Author Topic: new pokemon type predictions  (Read 13362 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Re: new pokemon type predictions
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 12:25 »
The deer thing strongly looks psychic with it's antlers doing that mystic glowing thing which is at times accoistated with psychic Pokemon..  I want to say part steel because of it's colouring, but it seems a bit too slick to be steel type, but even so there are some slick steel type builds.  Though it'd be good becaues Psychic/Steel is an excellent type, as anyone who's ever fought/used Metagross knows.

That bird.. it really gives out Groundon type vibes to me, so I'm tempted to say ground/flying, I don't think it'd be fire type as there's nothing obvious fire-y about it besides it colour.

That starters could end up being pure types - that'd be cool, haven't had all pure starters since gsc.  I just hope they'll be more competitive  this time, the starters of BW were cool, I loved them, but they were a bit disappointing in battles.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:46 by Ledyba »

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 14:39 »
I think the X Pokemon (still haven't learned its name yet lol) looks like a mix between grass/psychic/steel/normal, but we can't have that in a game lol. I'm half expecting grass/psychic, though the grass is only really because it was in a foresty setting and normal is because it's a deer. I think I'm comparing it too much to Deerling/Sawsbuck xD It doesn't really look that steel to me either, but only because of its legs and colour scheme. Steel/Psychic would be nice though o:

I'm not too sure about Yveital, either. the way it glows reminds me of fire, and it's a bird so fire/flying's pretty obvious (based on my thoughts anyways xD). It won't happen, but I can imagine it being part fighting because it can use its wings and tail to smack somebody and turn them into those pin thingies that people use for keeping golf balls still on a golf course xD But yeah, I think it would be part fire. The colour scheme in Pokemon generally show what type they are, so...

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline That Weird Geeky Kid

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Start
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 15:19 »
Since I don't have much to say regarding the Legends other then I think it'll be a Ground/Flying war or something, Imma just post my thoughts on the starters, if you don't mind.
--
Take a look at this:
http://17f0418678386b4e6860-e4f9fcd924b589d19bf6ccc2802ea9aa.r66.cf1.rackcdn.com/7e1a18ccc0d7978b5cb77c000889ec2daaa2f74f.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

From left to right, the Pokemon using the moves are Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin. Let's take a look at Chespin first.

By the color scheme of this move, it appears to be a Dark move. However, if you noticed, it also looks similar to Aerial Ace, as seen on the following:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f1/Aerial_Ace_IV.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/23/Aerial_Ace_BW.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/fb/Aerial_Ace.png

Although Aerial Ace is a move commonly used by many types, it DOES have a significant hint toward a Grass/Flying. Again, it may be some sort of Dark move. If anyone can find a Dark move similar to that, do tell.
--
Next, let us take a look at Froakie. Whatever move it's using is clearly a physical move. There aren't many flashy effects, so it could possibly be a fighting move. It has blue sparks popping out from the impact and motion-lines. It looks similar to Circle Throw and/or Counter, as you can see here, respectively:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Circle_Throw.png
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Counter.png

It could be electric, since it's rather speedy-looking.
--
Lastly, Fennekin. It's using a move coming from it's mouth, and the magenta/purple as well as it's swirling pattern makes it look psychic. Very similar to Psywave, may I add... It's rather self-explanatory.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/27/Psywave.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/d7/Psywave_IV.png
--
Just my two cents. (Or two Poké.) IT'd be extremely interesting if they were secondary Dark/Fighting/Psychic, as it would add an odd match up.
A Grass/Dark VS a Fire/Psychic VS a Water/Fighting? What do ya'll think?

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 16:56 »
Those typings would definitely be interesting, as it'd give each pokemon both a weakness and a resistance to one another.

Legendary typings I'm unsure of at the moment...I'm thinking Xerneas is a grass type, if only because of it's surroundings, although dualtyping is difficult to say. Yveltal is obviously a flying type, although again I couldn't take a guess what dualtype it might be.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 18:15 »
Xerneas - Grass/Ice or Grass/Psychic
Yveltal line - Fighting/Flying
Chespin line - Grass/Dark or Grass/Normal
Fennekin line - Fire/Psychic
Froakie line - Water/Fighting

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:16 »
A new Bug-type legendary, and a Poison-type legendary. Why didn't I mention that before?

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58 »
Xerneas looks like a Psychic type
Yveltal looks like Dark Type
Zweljada looks like a Fighting type

jk but seriously i think yveltal is a pure dark type with levitate or probably dark flying if they don't want to give it levitate.
xerneas looks more of a normal type to me but could be a generic psychic type which leads me to think zweljada is a fighting type. Though xerneas does looks like a steel type but deffo not a grass type
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:03 by Specstile »

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 16:05 »
There's been some talk over a new type, z 'Light' type. I always wondered if Xerneas would be this type. I don't think there are many combinations they have left to make the legendaries interesting otherwise.

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 20:38 »
^ Light type? I hope not. But a new type would be interesting. For some reason though I'm inclined  to say that it won't happen...
In my opinion:
  • Chespin is Grass/Dark. Chipmunks are evil. Reasoning complete. However, the second attack it makes looks suspiciously like shadow claw. Now that would be interesting, a Grass/Ghost starter;
  • Froakie... Water/Fighting. It just screams to me, "Hey! I'm that really annoying starter which, although my design has no artistic merit, is the strongest of this region!", and we all know how fighting is the favorite to make starters strong;
  • Fennekin is the first starter I've actually liked straight from release since Gen 3. If the moves performed in the trailer are anything to go by then it's Fire/Psychic. Finally, not a FireFighter!;
  • Xerneas is an interesting subject... I'm going to say Psychic/Ground. Providing that these creatures really are based off Norse mythology, that is. Didn't Norse superstition assign gemstones with mystical properties? Of course, I may be wrong. It's antlers are littered with gemstones; 
  • And, last but certainly not least, Yveltal. I'll be really disappointed if it isn't a Dark/Dragon. Although I have no real reason to suggest that type, other than I want it to be. Oh, and the patterning on it's body seems to pulse oddly.
Well, there you go. I'll almost certainly be proven wrong, but hey, I can dream can't I?
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 01:25 »
The reasoning behind light type is that 'Dark' type in Japan is actually 'evil type', so it makes sense that there should be a light type.

Also I just can't figure out what else Xernias would be.

Draghost999

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 02:03 »
Xerneas, Psychic/Grass. Yveltal, Fighting/Flying. Don't ask me where that came from.  :o

There should be a Cosmic type and an Oil type. Don't ask me where that came from.

Light type? And Fighting is the Japanese 'holy' type if Dark is the Japanese 'evil' type.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 04:56 »
Xerneas, Psychic/Grass. Yveltal, Fighting/Flying. Don't ask me where that came from.  :o

There should be a Cosmic type and an Oil type. Don't ask me where that came from.

Light type? And Fighting is the Japanese 'holy' type if Dark is the Japanese 'evil' type.

Fighting type is かくとうタイプ (Scuffling type) in Japanese.

Draghost999

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 05:30 »
Then we may just need a Light type.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 06:55 »
I can't see this grass type connection with Xerneas. :s

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 07:45 »
probably because it looks kind of like a dialga-sawsbuck
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!