Author Topic: [AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]  (Read 16253 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: [AD] [PA] Dreaming in the Past [F] [PW]
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 12:17 »
Anna looked at Jamie, who didn't look as if he'd been listening to the conversation and was, in fact, combing through his hair. She sighed internally and whispered "Are you kidding me? This guy just said that if we die here, we die for real and you're sat there styling your hair?" But Jamie didn't so much as look up. There was a gap in the conversation in which Anna had subconsciously noted that people were introducing themselves.
"My name is Anna," She said quietly. She spoke up. "My name is Anna and I have a bow, so I guess that makes me an archer. This" She gestured to Jamie "is my brother Jamie. I think he's some type of rogue or thief or something."
"All you need to know is that I'm the devilishly handsome one." Jamie said, with a flicker of a smile to which his sister rolled her eyes.
Anna let out a small laugh and looked at the group. As far as she could tell, they were a pretty well rounded bunch, a number of girls as well as boys of all sizes and, she assumed, at least one of each class - though she knew very little about video game classes.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 14:00 »
"So we've got a viking,"
"Oi! I'm not a german pirate!" Chris said with a halfhearted glare.
Andy continued as if she hadn't heard, "A healer, some kind of dragon slayer? A mixed melee and healer type, a nature mage, a walking ego with knives, and two archers. And some kind of unknown? Seems balanced, I guess?" Andy shrugged,  looking at each party member as she mentioned their classes. Mira she gave a quizzical look to, unsure of the other girl.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 15:16 »
"Oh, umm, I'm a mage, I guess," Mira said, now realizing she never mentioned her actual class. "Sorry about that, I guess 'person with dragon' doesn't really indicate any actual class. Although, considering I literally have no idea how magic works, I probably won't be much more useful than just a 'person with dragon', not for a while at least."

Fay, meanwhile, decided to get to know her fellow healer. "Hey," she greeted, "Leo, right? So, you're also a healer?"
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 17:32 »
To Leo, the group seemed pretty interesting so far. He had to bite back the urge to correct the one girl who thought Vikings were German pirates, although he did snicker at the walking ego comment. Sounds like a friend of mine at home. "Hey, Leo, right? So, you're also a healer?" the words rang in his ears. "Yes, and whoever picked our classes decided that I can swing an ax as well. I'm lucky to be able to lift the bloody thing to be honest. Not sure how the staffs or staves or whatever they're called work. I'm thinking they'll heal magically or something, but they gave us, or at least me, first-aid stuff as well. So i'm not sure here." Leo replies
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:34 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 17:19 »
Chris looked over the group,  then meandered over to the two healers. "Look, I wanted to apologize for putting you guys on the spot. I'll make every effort to not put more of a burden on your shoulders than is already there." She said, hoping that Fay and Leo wouldn't mind the interruption.

Andy meanwhile, was partially considering going over to the other archer (Anna she reminded herself) but ended up deciding against it. The last thing she wanted to do was alienate the other girl. Absently, she started to beat out a rhythm on her leg, watching the rest of the group with blatant curiousity.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2015, 17:59 »
((^I dunno why, I just keep imagining your character as Markiplier. I have no clue why, I just am.))
((Who says I'm not Markipiler?))

((I'm going to take some creative liberty in how we learn our skills if'n you don't mind. I figure we can all have unique ways to learn new abilities, but if there is to be some general method then I'll change my post accordingly.))

"Two archers. Gah. Okay, okay. Um…Anna Archer? Archer Anna. That's better. And the other one. Ah…what was i–Ashley? Andy! Archer Andy. It'll have to do. The mage. Mira. Mage Mira. ¡Mira esto! Yo soy un mago. Yeah. Sure. Why are there so many people?! Theo…er, Theo-nly magic she has is natural magic. Hehe. Nature's theo-nly one for her. Okay. Jasper the bear. That…certainly a name. Jamie. Jamie is the guy that can't keep his hands off himself. Uh, let's get back to that."

"Seems likely that they'd give us instructions or some sort of training so we're not just running out there and hoping for the best, right?" Mocedad suggested with a light chuckle. He took his pouch off and opened it up. While searching through his bag, he continued: "Scrolls for the spellcasters, materials for the fighters, maybe directions on how to use our abilities?" There was a map, some basic supplies (a few bottles of a mysterious red liquid the Dragoon figured was a Health Potion, and some other assorted goodies), and a tome of some sort with the Highwind Order symbol on it that Mocedad figured was an instruction manual. Opening it and checking the first few pages confirmed his suspicions: there were hints as to how a Dragoon could unlock the "Dragonkind abilities" that the woman in charge of the Order he was apparently joining told him about.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2015, 18:31 »
((Maybe.....and I encourage people to add to it, since i'm half making it up as I go. Let's just hope Markiplier over there finds a way to remember Leo, since his class doesn't match up with his name for an alliteration, and I can't think of a pun))

"No no, we all probably needed to introduce ourselves either way." Leo replies to Chris, "We need to know what we're weak in or strong against, or who to keep a closer eye on." He said that with a faint, almost unrecognizable edge. "Like I said, kinda curious to why we have physical healing supplies as well as a magic staff." Mocedad then posed question, to which Leo replied. "Actually, that's probably what they expected, to start right away and just rain on the way. Speaking of which, who's leading this whole thing, because it's not me." he digs through his bag, which had a few informational scrolls, everything that the knight had said and a small package, with a good luck message from his class master. "Wow, my class master is a lot like my mom, nice, but a little overbearing. I wonder what's in it. Should I?"

((I'll leave it there and decide what's in it for my next post. I'm thinking some sort of sweets or whatever.))

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2015, 20:10 »
Fay turned her attention to Chris, "Hey, don't worry about it. I mean, healing people is going to be my job, right? Besides, if you're on at the front, you'll be keeping me from getting hit, right? I doesn't look like I'll be able to do much in the way of fighting, so pretty much everyone else, including you, is going to have to do that. The least I can do is keep everyone alive, right? Seems fair enough." She noticed Leo looking through his bag and decided to follow his lead, "Well, might be a good time to get acquainted with our supplies." She opened her bag and started digging through it. "Oh, what's this?" she pulled out a loosely bound tome and flipped it open, "looks like some kind of instruction manual. Well, that should be a huge help." Digging a little more, she found a  couple pieces of metal. She looked through the instructions to see if it said anything about this. "So, these are some kind of magic barrier?" She gave the metal coins a small toss. They suddenly began to move seemingly of their own accord, separating to a certain distance and a blue, translucent barrier forming, just high and wide enough to shield one person. "It worked!" she excitedly proclaimed, then grabbed the coins from the air, causing the barrier to dissipate. She stored them in an easy to reach pocket of her bag before going back to rummaging through it. She found some basic medical supplies, as well as a few empty containers, probably to store anything useful they may find, and a wand, which she also decided to keep in easy reach. She closed her bag and turned her attention back to Leo and Chris. "Well, nothing in there but the basics, I guess. What about you guys? Get anything interesting?"

Mira stepped away from the group. She wanted to see if she could figure out her new magic abilities, but didn't want to risk hurting anyone. She opened her bag and found a few scrolls detailing how to perform basic spells. She tried one out, one which created a strong gust of wind, since it seemed the least dangerous. It worked fairly well, if Jeon's happy chirping was any indicator. Mira tried out a couple more, then rolled the scrolls back up and placed them back in the bag. She closed the bag and looked around to see what everyone else was doing, but decided not to bother anyone quite yet. She strolled over to a nearby stone wall and sat down. Jeon jumped down off her shoulder and she absentmindedly began petting the dragon as she watched the group.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 01:09 »
Chris shrugged the pack off of her shoulders, undoing the toggles quickly. "Hrm. Bandages, whetstone. Flint and steel, this feels like trail rations. And some kind of  'Swordsman's Manual' it looks like it says." Chris mused, pulling out the book in question. Sitting in the bottom of the bag was a scroll in a case, but when Chris tried to open it, the case didn't budge.

Seeing that other people had started having a proper look through their packs, Andy did the same. She wasn't worried about the bow, not when her dad had been having her use one since she could draw the small hunting bow he'd given her as a kid. The knives however...
"Hrm. Spare bowstring, beeswax, whetstone. Sewing kit, pot of some kind of salve..." At this point, she'd pulled out the small pot and stuck her finger in the green goop, raising the finger to her nose. Her face squinched at the bitter herbal smell. She replaced the salve, and continued her inventory. "Resin glue, some fletching grade feathers. Roll of canvas, some rope... Ah." At this, Andy pulled out a sheaf of parchment, reading it quickly. Clearly her class master had known he wouldn't have very much time, do had tried to give her thorough notes.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 01:52 »
Watching the other teens milling around, talking and searching through their packs was, in a way l, entertaining to Jamie. He could see that everyone was a little lost and confused and there was no drive in any of these people to complete their quest and leave the dream. Jamie was quite surprised that some of the other teens seemed to have no idea what they were doing with themselves - surely the clerics and healers would have some experience with first aid or Saint John's Ambulance or something. The rest of them were in luck though, because Jamie (and, he guessed that he could also include Anna, at a stretch), knew exactly how to steal things.
"Let's just get our heads down, shall we?" Jamie said, standing up. He had no particular want or need to learn any names - he was here to do some stupid quest and then wake up and sort out that stupid shopkeeper.
"Our quest is to steal something or other from a heavily guarded place, which is kinda my thing anyway. I don't think anyone would have been given a class or" he looked around "... A dragon... If the people in this dream thing didn't think we could handle it. Can't we just go already?"
Anna was giving him her 'shut-up-you-stupid-show-off, you-may-be-cool-but-you're-still-my-baby-brother' look.
"Actually, William Wallace, I'd quite like a minute to make sure I can actually shoot an arrow, and I'd like to get to know the other archer... Andy?? Don't just assume everyone will listen to you because you look like some omen of death and you have more charisma than the entire House of Commons put together."
Jamie could have argued with Anna all day but that also would have been a waste of time. He went and sat back where he was, picking dirt that had somehow managed to lodge itself under his fingernails.
He was wearing his baby-brother pout which made Anna smile.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2015, 14:44 »
Andy heard her name, and put the parchment pages back in the bag. She felt a leather roll as she did, and she had a sneaking suspicion what was inside it. Time enough to sort that out later. She wandered over to Anna, pretty sure that the other archer had been the one to say her name, and nodded acknowledgement, pointedly ignoring Jamie.
"Nice to meet you Anna." Andy said, mildly uncertainly.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 01:46 »
Leo opens the small package while everyone else milled about, and the long black haired kid who thought he was James Bond tried to take over, and it was basically what he didn't expect. It was what looked like some sort of candy. No one saw it. The elf-eared youth tried a little bit, Hey..... this is actually pretty good. I'll just stash this for later.... and put it to the side, wrapping it up. Also in there were supplies to sharpen his ax and a curious scroll, which he had 2 others of. Leo reads through it, it was a spell to repair broken equipment, and each scroll had one charge before it would disintegrate. Looking at his ax, it seemed to be a bit broken. "Weird." he mutters to himself "It's almost like she planned this." Leo reads through the spell and then gets his staff. He follows the directions and a light trails from the orb on his staff to the ax, making it look almost new. "Wow. When it said like new, they meant it." he says to himself. The boy picks up the scroll, only for it to crumble in his hands and the dust to blow away. Leo stares, wide-eyed. "Mmmmmkay then. That's enough of that." He puts his staff and newly repaired ax away, then continues to dig through his pack, finding nothing else really interesting.

Am I on drugs or something? I'm playing football and after getting decked I wake up in medieval times, have weaponry shoved into my hands and then told if I die now i'm done for good? What is this? Some sort of crazy fever dream? Maybe I can wake up from this.... Leo closes his eyes and concentrates hard. He sits there for a few good minutes, trying to leave, but he soon gives up. It's pointless trying. These people also don't seem to know what they're doing. Then again, neither do I. Unless someone takes charge. Then the rogue goes on his mini rant, only to be shot down by his sister. Scratch that, anyone but him take charge. I won't do it, i'm a horrible leader, but he's likely worse than I am. He'll get us all killed the way he's acting. Leo then shouted back at Jaime, "By the way, we're told to destroy it, not steal it!"

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 10:33 »
Noticing that there didn't seem to be anyone willing to move forward as yet, Chris nodded to the two clerics, and began to move around the group,  passing roughly the same message around the group. "Check your kit, finish any introductions you need to. We'll head out as soon as everyone's ready."

She finished her circuit of the group back at Leo and Fay. "Hope you guys don't mind that I've done the head off call."

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 16:40 »
Fay looked at Leo, then back to Chris, "I don't mind, whatever gets us moving. I just hope we're all ready for whatever may happen."

Mira hopped off the wall she was sitting on and walked over to the group where the two healers and the the one who had seemed to have taken charge, Chris, were. Jeon followed quickly behind her, landing on Mira's head then jumping down to her shoulder once she stopped. "Well, I'm ready whenever," she said, standing a little ways away from the group so as not to intrude too much.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 17:03 »
((More italic thoughts incoming! BTW, I keep spelling Jamie like Jaime. So bear with me on this as I try to correct it.))

Hearing Chris' orders, he nods, showing that he was listening. Chris? The leader? She seems able and willing, and a whole lot more sane than that other guy. What was his name? Right, Jamie. She's stronger and seems more trustworthy. Jamie would probably steal from us as soon as we turn our backs and take off. Mocedad was it? The dragoon, Mocedad, right. Mocedad seems a little better after his suggesting to search our packs. He may know some things. Anna and Andy are Archers, but Andy also can fight close range, so this should be fun. Anna will probably help keep our rogue in line. Meanwhile, Chris seems like a strong stereotypical lead, the warrior type. She should lead. Maybe I can be towards the front, giving advice and stuff. Theo is a nature mage? Druid is what it's called? Fay is a fellow healer, so I should befriend her. Mira the Mage? Easy to remember, then Jasper the bear is Theo's and Jeon the Dragon is Mira's

Leo walks over to Chris and once he has her attention, he tells her. "Real quick, back home, I have a huge interest in this kind of stuff in video games, books and stuff like that. So if advice is needed, I might have a few suggestions. Just so you know. I won't lead this whole thing, god knows how horrid of a leader I am. So you'll probably be better for that, but I can help out if you need it. I'll be packing everything up if you need me." Without waiting for an answer, he walks back to where he and Fay, the other cleric seemed to be camped out and started packing up, taking in the beautiful flowers, the oranges, pinks, reds, purples, blues and whites among many other colors. The  journey would begin soon and he was taking in the last bit of beauty before the hell that would surely come.