connection" or, "We are managing the servers".

From that point on I've always made my username "Purpzie" or "PurpleLovezz" on any other website I sign up on.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
Re: Yo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 20:34 »
Hi, Purp!  I'm Alice and I've been here for a while now.  I'm guessing you're into the aesthetic side of Pokémon and their designs - I'm the same; I can't stand any Pokémon that doesn't have aesthetic appeal.  Nice username story, by the way - nice and emotional.  Good job.

thanks gl <3

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Yo
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 16:38 »
I love to mess with video games (like the code and whatever, if it's allowed). The first game I modded was Minecraft since there's like thousands of tutorial videos about it.

You don't suppose you could download the Glacier Ice mod and update it to 1.7.10, could you? I've been wanting it for a while.

Welcome to the site, by the way.