Author Topic: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]  (Read 26787 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Re: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]
« Reply #465 on: October 15, 2013, 22:11 »
"I'm sure there will, Matt, you sure you're up for it?" I say, condescendingly, but more of a taunt than actual patronisation.

"And Edan, we're all warlocks, how do you think we'd check for traps?" I enquire, rhetorically.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 15, 2013, 22:14 »
"Well, magic may get us caught, as exhibited with Chloe and Siofra's freak out." I imply, rather coldly.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

quack98

« Reply #467 on: October 15, 2013, 22:17 »
"The difference being, Siofra knew she was surrounded by warlocks, Chloe is a seasoned biomancer, ergo Siofra would have been aware of that possibility. Also, Biomancy is the easiest magic to detect, as it's on a person directly, whereas traps wouldn't necessarily need Biomancy" I state, annoyed at his cynicism

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2013, 22:20 »
"Hey, just saying." I say, putting my hands up. "Don't mind me, I'm just a country boy. I'll shut up now."

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 15, 2013, 22:21 »
I tense.  "That little incident had nothing to do with getting caught, Edan.  I can't believe you're as ignorant as she."  By my tone I make it clear that, as far as I'm concerned, the topic is closed for discussion.

"As for traps; we sense them.   There could be any form of trap linked to any of our affinities.  If we don't sense them, the only other ways are being light on your feet, or to set them off and try to survive.  Nikolai is correct; traps to do with biomancy are easily detectable, and they run the risk of ensnaring guards.  We'll more than likely run into fire or telekinetic 'bombs'.  Be careful; inanimate objects aren't restricted in kind like warlocks."

It isn't much farther before we're under the room.  I say to Matt, "And the locks will keep getting harder.  They'll be a lot more challenging than mortal locks, I'll tell you that."
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 15, 2013, 22:26 »
"Of course I'm up for it." He laughs. "Most non-magical things should be easy enough for me to get around, so long as we spot them first and I know the locks will get harder, what would be the point if they weren't."

quack98

« Reply #471 on: October 15, 2013, 22:26 »
"Should be quite a nice scale for you though, Matt, it'll start with generic locks but by the rooms in the magical department... Well..."

I pull out a necklace from my pocket, and on it is a little charm that's sort of two pyramids base to base, it's fairly large for a charm.

"Magically locked, one of the best, I've spent many years gradually building the charms on this, even I can't undo it. So, try it, I need what's inside anyway. Just work on it as we go, if you'd like" I say, tossing it up in the air

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 15, 2013, 22:26 »
I don't answer, I just stand by, letting the insults wash over me.

//I'll make her look ignorant after I find out what she's hiding.//

I consider alerting the authorities, but then I'd look like a goody-good-for-nothing, which would get me killed.

//I wish that someone would put her in her place. Guess that's my job.//

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 15, 2013, 22:35 »
"We're here."  I stop and look up.  Nothing has changed in the ground; the guards are staying within range of the main entrance, and nothing has moved in the office.

"If you would all keep your arms and legs close to your bodies, I'll lift us up."  A neat hole slowly shifts into the ground, casting the bright glow of fluorescent lights on us.  Beneath our feet I make the earth rise, slowly lifting us up through the hole and out of the tunnel.  The ground rights itself seamlessly once more.

We are in a room that seems to double as an office and a storeroom.  There are a couple of desks, shelves and several boxes here and there.  It doesn't look like much.  Then again, it isn't exactly meant for public show.
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

quack98

« Reply #474 on: October 15, 2013, 22:50 »
I observe my surroundings, the room is a crisp white colour, with many wooden desks in a faded white colour, there are boxes piled high, presumably with artefacts in.
"Can you tell us what we're getting yet? Or at least where we are going?" I ask, hoping I might actually get somewhere this time.

I walk over to a pile of boxes, and take the second box down, I open it up and pull out a map of the storage area, I hand this to Siofra.

"Helpful, no?"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2013, 22:58 »
I simply stand by, doing as told.

((I know it's a waste of time, sue me, I have nothing to say.))

Wolstenholme

« Reply #476 on: October 16, 2013, 22:18 »
My sleep is far from dreamless. I dream that I am walking down a street in Equinox, I know it is Equinox because of the typical townhouse buildings that can be found in Equinox, but it is not a street I know. There are shops on one side and houses on the other but at the end of the street there is a huge building that looms over the whole city. The building does not look like the others, it is old and intimidating, painted an indigo colour and made out of wood. It looked as if it would be full of spiders and ghosts and if you pushed it, it would fall over. I am walking towards the building and with every step my fear grows. This is a dream. I tell myself repeatedly. You can't use magic here. My brain will not shut up - it chimes on and on. I want to turn and run but I can't. I am stuck walking hopelessly towards this building.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 16, 2013, 23:40 »
((Are you referencing Dahl?))

I'm standing there, considering what I've taken in, especially the insults of my ignorance.

//Hey, I don't know all this!//

Then, my mind shifts, all I see is gray, burned trees and burnt landscapes. Many singed bodies lay before me, all moaning for help. I'm the one who did this, I know it. Then, I see my old master, laughing and sucking the remaining life forces. "I knew you'd succumb to the power!" he says, "Now, about your energy, when I have it, I'll be the most powerful warlock of all time!". I yell back, "You're crazy!". The necromancer scowls, "Fine, I'll just take it from you!" A black energy comes forth from him to me. It consumes me. I scream. My body burns like nothing I've ever felt. What it would look like in real life is me, going stiff, silent, wide eyed with fear and in horror.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #478 on: October 17, 2013, 00:32 »
((Nope. It's sort of a reference to Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom in the way that I'm finding a house that I've never seen before but this was just a load of drivel that my brain spouted when I started typing!))

I'm magnetised to this... House against my will, through the front gates and up a long, wide cobble-stone drive that winds up to the indigo building, as I draw near to the house I getwarmer and the weather in the dream changes to a raging hurricane in which the house is the only building that remains intact. I cannot feel the wind of the hurricane and am not affected by it. I see the wind and feel the sense of wrongness about this house. //My arms. Can I move them? Can I pinch myself? // I try deperately to move my arms but no go. I see that the only way to get out of this dream will be to see it out. See it out or kill myself within it. I try to close my eyes so I can't see the dream.... And wake up.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 17, 2013, 00:53 »
((Oh. Well It seemed like it))

The scene shifts. Now it in a dark woods, where I was trained as a necromancer. I see my past self, and my master. I watch in horror as my past self is beaten for messing up, well, anything.

"Helpful, no?" I hear Nikolai say from the real world.

His voice fades, it goes to a black nothingness. Suddenly I hear a voice ((Much like the divination professor from Harry Potter))  . The voice says, "There is a prophecy, a time of great importance comes! Sun and moon will meet again, they will do battle, and shake the City's very core. " ((Sue me, I'm not cryptic)) The voice fades again, and both scenes play again, in much more horrified details. I feel my mortal body stiffen even further. My mind yearns to scream, but I'd surely get myself killed.

My mind shifts again.

I'm in the city, running. A mysterious figure aims a bolt of black energy at me, it hits a rat, instantly killing it. Horrified, I run faster. I trip and stumble. The mysterious figure laughs maliciously and turns to me. "Where's are you little friends now?" it says mockingly. "Now, I will kill you, just as I did to your parents!" I see a white light, but I know I'm not dead, yet, I'm not entirely alive. My spirit is in a realm of it's own....