Author Topic: Do you know of any stop motion films/tv shows?  (Read 3049 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Do you know of any stop motion films/tv shows?
« on: February 02, 2019, 13:04 »
I'm working on an art project with my fiancé. We're going to create mini film sets, so we can recreate our favourite episodes of The Bill with stop motion. The project was originally my idea, but he asked me if he could help me with it.

I'm not sure if he has seen any stop motion films/tv shows though. Can anyone recommend any that we could watch together? The best idea is probably to watch 20 minute episodes of tv shows. To be honest, I don't think I've seen all that many stop motion films/tv shows myself, except for maybe Wallace and Gromit.

We're going to use people like this in our videos. I've even found various standard size toy cars on Amazon, but the cars are much smaller than the people. Would chroma keying work with stop motion to make everything look the right size if I add my props on different layers?

I've never heard of anyone doing stop motion with chroma keying before. Trying it myself will certainly be interesting!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know of any stop motion films/tv shows?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 22:14 »
I know of one show you could watch on YouTube. It is called Moral Orel. It is well animated and the models are pretty detailed for being clay models with fabric clothing.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 16:16 »
The Lego Movie (yes that's it's title) is mostly stop motion, but i'm not sure if it counts for your purposes.
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 00:49 »
Any stop motion is fine.

We're going to watch the tv shows/films properly, and then watch individual scenes a few frames at a time, so we can get a better idea of how stop motion animation is made.

How many movements per second should I do if I'm recording at 60fps? I want to make the movements as smooth as possible.