Author Topic: A simple Breeding question...  (Read 988 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
A simple Breeding question...
« on: June 06, 2014, 03:57 »
Hello everyone, and thank you for any and all help in advance :)

So, as of X and Y, I know full well how to breed perfect Pokemon in every way, perfect I.V.'s, Egg Moves, Hidden Abilities, Natures, everything. HOWEVER, for a certain Pokemon that I've been using on Showdown to great effect that I want to have on my actual Pokemon X, I have two I.V.'s that NEED to be ZERO, not low range or anything but zero perfectly, and I haven't the slightest idea whereas to begin to breed a Pokemon with perfect I.V.'s in one stat and zero in others, I would be eternally grateful to whomever could tell me, step-by-step how to achieve my goal, as it seems no matter what I Google I can't find anything informing me how to do so. And if need be, I can give exact specs of said Pokemon if it is necessary to be able to tell me how, and again a big thank you to everyone that helps me with this in any way shape or form c=
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: A simple Breeding question...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 10:08 »
Either use a base with 0 Speed and Attack (I imagine these are the IVs you want minimised) or at random. There's no other way.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17 »
All IVs are passed down in the same way. So it's not just your perfect IVs which are passed down by destiny knot, any 5 of the IVs can be. This includes any IVs which are 0. In previous generations, it would have been very inconvenient to check which were 0 IVs, but in Gen VI, the IV judge will inform you if your pokémon has any IVs of 0 as well-he'll say something like "its best potential is in its speed, but its attack is terrible". So as Scout says, you can either check your boxes to see if anything you have has the 0 IV you need, or just keep breeding until one of the IVs happens to be the 0 you need.

tl;dr the IV guy says 0 IVs as well as 31s

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 05:23 »
Say if I were to breed something and keep hatching eggs, could one of the babies have a 0 I.V. eventually even if neither parent does?
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 10:50 »
Yes, that is.

Destiny Knot just assures 5 IVs out of the 12 (6x2) that both parents have. The other IVs are generated at random, from 0 to 31. Having said that, I think I have a 0 Speed Ditto ;3
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.