Author Topic: The 8th Gym Leader  (Read 3165 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
The 8th Gym Leader
« on: July 11, 2014, 19:54 »
What do you reckon, will Wallace get his old gig back, or will Juan tell him to bugger off?  :laugh:

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: The 8th Gym Leader
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 19:57 »
I've been wondering about this. If Delta Emerald is released, then it'd be Wallace in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Juan in Delta Emerald.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 20:01 »
I'm hoping that if contests come back better than before then Wallace will be a Contest Master like in the anime and Juan will stay as gym leader. That probably won't happen though.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 02:55 »
What is they do a Dreyden/Iris on us and one is Leader in OR and the other is in AS? It was an interesting concept in the first gen 5 games and version differences other than catchable Pokemon made getting both versions worth it to see all the differences in the games.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 14:18 »
I've been wondering about this. If Delta Emerald is released, then it'd be Wallace in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Juan in Delta Emerald.
This would mess up with the timeline though. OR/AS would be [insert number of years here] after R/S, so...it wouldn't be likely to change back to Wallace in OR/AS and then back to Juan again in Delta Emerald.

Also, Delta Emerald isn't official, it's merely something they registered as a trademark. It isn't a game, as of yet.

One can dream though...

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 14:28 »
This would mess up with the timeline though. OR/AS would be [insert number of years here] after R/S, so...it wouldn't be likely to change back to Wallace in OR/AS and then back to Juan again in Delta Emerald.

The producers have said it's a 'direct remake', so I'd have thought it'd be in the same time period as the original RS?

FRLG, for instance, took place at the same time as Red and Blue, otherwise your rival wouldn't be champion, Red/Lance would.

As for who would be eighth gym leader? Wallace, I'd say, without a doubt. It's a remake of RS, so Steven will be champion and Wallace eight gym leader. Ju an only takes Wallace's place because Wallace becomes champion, and Steven has been focused on a lot in leaks so he's probably champion.

DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 19:47 »
The producers have said it's a 'direct remake', so I'd have thought it'd be in the same time period as the original RS?

FRLG, for instance, took place at the same time as Red and Blue, otherwise your rival wouldn't be champion, Red/Lance would.

It can't be the same time period, due to the existence of the Mega Evolutions and Primal Kyogre/Groudon. There is also a new character called Aarune who teaches you about secret bases. The storyline would have to be changed quite substantially to account for all of these new things.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 20:09 »
It can't be the same time period, due to the existence of the Mega Evolutions and Primal Kyogre/Groudon. There is also a new character called Aarune who teaches you about secret bases. The storyline would have to be changed quite substantially to account for all of these new things.

In FRLG, the Sevii Islands were added, but it was still in the same time period. They can change storyline and it still be considered the same timezone. I mean, it's a bit ridiculous to assume that Groudon and Kyogre fight three times (RS, E, ORAS) in the space of a like a decade when they hadn't thought previously for millennia, isn't it?
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 21:08 »
As far as I am concerned, no information regarding the timeline has been provided.

(But, please, make a cool 8th leader)
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 21:11 »
^Or make each a version exclusive!

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 00:54 »
there will only be Juan 8th Gym Leader tbh

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 02:05 »
I still say they should be version exclusives. They basically have the same team with the only exceptions are Seaking and Milotic for Wallace and Crawdaunt and Kingdra for Juan. I mean even their Pokemon's levels were about the same.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 10:19 »
In FRLG, the Sevii Islands were added, but it was still in the same time period. They can change storyline and it still be considered the same timezone. I mean, it's a bit ridiculous to assume that Groudon and Kyogre fight three times (RS, E, ORAS) in the space of a like a decade when they hadn't thought previously for millennia, isn't it?

The Sevii Islands are just additions to the map and don't really impact the storyline in the same way as the new things in OR/AS. The discovery of Mega Evolutions, etc., would have to occur afterwards, though we don't know the exact amount of time that would have elapsed. It could be closer to a year than a decade, it's unwise to assume that the events occur at the same time as the release dates of the games.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 10:30 »
I think you are forgetting that we will have the same characters as the main protagonists. Therefore, I don't think the time-line changes.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 10:50 »
The Sevii Islands are just additions to the map and don't really impact the storyline in the same way as the new things in OR/AS. The discovery of Mega Evolutions, etc., would have to occur afterwards, though we don't know the exact amount of time that would have elapsed. It could be closer to a year than a decade, it's unwise to assume that the events occur at the same time as the release dates of the games.

I believe it was one of the developers that said this on their twitter:

OR/AS replaces R/S in the timeline, causing weird issues that we more or less have to ignore for the time being. The only way to really fix it would be to remake everything that came after OR/AS, and that's impractical, so... yeah. Plot holes galore. But it's pretty irrelevant in the whole scheme of things. Not like it's the Zelda timeline or anything. :P
Discord - richardblaziken