Author Topic: I've spent half my life here...  (Read 2925 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline firefly1

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Re: I've spent half my life here...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 14:21 »
Funny, it was only a few days ago I was thinking to myself that I joined this site over 10 years ago. I always wonder about certain people like Kay, RapidashKing, Kit, Dan, and someone who I think was named Alex who introduced me to Yellowcard and Zebrahead, I remember wishing I had kept some contact info to see what was up in their lives.

I joined here when I was 11 and I remember getting really into the roleplay and sprite art community. There was this awesome Umbreon and Espeon roleplay, and I remember making a freewebs site on spriting tutorials with some of the people here. Then I remember branching off to Articuno's community, TST, and I stopped posting here for the most part. Now since I started university, I haven't even gone to TST much either. Man, a lot has happened since then.

I guess my old account was deleted, all I can find of myself is an old second account I created in 2007 an attempt to get back into the community here. I can't even recover that because just a couple months ago I went through a PURGE EVERYTHING IN MY EARLY TEENS phase and deleted all my old email accounts. I kind of regret that, yet I kind of don't.

Anyway I saw this post and I thought I might say a bit as well, even if people don't recognize me, I haven't properly been here since like 2005 so that's reasonable, haha.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 23:56 »
I don't recall who you are but your username seems vaguely familiar.  Is there any other nickname we'd knw you by?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline b1g

• nonchalant rapper
  • Joeno Fan
  • better than you
    • View Profile
    • lacklustre records
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 02:14 »
I am a dick ... and a bloody good one. On ya Muhed. Turned 22 yesterday, too. Hate it already.
better than you, est. always

Offline palladium

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 03:28 »
i joined this site somewhere in the 2009-2010 timespan, what seems to have been a lifetime ago. i had to have been 11 years old. i remember leaving (not really the word i should use; it was more of being informally, justifiably, and rightfully, kicked out as of a result of some bad drama on my part) about 2 or 3 years ago. since then, i've never thought much of anything about it. i remained in some form of contact with a couple of people, but since i've been locked out of my aim account (apparently my email got hacked at some point and, despite several phone calls, have not been able to retrieve it) i've lost all contact with people from this site.

out of nowhere, i got the sudden urge to revisit it. i'm not entirely sure why, considering i play pokemon irregularly and infrequently and it isn't nearly a part of my life as much as it was back when i was an active member of this website. seeing that this board disproportionately contain nostalgia threads makes me feel like i'm not alone in this sudden revisiting of the website. surprisingly, i've managed to pull memories that i completely managed to forget about from several years ago. it's a surreal experience.

11 years old when i joined. i've gone through middle and most of high school at this point. and yet, nothing on this website seems to have (visually) changed. clearly, the people have all gotten older; i'm glad to see it's still a part of some peoples' lives.

anyway, congratulations, muhed on your BS, andgood luck getting your phd! what are you planning to major in?

it's not enough to love the unreal
i am inseparable from the impossible

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 04:51 »
Ah may I ask who you are as well palladium?  Also I'm majoring in physics right now (well "majoring" because it's a phd program) and I just finished my first semester!

And whoa it's rikimaru...
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline palladium

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 05:00 »
hey, that's awesome! physics has to be one of the most interesting fields of science to go into. any particular focus on physics (theoretical, applied, etc)?

and i'm tom_ (probably should have mentioned that in the previous post)

it's not enough to love the unreal
i am inseparable from the impossible