Author Topic: Whats Your Greatest Memory Of Pokemon  (Read 4544 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Jampie

• The Hay Master
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
Whats Your Greatest Memory Of Pokemon
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:27 »
Mine was when me and my friend were play Soulsilver had like a bunch of Eevees and he gave me some and they already were holding the stones but me being a derp and not knowing stones were how the evolved then my friend told me and so I used the 3 stones with 2 Eevees left and wondering they evolved then after a while I got Umbreon and Espeon and then I used that team with my Typhlosion and beating the entire game with that team.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Whats Your Greatest Memory Of Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:49 »
I don't know where Raph is (well he's active still), but we had this battle on NetBattle that took like 80 turns and it came down to a tank war between a Swampert and Milotic.  Needless to say I lost but it was a very good match.  I'm sad I no longer have the log of it.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 09:49 »
Christmas in 1999 (I believe, could be wrong on year) and opening presents to realise we got Pokémon for Christmas. Dad gave us the wrong ones so we swapped but yeah, first playing Pokémon Red in pyjamas, proper Christmas style, after wanting it so much; nothing can replicate that feeling for me in terms of Pokémon.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:50 »
It's hard to narrow it down to just one memory after so many years of non-stop Pokemon. I honestly have to say that Emerald holds my favorite memories, so just... that. The entire Emerald Version. I miss the Battle Frontier. :(
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 11:17 »
there was something really lovely about the summer when i was 6, wherein my brother decided that rather than just giving me instructions for trading when he needed a pokemon evolved, he was going to let me play Silver through, and he curled up next to me on the  sofa and helped me when i got stuck

it spawned years of running about and pretending to be pokemon - which he has obviously grown out of now (i may or may not have)

thanks gl <3

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 12:04 »
Probably when I completed gold for the first time. I remember being off school because I was sick and I spent all day playing it. I was really stuck on the ice path but pokemon world had a walkthrough. I'd never played rby properly at that point so seeing Kanto was just so cool. Used to use cheat cartridges as well, teaching my machoke bubblebeam was so funny.
My favourite time was when r/s came out. I was all excited to go to Woolworths at like 9.30am to buy Sapphire. It was the first generation that I was properly excited for. Seeing all the new pokemon and the graphics was just amazing <3 Spent a whole lazy summer week playing it with my best friend and he got ruby shortly after. Being 9 was the best :')

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 15:56 »
Mine was beating black, the first video game I ever beat.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 17:59 »
I was all excited to go to Woolworths at like 9.30am to buy Sapphire.

RIP Woolworths.

My greatest memory?

I have so many to pick a best it's really hard.

- Playing for the first time and struggling how to get out of the house.
- Picking Totodile for the first time and having no idea how to save the first few tries.
- Raising a Crobat to Level 100, the very first mon.
- Being 11 with my friend called Joe playing Pokemon constantly. Pretending to be an Anorith in a tent comes to mind...
- Going to Pokemon Events and meeting many PKMN.Net members has always been pretty cool. My first member I met was Emma and the latest member is Dick.
- The DP Wi-fi buzz was incredible and I am so happy to be a part of it haha.
- Doing the streams with you guys have been amazing. I love the moment Oshawott instantly died.
- Doing the Emerald LP with Dick was incredibly fun. IT'S NOT A BIRD. And Drake being replaced by a boat are some highlights.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 23:42 »
My fondest memory was when I got my first legitimate Lv. 100, a Swampert with a Quiet Nature.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 06:15 »
Best for me are finding many Pikachu using DexNav to get a Light Ball and Pikachu with Egg moves including Thunder Punch and Wish, raising my VERY first Pokemon to Lv 100 without Action Replay in X, getting Rayquaza after only two Ultra Balls, finding my Shiny Vanilluxe as a Vanillish in Frost Caver literally in the middle of a Hoarde, being literally ambushed by my Shiny Durant Ambush who randomly popped out of a bush in X (completely me threw me off guard as I was not expecting it!), and destroying half the Gym Leaders in OR using a Boomburst Chatot. Two of them never even got to attack me.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 23:46 »
Catching Groudon with a Pokeball at full health....it shouldn't have been possible but it happened. That will always be in my memories as the luckiest moment of being a Pokemon Trainer.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 01:55 »
Playing Pokemon back when it was super popular has to be the best memory, I feel bad for any younger fans of Pokemon that never got to experience it properly. Everyone in the playground playing Pokemon, Pokemon all over TV, Pokemon cereals and shaped pasta, Pokemon promotions at McDonalds and Burger King, the Pokemon movie being the huge thing and of course the cards, the TCG was everywhere - it was practically currency. I remember finding a Magmar card in a lift in Waterstones and I thought that was insane (The same thing happened to me near that same Waterstones nearly 10 years later with an Electabuzz card). Energy cards were everywhere and I remember genuinely thinking that because Pokemon was such a big thing that the school system was going to be scrapped in favour of Pokemon.

In terms of the game, Kanto opening up in G/S was huge to me. I'd heard a few rumours that it happened when you defeated the E4 but didn't really have any way of confirming it. I never paid attention to the map or even the NPC who mentions Kanto, I just thought it was just a reference. I remember defeating the E4 on a Saturday morning after SM:TV live and having my mind blown when the whole of Kanto was unlocked. Then later on I saw the Clefairy dance around the moon stone and it was amazing.

Also listening to the lucky number show in G/S and uncovering some text that I have never heard anyone else mention, was never able to replicate and questioned my sanity for years until I got a copy of all the in-game text and confirmed it was there.

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 22:39 »
Another memory for me is the time I finally beat a Pokemon game with a themed team (specifically, B2 with Team Fortress 2).

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 01:05 »
broe... back when life was Simpler me and my sister would throw blankets over these two armchairs we had in the living room and slide our pokemon figures down it like they were at a ski lodge, and wed always do this around 8pm which is when my dad got home and hed sometimes bring us pokemon cards in or straight up more figures and we had so many pokemon figures and cards from when hed just take trips to woolworths on the way home and buy us them

and wed stay out in the garden and build like... little houses for bugs out of stones and leaves and grass and wed play with the figures again and have them play out little plots we made up and theyd have little homes and stuff. and wed stay out until it got super dark just playing with these pokemon figures just me my sister and my best friend (whos since stopped speaking to me lol...)

and wed go in and watch vhs recordings of pokemon episodes and we loved the one where pikachu gets sick in the power plant and the one where they need to help raichus owner befriend it on the boat with all the acting pokemon... my gran would record the episodes then label them like "pokeyman" and "pokemens" and stuff she couldnt figure out "pokemon" lmao

and wed play the games on my porch once again me my sister and my friend and wed never go too far compared to each other like wed all make sure we were at the same gym before continuing to get the badge and we lived across the road from each other so when frlg came out with the wireless adapter wed go inside when it got too late then stay up later playing through wireless and wed always get balls deep in trouble for it but we did it every night

i think the ski lodge and the figurines are the ones i remember most. usually nostalgia just makes me outright miserable but man just remembering how happy i was to get my hands on new figures and give them personalities and stuff just to play on this sheet thrown over two chairs. makes me feel all Warm And Fuzzy. i want the excitement that came with playing games with other people back. i tried again with oras, but i never even got to the 7th gym in those games and i was playing with my friend in america. just wasnt the same.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 14:59 »
Completing Pokemon X for the first time, it only took me 24 hours and 36 minutes in-game time.
I completed Pokemon Crystal ages ago too, but it took me like a year to do it!

I really want to complete Pokemon X again.

Not technically a Pokemon memory, but I've found and caught a few shinies with the Minecraft Pixelmon mod before.