Author Topic: Top 5 Steel pokemon(Scrafty's idea)  (Read 4120 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
Top 5 Steel pokemon(Scrafty's idea)
« on: November 21, 2013, 22:55 »
I'm going to be completely blunt with you guys, I completely ripped this idea off of Scarfty, but this is the only "top 5 best" thread I plan on doing and I couldn't not do a list for my favourite type, Steel. So again, thanks to Scrafty for the idea, I hope you don't mind. Anyways, the Steel type is my favourite pokemon type. It is the best type defensively with 10 resistance and 1 immunity, as well as a new usefullness in its effectiveness against the new fairy type. It has the highest defense and special defense average of all pokemon with the Steel type having an average defense of 110.8, and an average special defense of 82.9. So, here are MY top 5 favourite Steel type pokemon.

5. Metagross

Lets be honest, I think Metagross is somewhere in everyone's top favourite steel type pokemon list. Metagross has always been such a badass pokemon, boasting great attack, great defenses, a cool typing, and a good ability which prevents stat loss. All that hard effort it takes to level up beldum and metang is worthwhile, as in the end you get this beast, a complete monster in singleplayer and a great addition to my team in Black 2. Unfortunately, Metagross falls short to the other pokemon on this list.

4. Excadrill

Excadrill is one of my favourite pokemon from the black and white games. Excadrill just has such an appealing design, including the red scar-like things all over his chest and the spikes coming out of his claws and head. He's also a complete monster both in competitive play and single player, even going as far as to being banished to the uber tier as he was too good. Excadrill has always been such a cool pokemon in my eyes, but he misses my top 3 Steel types by a bit unfortunately.

3. Empoleon

Now, for the top 3. Empoleon, my first starter from generation 4, my favourite starter from generation 4, one of my favourite pokemon from generation 4, and even one of my top 10 favourite pokemon in general. Empoleon is just an awesome pokemon with a type that I always thought was really cool, as well as the fact that he's an Emperor penguin, which coincidentally, I had just done a project on in school before I got pokemon Diamond for Christmas. I really hope that a "pokemon rainbow" type game is made so that I may use Empoleon again as I have little desire to play a game from the fourth generation again.

2. Bisharp

Look at Bisharp. What a total badass. Bisharp's my favourite pokemon from generation 5 for sure and for good reasons. His type is really cool, and he has one of my faovurite pokemon design's, of course being in my top 10 favourite pokemon list. It's a real shame that when I played pokemon white, I never actually got to see Bisharp until after the elite four(one of my problems with b/w is that the cool pokemon evolve at too high levels), but thankfully, they fixed this in black 2/white 2, and I was able to bask in the glory of Bisharp's epicness.

1. Aggron

Aggron. Words cannot describe how awesome Aggron is. My favourite Steel type pokemon and, of course, in my top 3 favourite pokemon in general. I first met Aggron when I played my first pokemon game, pokemon sapphire, for the first time. I was unaware at the time of what natures did, But I had an adamant Aggron who was a complete beast. To boost this pokemons greatness even more, game freak honored us with a mega evolution of Aggron. Not only does Mega Aggron lose its pesky rock type so that it can lose its 4x weakness to fighting and ground, but it also gains a new ability in filter, reducing the damage of supper effective attacks. This combined with its great 140 base attack and incredible bulk in 70/230/80 defenses make it very hard to take down. Not to mention that Aggron is a friggen steel dinosaur with a skull helmet. SO yeah, that's my top 5 favourite steel type  pokemon. What are yours?

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 Steel pokemon(Scrafty's idea)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 23:29 »
Doesn't mean Zeke can't do one.

1. Lucario
2. Aegislash
3. Empoleon
4. Scizor (Thanks to a certain rp.)
5. Arceus-Steel (Surprisingly viable in Gen 6 Ubers)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:18 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:59 »
Always nice to see what other people's opinions are. Even if I dont agree with them :D

5. Bisharp
4. Empoleon
3. Scizor
2. Metagross
1. Aegislash

Needs more Gengar

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 21:15 »
1. Scizor
2. Klefki
3. Empoleon / Doublade / Heatran
4. Klinklang
5. Durant

Those are my favourite steel types.

Offline Hoof Hearted

• Rob Fan
  • Swampert is nnniccee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 23:21 »
Oh jeez, I completely forgot about Scizor. Well, he probably wouldn't have made it pass Excadrill, but he probably would have beat Metagross. OH well, Metagross is still awesome and I don't feel like writing something for Scizor now.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 23:26 »
1. Skarmory
2. Forretress (my first non-gyrados shiny)
3. Empoleon
4. Bisharp
5. Escavalier

Offline MidwayDawnland

• MidwayDawnland
  • Pokemon Fan
  • Paradise Just Over the Horizon...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 03:30 »
I adore the Steel-type, so this list was a tad difficult to compile. But, nonetheless, here it is.

5. Jirachi: Jirachi ties into an important personal philosophy of mine that, while too lengthy and intricate to explain fully here, can be explained by me if you request to know what it is.

4. Metagross: Metagross, simply put, is just an extraordinary pseudo-legendary. Boss design, amazing firepower, versatile moveset... what more can be said?

3. Magnezone: My reasons for having Magnezone on this list all stem from personal experiences in using Magnezone in battle, so keep that in mind in case you were wondering about its inclusion. In Black 2, my Magnezone was my main fighter for my team, sporting a stellar moveset of Lock-On, Zap Cannon, Magnet Rise, and Flash Cannon, causing us very little trouble in both the short time I spent in competitive battling and the very long time I spent in-game.

2. Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn sports two of my favorite types, Grass and Steel (obviously), and is overall a powerful and valuable fighter, having access to both Gyro Ball (Ferrothorn's awful Speed stat makes great use of this) and the ever-rare Power Whip. Plus, its incredibly high defensive stats compliment its ability, Iron Barbs, very well. Ferrothorn also sports a rather nifty design, for those interested in the more superficial aspects of Pokemon.

1. Aegislash: Aegislash is definitely one of my favorite Kalos Pokemon, not only because of its magnificent design or one-of-a-kind typing, but more-so for its fantastic signature move: King's Shield. For those ignorant as to this move's effects, King's Shield is a version of Protect that lowers the Attack of any Pokemon by two stages if said Pokemon attempted to use a contact move on Aegislash. Also, its Attack/Defense stats in its offensive/defensive stances are astronomical, thus giving me even more reason to use Aegislash in battle.
The Ever Effervescent and Always Most Fluorescent Mr. Midway

My 3DS FC, in case you can't be arsed to look it up on my profile: 1091-8836-8139

Offline the_warden

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 05:07 »
Steel type is my specialty.
5:Mawile. Due to its mega evolution. Its attack is already good but huge power sends it through the roof. It also gained fairy type wich is very useful.
4:Empoleon. Steel and water. Fire isnt super effective anymore. Same with ground. Plus its a freaking penguine.
3:Magnizone. Electric is another personal favourite of mine and magnizone is the iceing on the cake. Extreamly capable special attack stats and incredibly bulky. I could be wrong but i think it gets levitate and if it doesnt i know it gets magnet rise.
2:Ferrothorn. This guy is a monster. Incredibly powerful and iron barbs is an incredible ability. If you give that sucker a rocy helmet your set, unless your fighting a fire type. But he can learn grouns type moves if nesicary.
Number 1:Aggron. Aside from his attack power, wich is off the charts, incredible defense, and wide range of attacks, this guy has a fantastic disign. He also beats his own weakness. He gets surf guys. He is incredibly capable to take on just about any pokemon the game will throw at you. And this isnt even talking about mega aggron who gains the filter ability, on of the best abilities a pokemon can have.

I could have gone further than five but thats if i had to pick