Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380630 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #630 on: August 27, 2015, 19:06 »
A decent friend made a couple of  passive-aggressive tweets and hell I know that's it aimed at me. P-A tweets are like the worst to be on the end of.

The friend is having a bad day but those tweets make me not have any sympathy for them at all.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 27, 2015, 20:22 »
I'm completely naive to all this computer / tech stuff and I upgraded Windows 10 and I like it

it's weird how even just the smallest, innocuous things can cause you to reminisce about things and it just leaves you feeling just... low? Like, we were just discussing what to have for tea and just little mannerisms and stuff just left me like "damn"

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 28, 2015, 01:41 »
Yeah, same here. I really don't want anything to do with Windows 10, but I also don't really like iOS. I hate how they keep trying to get me to upgrade whenever I turn my freaking computer on. I hate how they say it's free but it's not really free it's just a pretty long free trial and then you have to start paying. IMO Windows 7 is still perfect, but that's just me...

yeah i really hope they dont EOL windows 7 any time soon? i'd suggest linux as a third way but ughhhhhhhhhhhhh never do a linux. not even once.

i mean they only just EOL'd XP a good year or so back and they're still having trouble shifting grandmas and town councils off XP so i think we're safe on w7 for a while??? (macs are probably just as bad but i just find the allure of a Pretty Linux that actually has development put into it too alluring right now cos i do love some parts of linux like the apt-get functions etc. gnome 3 = least terrible linux)

p.s. any windows 7/8 people dont install the (optional) KB3075249 and KB3080149 updates cos they patch in the telemetry/keylogging crap on w7/w8 and all

honestly didnt think they'd be breakin the One Good One Bad rule any time soon but welp here we are, they're doing the whole Facebook/Google thing SIGH. maybe this is just like when all us windows 98 users had to sit through windows 2000 and windows ME (anyone remember that? no ofc not cos it sucked so bad) until they finally released XP
           

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #633 on: August 28, 2015, 10:12 »
trouble shifting grandmas and town councils off XP

That's because Win XP had pinball and the workers need something to do because Facebook's blocked on the company internet.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2015, 21:19 »
Fostering kittens for the humane society. They're driving me nuts and i'm on the other side of the house.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2015, 03:51 »
im really easily replaced lol

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #636 on: August 29, 2015, 13:39 »
gotta love angry crying over so called friends :)
two of you have a legit excuse and that's cool but the rest are just being completely awkward t**ts!!!
i'm sick of trying all of the time and getting nothing in return it's so fun!!! I'm just a selfish person obviously for wanting to see people before I go and who I won't see until Christmas. *screams into void*
just going to drink with those who care tbh

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 29, 2015, 14:18 »
im really easily replaced lol
gotta love angry crying over so called friends :)
two of you have a legit excuse and that's cool but the rest are just being completely awkward t**ts!!!
i'm sick of trying all of the time and getting nothing in return it's so fun!!! I'm just a selfish person obviously for wanting to see people before I go and who I won't see until Christmas. *screams into void*
just going to drink with those who care tbh

Basically this at the moment
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 29, 2015, 14:18 »
That's because Win XP had pinball and the workers need something to do because Facebook's blocked on the company internet.

I still use Windows XP, I have a total of not one, not two, not three, but four programs that I use that don't work on Windows 7 but do work on Windows XP.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 29, 2015, 17:16 »
No friends = best friends ;P

Seriously, I hope those who are having friend troubles can find much better friends down the line :)

I don't like having to wait until September to find out what's happening with me going to sixth form. Cue a 'they said no so you'll have to go elsewhere' thing on the Friday before sixth form starts. I wouldn't be surprised seeing as how things have gone this year already, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope lol

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 29, 2015, 17:22 »
The $500 dollars we get towards the end of the month should've shown up by now but it hasn't, and the family is a really in a pinch right now.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 29, 2015, 17:38 »
 You guys are cool. I would buy you all a drink and then at about 2AM everyone will be crying because we're smashed, haven't quite got enough for a taxi, and it's raining.

I've got too much alcohol for tomorrow's party. My friend is stropping because he wasn't invited.

On the plus side, I've got toffee cider.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 29, 2015, 21:56 »
soft resetting to get something you want / working towards is incredibly frustrating

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 29, 2015, 22:11 »
soft resetting to get something you want / working towards is incredibly frustrating

Currently SRing for a shiny Treecko to play through with. 829 and counting.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 29, 2015, 22:20 »
im moving into school in 2 days and i'm a bit nervous because pretty much all my friends i made last year didn't like me when the year ended so i'm kinda in a tough spot as far as buddies go. i have a couple friends but even then the only things we really have in common (well, that i've learned so far) is DOTA. i've been told that i'm a likeable person but i'm just scared nobody will take my poor orphaned self into their friend group and i'll be spending the semester playing video games in my room waiting for italy to happen :(