Author Topic: Community Name Rating.  (Read 1055 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hazmatfox

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Community Name Rating.
« on: July 02, 2015, 16:58 »
So lurking about a month on the site, it seems that the NameRater isn't returning any time soon. Plus one person's opinion (Or a few others in the case of this site) does leave some biased, and yet still humorously critique. I'd thought it be fun we band together and critique our own nicknames for our favorites. Keep in mind, I do see this not working out... mainly the same reason why the NameRater isn't responding, too many nick names posted, and not enough time or critiques.

With that out of the way, let's get started. ^-^

To throw my hat in the ring, there is my Sandslash, Amarillo. I am from the Midwest in the United States, and adore wild west fiction. The name is based off a town in Texas, and there a plenty of armadillos running amok. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 18:19 by Hazmatfox »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Community Name Rating.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 17:12 »
This seems more like a forum game to me. That board is a child board under the Role Playing board. Then again, if the admins have a problem with it, they'll say something or move it.

Your first nickname: Knuckles the Blaziken
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Hazmatfox

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 17:55 »
I hope they do... after the first five minutes of starting this thread, I realized the mistake I made and thought... "Oh dear lord, this does not belong here." Other than that, until then, we'll just roll with it.

On the subject of your Blaziken, I actually ran into that nickname on the NameRater page. My thoughts on it were, It's Sonic related, Blaziken is more kickboxer than fisticuffs. So I don't see it really fitting, but hey, I do see the similarities. Both are red, and like to beat up stuff XD

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 18:03 »
Hey, you mind putting all that into one post as well? It's a lot easier on the eyes.  That would be a great help, thanks.

On the subject of your sandslash, that sounds too much like armadillo for my liking, since Sandslash is a shrew. The desert reference does earn you a couple of bonus points, though. (I live in the midwest too)
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 18:08 »
I like the name Amarillo! I don't see THAT much of a semblance to Armadillo besides the first and last few letters. Also, Amarillo is a color that's a similar color to Sandslash... and the hops that go in some IPAs!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 22:27 »
To throw my hat in the ring, there is my Sandslash, Amarillo. I am from the Midwest in the United States, and adore wild west fiction. The name is based off a town in Texas, and there a plenty of armadillos running amok.

This'd be really good if Sandslash was an armadillo, buuut unfortunately he's either a mouse (as per the species name in the dex) or a Pangolin as the Japanese name is Sandpan, so it's kinda irrelevant.

Knuckles the Blaziken

Aside from apparently both having terribly bad hair and largely being red, I really have to knuckle my brain to know what sort of knucklehead would come up with this. (/bad knuckle puns)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Hazmatfox

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 05:09 »
Here's my thoughts on Amarillo. Yes Sandslashisn't an armadillo... but Amarillo is a color of dark yellow, like Sandslash's body. It's a desert theme Pokemon, and Spanish names are very suiting, even when the pokemon has armadillo tendencies. It's really a coincidence that Amarillo sounds like armadillo.