Author Topic: Trouble loading the site  (Read 3500 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
Trouble loading the site
« on: July 11, 2012, 00:44 »
I've started having difficulty loading the site. I'll navigate to the forums and it'll take upwards to half an hour before anything appears (links, text, pictures, etc.). However, I can access other websites (Yahoo!, Google, and several others; many of which are more taxing than this site) without trouble. It takes many tries to not get a "server isn't responding" message from my browser and when I do manage to get to the site I usually can't see much of it for a very long time.
I've reset my modem, used different browsers (Safari and Chrome), and used different computers.
I'm wondering if this issue is only on my side or if anyone else is having this trouble.

Offline blake.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble loading the site
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:27 »
have you tried changing your dns setting? not sure, but it could be causing the problem, especially considering the use of other computers+resetting your modem

here is a guide if you're not familiar with the process.. try google's dns, which is 8.8.4.4

Trainer Dave

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 18:34 »
...you waited half an hour for it to load? =p

I doubt it'd be a DNS issue, although it might be worth trying. Perhaps it's something to do with your router if you have one? I'd also check any antivirus/firewall software you have isn't mistreating the site as dangerous or something.

Offline Ichigo Kurosaki

• Bankai!
  • Rex Fan
  • Tensa Zangetsu.
    • View Profile
    • AlwaysRPG
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 19:53 »
I have heard of a virus that some guys sent out to the globe. It affects the computers DNS settings or whatever. The news said that it would reroute the person to another site almost exactly the same and steal their login info.
Just an idea, though it might not be it at all. When I saw it I thought it might have been that.
Another thing could be a problem with your computer itself, or maybe the internet as a whole, not just a certain browser. It has happened to me before (but then my whole laptop crashed...) and that might be the problem. I'd run an antivirus check, just in case.
Or, it could be (if you use a router) a router, as said previously.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 21:34 »
If it was that virus, no, you wouldn't get anywhere.

This seems very unlikely to be a DNS problem, it wouldn't cause occasional slowdowns or trouble to connect.

I don't believe there's a problem with our connectivity at the moment - we've had a couple of issues before, but those seem mostly resolved now.

Are there particular times when this happens? That would help me track down to see where it might be going wrong.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 21:56 »
Well, I was having issues before (I believe on Tuesday). However, they seem to be gone now. I can access the site with as much ease as any other site.

I didn't change any of my settings, so that can't (or shouldn't) be it. Maybe it was just a hiccup in my internet preventing me from accessing a website based out of the country.

As for the DNS virus thing; I've run a couple scans using different programs (either those that came with the computer or those found on the website released by our government over here) and I'm clean. Couldn't be an issue for only my computer as I was able to access other sites and the problem wasn't exclusive to this computer (I used another one we have and my iPod).

As I mentioned, the issue is gone now, so it was likely my side. If the issue arises again, I'll be sure to take note of the time, my DNS, and maybe a few other random tidbits of information that might be helpful. Many thanks to those who offered advice.

Offline Catstorm

• *MEMERS 4EVER 2K14*\\HONORARY MEMBER//
  • Joeno Fan
  • ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43 »
This is what I have. It's still lingering. It only happens with one computer, though, and only on this site - I've used another in the same wireless network and the connectivity was perfect.
macaw5: *at a lunch table*.... I only have one question. Where did the table come from
i dont go on this site almost at all any more so feel free to check out my
tumblr, deviantart and
youtube