Author Topic: Pokemon you have been hunting for a LONG time....  (Read 1469 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Is the a pokemon you've been looking for for a long time? What is it?

For me, I was searching for Latios for a few days without any luck. It got to the point where I could take it NO LONGER so I used cheat codes to get a Latios (didn't want to have to)
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon you have been hunting for a LONG time....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 15:40 »
Most of mine are the Mythical Pokemon but since GF is releasing them all this year with the exception of Deoxys and Diancie, I finally can have Darkrai, Mew, and Shaymin. Manaphy I sort of have because the Pearl game I bought had a legit unhatched Manaphy Egg on it. It is legit because it is dated around 2010.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 00:54 »
Thinking about it, Ho-Oh probably comes under this for me. When I was a kid I had Silver, and I bought soulsilver when it came out, so I've never actually had the change to catch one in-game. I had one I got from an event once, but I traded that to someone years ago because it was the last pokemon they needed to complete the national dex, and I didn't care about any of that stuff back then.

So yeah, unless I drop money on heartgold, I'm not sure how I'll ever get one of those again.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:40 »
You can get Ho-oh in SS. You just need to get to Pewter City and talk to an old man. He will give you the Rainbow Wing and you can get Ho-oh which will be Lv 70. Having the Magnet Train Pass helps out greatly. You never knew about this? Did you not do the post story? The mascots of HGSS were never game exclusive until ORAS.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 14:56 »
Shiny Gogoat. Like seriously I've been in this friend safari for a week.

Needs more Gengar

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 19:28 »
You can get Ho-oh in SS. You just need to get to Pewter City and talk to an old man. He will give you the Rainbow Wing and you can get Ho-oh which will be Lv 70. Having the Magnet Train Pass helps out greatly. You never knew about this? Did you not do the post story? The mascots of HGSS were never game exclusive until ORAS.

Wait, really? I honestly had no idea. Tbh, I wasn't really that into ss, so I kind of just assumed they were version exclusive. Ah well, I'll get it at some point then, but probably not for a while. I'm half way through a nuzlocke at the moment, so I'll have to get to the end of that first.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 15:05 »
Wait, really? I honestly had no idea. Tbh, I wasn't really that into ss, so I kind of just assumed they were version exclusive. Ah well, I'll get it at some point then, but probably not for a while. I'm half way through a nuzlocke at the moment, so I'll have to get to the end of that first.

Yep. The legendary mascots of GS and HGSS are available in both versions. The difference is that you get the cover Pokemon earlier than its counterpart. Mascot exclusives started in Gen 3. It's just really surprising that you never knew this after so many years. The Internet has guides on the Kanto post game of GS and HGSS.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 15:58 »
Though it's only been ten minutes I've been wanting one of these, it feels like ages! I want a kangaskhan! I looked in the safari zone. No kangaskhan. But I found a doduo! :)

EDIT: Yay! Found a kangaskhan!

Damn! It ran away from me! :‘(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 16:08 by The name master »
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline DisturbedHaxorus

• Holder of all Knowledge
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stop pulling on my leash, you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 16:40 »
For some reason, Suicune. It's the only legendary from the first three gens that I've never actually owned. Oh, wait, there's also that elusive event-only son of a female houndoom...JIRACHI.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

-"The name's Hax...DisHax."

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 16:51 »
took an hour of constant dexnav to get shellos in OR... which i literally only wanted because of the dex entry

DisturbedHaxorus, i can trade you both of those for dex entry right now if you want if you trade back. im online right this second. do you have raikou?

EDIT: if anyone has heatran, Regigigas, Tornadus, Thundurus, or Landorus id love to dex trade you if you trade back
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 16:53 by Poison2007 »

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 16:56 »
I'm trying to hatch a 4-5 IV switcharoo impish klefki but I haven't booted up the game in a while so i'm just here.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 17:18 »
took an hour of constant dexnav to get shellos in OR... which i literally only wanted because of the dex entry

DisturbedHaxorus, i can trade you both of those for dex entry right now if you want if you trade back. im online right this second. do you have raikou?

EDIT: if anyone has heatran, Regigigas, Tornadus, Thundurus, or Landorus id love to dex trade you if you trade back

I have Heatran and the Tao trio. I have to see which game they are on but I can do a trade back with you.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 23:36 »
Yep. The legendary mascots of GS and HGSS are available in both versions. The difference is that you get the cover Pokemon earlier than its counterpart. Mascot exclusives started in Gen 3. It's just really surprising that you never knew this after so many years. The Internet has guides on the Kanto post game of GS and HGSS.

Yeah, I honestly don't even know how that bit of knowledge escaped me. I guess it's because, even though I owned the older games, I didn't really start getting into pokemon till gen 3. Ah well, the more you know.

Anyway, I guess I've also been searching for the treecko line. I know it's really easy to get a treecko, but the other two starters are so much better that I can't help but pick one of them instead every time. Maybe I should try getting one via the gts...