Author Topic: Team Building Q+A Thread  (Read 47070 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Building Q+A Thread
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2014, 23:50 »
Hey, is my Greninja setup half decent? It's Protean, with a modest nature, leftovers, Substitute, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Scald, with 252 SpATK, 252 SPE, and 4 SpDEF.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2014, 00:58 »
its pretty standard, I dont see why it wouldnt lol, take off lefties for life orb maybe if you want M0R D4M4G3 but its pretty fine

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2014, 08:25 »
Hey, is my Greninja setup half decent? It's Protean, with a modest nature, leftovers, Substitute, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Scald, with 252 SpATK, 252 SPE, and 4 SpDEF.

You're gonna want to switch to Timid nature and Life Orb. Hydro Pump > Scald; Greninja cannot afford to be defensive, it needs to be on the offensive. Finally, Substitute isn't a terrible choice for predicting switches, but it's generally better to have all offensive options, since any attacker in OU can easily break Greninja's Sub in one hit. Extrasensory is good here as a means of hitting Keldeo and Mega Venusaur, or switch to Hasty nature and go with U-Turn.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline THE ARBITER

• previously known as mycode1511111
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2014, 17:16 »
Yeah it's good for singles as it out speeds most and if you face another greninja with modest you could predict its first move and if you survive by some miracle counterstrike for the ko.
I like to run mine psychical in doubles with jolly rock slide.

but life orb is crucial to it's kit. 
my 3ds friend code 1891 1729 2600
pm me if you want me to add you

Offline Neotenens

• Dark-type Poet
  • Rob Fan
  • Happiness is for happy people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2014, 13:05 »
You're gonna want to switch to Timid nature and Life Orb. Hydro Pump > Scald; Greninja cannot afford to be defensive, it needs to be on the offensive. Finally, Substitute isn't a terrible choice for predicting switches, but it's generally better to have all offensive options, since any attacker in OU can easily break Greninja's Sub in one hit. Extrasensory is good here as a means of hitting Keldeo and Mega Venusaur, or switch to Hasty nature and go with U-Turn.

I think I'll keep the Modest nature, he has 31 in speed, so I don't nee any more, but the life orb is a good idea.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2014, 14:26 »
31 in Speed means nothing when you're being outsped by opposing Greninja as well as +Speed base 108's and higher (Terrakion, Keldeo, Infernape, Latios, Latias, Gengar, to name a few noteworthy Pokemon). Destiny Knot will pass 5 IVs down this gen, so it's assumed that all your Pokemon have 5 perfect IVs minimum unless they're running a specific Hidden Power.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Disney

• Pokemon Expert
  • Pokemon Fan
  • Pokemon is love, Pokemon is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2015, 03:33 »
Hi i wanted to ask for some advice. im playing crystal currently and i keep fainting against trainers that arent even in the gym. Ive been contemplating redoing the roster of my team and was wondering which pokemons should i use for my new team and if there are any awesome pokemon im missing out on . the pokemoni have right noew are a level 23 QuiLava , a level 11 bellsprout, a level 12 onix, a level 8 togepi,and a level 10 ditto i recently caught.  i have a level 10 gastly, a level 4 spinerak, a level 5 rattata,a level 6 zubat, a level 5 oddish, and a level 10 pineco. i have a wooper and a poliwag in the daycare to breed so i dont know there current levels. i know wooper is at like 13 and poliwag is at least 16 but im not certain on the exact level amount. .can you guys give me some advice on which 6 out of those pokemon i should have on my team.
Pokemon isn’t about tests, it’s about battles! hahahahahaha! – Ash Ketchum