Author Topic: Crawdaunt  (Read 1946 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Aerodactylite

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Crawdaunt
« on: March 19, 2014, 07:14 »
How do you get Adaptability on it? I can't seem to get one. I've hatched 50+ eggs to get all his eggs moves + EV's. I've gotten the moves I want, but I can't get anything but his normal 2. Is it a Gen V thing?
FC: 3153-5326-7600

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Crawdaunt
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:58 »
Adaptability is the Hidden Ability. Only a Crawdaunt with Adaptability can breed others with the Hidden Ability. Crawdaunt can be found in some Friend Safaris, and Friend Safari gives Hidden Ability Pokemon sometimes if that friend has been online in their X/Y version at the same time as you at least once.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Aerodactylite

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 19:20 »
Makes sense now, I appreciate that. I have one with Adaptability already, just not with Aqua Jet. I'll try breeding them and see the result.

EDIT:
Finally got it, I haven't bred in so long, but I didn't know the Ability had to be on one of the parents. Always thought it was random. Got an all Egg move Crawdaunt now! If anybody wants to check out my set, it's been working pretty well in battle spot.

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Aqua Jet
Knock Off

Superpower

I usually set up 1 Dragon Dance first turn. Knowing that my opponent may either switch out, or take me to my sash. I never lead with it because it hasn't worked out well. But clean swapping it in on something that will for sure OHKO it helps.  Once you get the Dragon Dance up, it isn't out sped by much. I've swept multiple times with Crawdaunt. Love this little bugger, hopefully some of you take the time to test it out!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 21:54 by Scizorite »
FC: 3153-5326-7600

Offline Danse Macabre ( 6,6)

• YGO & Pokemon Veteran
  • Joeno Fan
  • The Old Hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:54 »
Congratulations!

I had to go through that process a few times with different team members- I've actually given up on getting a Pixellate Sylveon with 5IVs & Wish though. It just ain't happeninng :D
Internet celebrity in the making Danté Solablood! For all your Minecraft LP needs go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev

Offline HeraCrymz

• Iceduck Fan
  • Bike Mechanic of Goldenrod City
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 21:37 »
Congratulations!

I had to go through that process a few times with different team members- I've actually given up on getting a Pixellate Sylveon with 5IVs & Wish though. It just ain't happeninng :D

I wouldn't give up on that just yet, if you have someone with an eevee safari, use a fainted male cute charmer and bring along a tracer to trace the abilities of any female eevees you run into and catch the HA ones and compare ivs. Sometimes it helps to breed for the Egg move before the preferred ivs.  LOL Now I want to attempt that task, but my current breeding project is Heracross / Heavy Balls. Got a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Male Hera as a father so i start breeding it with the female i caught/migrated from HG. It's worth the effort when you succeed in your quest :d   But Masuda breeding, now that can be a pain in the bulbasaur *giggle* 

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 21:55 »
any female eevees you run into

Your points are good apart from this one. Female Eevees are a commonly perpetuated myth. They don't actually exist.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 11:42 »
Your points are good apart from this one. Female Eevees are a commonly perpetuated myth. They don't actually exist.

I had to look it up, but a Cute Charm Pokémon in the first position of the party changes the chance to find the opposite gender to it to 66.7%, regardless of gender ratio.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella