Author Topic: What do you think of Smash 4?  (Read 13728 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: What do you think of Smash 4?
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2015, 22:42 »
They're opinions based on bad information/conclusions in the first place.  This is a nintendo fighter first, and anything non-nintendo is a glorified cameo.  Having more cameos means that you need a lot more nintendo characters to compensate.

We got Ryu alongside three DLC nintendo characters, for reference.  That makes only 3 non-nintendo characters in a cast of around 56.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2015, 23:54 »
Honestly, I think there's one a few reasons why they even put non-nintendo characters in. Money, popularity, and the fact that they can only put so many characters from nintendo in before they run out. From the looks of it, the latter won't happen make daisy a playable character 2015. Besides for more pokemon or FE characters, I can't really think of anything. So they've got to have something up their sleeves. There will be more nintendo characters, I know that's for sure. Just watch it be splatoon.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2015, 03:04 »
make that 4 non nintendo characters!! cloud is here boi

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2015, 03:14 »
Now will you people just admit that Goku could possibly be included in the future and stop calling me a troll for it and saying it's "a stupid" idea?! I seem to recall that I said Cloud should be in and now he is and that makes TWO characters I suggested that got in even though people tried to make me feel stupid for wanting them to be included. I'm looking at YOU Lord Raven....
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2015, 06:43 »
I'm not going to dismiss the idea now but you don't need to be a dick and rub it in.

Especially since Cloud was surprising as hell to like 99.9% of the people who saw the thing and I don't know how I feel about it myself.  Nothing about the FF7 compilation has come out for nintendo in any way, shape, or form.  You can't just call us crazy for an idea that was crazy as hell to begin with.

I figured that the myriad of other FF Nintendo characters would be in the game before Cloud and I guess I am wrong.  But how about instead of being spiteful you look back and understand why we dismissed the idea in the first place instead of being trapped in your own little world?

EDIT:  I would like to add that nobody was mocking you.  They were simply dismissing of the idea for good reason.  There is a significant difference.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:48 by Lord Raven »

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2015, 12:07 »
nice i bought Smash 4 as soon as I saw Cloud's character model I'm stoked what a day boys
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2015, 22:35 »
Bayonetta is in smash. I repeat. Bayonetta is in smash. This is not a drill.

And in other news, Cloud is released today and Corrin from the new Fire Emblem game is being released in February.

I want the lot.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 22:41 by Breaking Blaziken »

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2015, 22:41 »
I am totally not salty about yet another Fire Emblem character when Geno is reduced to a Mii Fighter costume. I'm not upset at all.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2015, 22:45 »
My suggestion is a mii costume too. They're using Corrin to promote the new game mainly, I would've rather had someone new (no, not shovel knight. too many shovel knight fans at my school). Geno would've been cool as a character imo.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2015, 22:51 »
I am totally not salty about yet another Fire Emblem character when Geno is reduced to a Mii Fighter costume. I'm not upset at all.
one is advertising for a game that is coming out in february, ie more relevant

one is for like a 20 year old game for some dude that was in basically licensing hell for 12 years and most people buying it won't care for geno.  in fact geno wouldn't even be bought, so relegating him to a mii costume would include him in the game without having to use the necessary resources

i don't care for geno either so I'm glad someone else got in.  having that said, since i'm a snob, i wanted ephraim or something or maybe even like wolf but whatever, i'm not about to complain about more characters in a smash game especially when one is Cloud Freaking Strife and the other one has a chainsaw for a sword.  and the other is bayonetta

personally i wanted simon belmont or snake back but the issue is that konami can eat a ripe turd due to their treatment of their previously stellar franchises
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 22:53 by Lord Raven »

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2015, 23:01 »
I didn't think Bayonetta would get in because of her......interesting choice of attire for the most part in her games, but looks like Nintendo found a way to solve that problem.

The people who wanted SK are now going to retreat to the depths of the internet to sulk. It makes sense that SK didn't make it because it's an indie game and I don't think Nintendo has ties with the developers of said game.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2015, 23:21 »
I didn't think Bayonetta would get in because of her......interesting choice of attire for the most part in her games, but looks like Nintendo found a way to solve that problem.
You're allowed to say it, although the only thing really suggestive about it is the back and I guess that it's tight.  But Bayonetta has been fairly popular on the wiiu and it's not like it's an M rated game being put into a T rated game.

I mean we could basically see the crack of Snake's ass in Brawl but nobody was surprised when he was included.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2015, 23:46 »
I'll give you that. I can't wait to try the new characters.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2015, 21:29 »
Gonna say I was pretty happy to see who was added. The salty-as-heck reaction was so disappointing though, honestly.

Been brushing up on techniques and improving my game on For Glory. I seem to be able to do much better, but every now and then I end up fighting someone who destroys me.

Maining Yoshi a lot more right now as well as Zero Suit Samus. Yoshi is a fun character to use, and has an awesome up aerial that is fun to combo into.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2015, 21:26 »
one is advertising for a game that is coming out in february, ie more relevant

one is for like a 20 year old game for some dude that was in basically licensing hell for 12 years and most people buying it won't care for geno.  in fact geno wouldn't even be bought, so relegating him to a mii costume would include him in the game without having to use the necessary resources

i don't care for geno either so I'm glad someone else got in.  having that said, since i'm a snob, i wanted ephraim or something or maybe even like wolf but whatever, i'm not about to complain about more characters in a smash game especially when one is Cloud Freaking Strife and the other one has a chainsaw for a sword.  and the other is bayonetta

personally i wanted simon belmont or snake back but the issue is that konami can eat a ripe turd due to their treatment of their previously stellar franchises

Tbh I'm not particularly here nor there about Geno either but it's the principle. It's hard to justify yet another FE character which, unless you know much about the series, looks just the same as the other... five(?) FE characters already in the game.

And if Nintendo and Square are friendly enough these days that Cloud Strife can be in Smash, I don't think that getting the rights to a Super Mario RPG character would be too much of a stretch...