Author Topic: Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas  (Read 12842 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
Re: Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 13:47 »
Type change for Snubull and Granbull plz. They are Fairy pokemon too, after all... and who wouldn't want a fairy bulldog?

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 15:16 »
Don't get me wrong, I can understand that his previous connections and 'leaks' have usually been spot on, but aren't you placing an awful lot of faith in this Hiro when it's established his connection at GameFreak got fired because he leaked stuff to him at the start of Gen V..?

I'd still be surprised if they did release a Fairy type now..
every party needs a pooper thats why they invited you, party pooperrrrrrr party pooperrrrrrr

but forreal can we ignore the fact that this may or may not be true and speculate??????
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 17:11 »
I'm hoping that if the Fairy Type does come to pass that it'd be applied to some older Pokemon.  Ratio-wise Steel was only applied to a small amount of Pokemon when GSC came out - only two, that sort of ratio could make things interesting without it being overbearing in a larger number of Pokemon.   I would love to see some Pokemon like Clefable, Togekiss  really benefit from a new typing.  A mixture of new and old showcasing a brand new type would be interesting.

Suppose Wigglytuff wouldn't be applicable to any potential Fairy typing. :< Not sure if there's anything Fairytail about a big balloon rabbit.

Yeah it's kind of a shame about Wigglytuff, maybe it will though...who knows, we might see Fairy localized or even called outright something else like 'Nymph' type with a whole different criteria.

I doubt they will retcon many though. Magnemite was the only retconned steel type so I imagine we'll have no more than 10 (Probably closer to 5) retconned Fairy types.

Offline fi

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 04:35 »
 Fairy type...... :-/ I admit I would have been cool with light type, but I don't really know about a FAIRY type.... And wasn't it already announced the light type?

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2013, 13:45 »
There will be too many retcons if we have a Fairy-type. Any Pokemon in the Fairy egg group will probably end up with this type (which is somewhere around 10 or more).

But then again, maybe there won't be a new type.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 16:30 »
Warning, meta-drama ahead

Okay so most of you probably don't care about this seeing as it's ~drama~ and isn't really of interest to anyone who hasn't been following the whole 'Fairygate' thing but...

Melkor posted his thoughts on this whole 'Fairygate' scandal and what really happened during Wottergate and the outcome of the whole situation. I'll summarize it as easily as I can without going too far into the 'he said she said' stuff because nobody wants to hear that.

-He and Hiro both worked at ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine) Spain and back during the run-up to Gen V, they leaked Alpha sprites of the Pokedex, along with fanart of how some of the new Pokemon looked on Melkor's Spanish Pokemon fansite. Supposedly security wasn't as tight back then with who knew what.

-TCPi (The Pokemon Company International) did not take kindly to this and told them to take down both the fanart and the sprites.

-Melkor accepted and took down the sprites but not the fanart. Melkor is a lawyer, knows his rights and claimed that the fanart was going to stay because it didn't breach copyright. TPCi was not happy.

-Neither of the two were fired or received a C&D, but Melkor quit to spend more time on being a lawyer. Security was apparently tightened.

-Fast-forward to 2013: Hiro is leaking statements about Fairy type, but Melkor wants nothing to do with them.

-Melkor says Hiro is taking an extremely big risk by doing what he is doing and that the TPCi will not be happy and that this is the reason he [Melkor] refuses to do anymore leaks unless they are fanart only. He claims we can't assume anything Hiro says is fact, but also claims that the 'Types probably are as leaked'.

-Melkor pre-emptively adds 'Fairy type' to the type-effectiveness chart on his fansite.

And there you have it. Hopefully this wraps the whole drama up.

It sounds very much to me like the leaks are indeed correct but Melkor being a lawyer does not want to blotch his reputation and sees Hiro as being in the crosshairs of TPCi. Poor Hiro looks like he is about to get hit by the proverbial Draco Meteor of TPCi, I'm not really surprised though - Hiro has generally been really trying to squeeze all the popularity and net fame he can out of his leaks. In fact, a few days before Melkor's statement I saw Hiro trying to backpedal slightly (Maybe Melkor warned him) but shortly after he claimed he would release more info about the starters depending on how many followers on twitter he could get (*facepalm*). There is also the rumour that the facebook page that first published the Fairy-type leak paid Hiro for exclusivity of the info, which sounds like a risky business if it is true.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be Hiro right now. At least we have some closure on the issue though, we'll have to wait and see either way if the leaks are correct or not.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 20:44 »
Poor Hiro looks like he is about to get hit by the proverbial Draco Meteor of TPCi.

Best line ever.

I am really interested in this behind the scenes stuff and hell I'd happily follow Hiro for more information about the starters.

How much was leaked during the Gen V art leak. Was it all Pokemon? Or just some?
Slowly an old member..

Wolstenholme

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 21:15 »
I don't think there's much potential for really good pokemon/moves in fairy type... it seems a bit silly but absolutely adorable at the same time I really hope there's some sort of mythical storyline type thing about the fairy types and that it's all cuddly and fluffy and pink and magical.

Like you have to go and calm this angry nymph pokemon by battling it and then it has this ridiculously strong move that's called "Fairy dust" or something and it OHKO's everything!

But this probably made no sense at all because it's Sunday evening and I'm tired.

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 21:33 »
-Neither of the two were fired or received a C&D, but Melkor quit to spend more time on being a lawyer. Security was apparently tightened.

Sounds like he doesn't know the meaning of 'Non-Disclosure Agreement'. Even if neither was fired, they will have signed one, or be forced to sign one and follow one from now on.

All contracts I've signed in similar areas make it clear you can't leak this sort of information and I've signed infomration about these ahead of time. While it may not necessarily always be something you'll be fired for, you will be reprimanded and probably wouldn't be allowed to mention this either then. In fact, even saying you've signed an NDA can break that NDA (in this example, mentioning you've signed an NDA about the next Pokemon game would already reveal more than they'd want).

Doing that multiple times? Yeah, there will be trouble.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 23:17 »
I actually got something wrong here: They DID receive a C&D but apparently the NDA wasn't broken from the leak. I don't know much about NDA's but going by what you've just said there, it sounds like it's certainly broken now. Here's a couple of quotes that clarify the issue:

First and foremost, I have to clarify something people are saying about the life of Hiro and my own: that we get an insider scoop into upcoming Pokémon games because we work at the Spanish Official Nintendo Magazine.

The Spanish Official Nintendo Magazine does not have anything to do with all this because basically they don't have a clue. Nintendo and TPCi follow very strict policies as to which contents are to be disclosed from insiders to trusted media and to the public. The magazine staff simply could not reveal anything to us because they know nothing, as TPCi is not revealing any information to trusted media more than a couple of days in advance, and subject to strict embargoes and conditions.

For the record, Hiro is currently collaborating with the magazine on a regular basis, and I am still in contact with the magazine for specific articles, interviews, etc. I was never fired or reprimanded by ONM's staff for any of my activities on my website, nor did I breach my NDA with them. I simply quit because I just have not enough time with my "real" work as a lawyer.

We got a C&D letter from Nintendo's lawyer Cooley requesting us to remove the alpha sprites from BW and the fanarts of Hiro. I removed the former, but not the latter, based on exceptions under copyright law. I thought that revealing those sprites after the games were released in practice (but some days before official release date) would be safe enough. TPCi did not agree with me on that.

I think really when you have a team of lawyers and a multinational company on your side, striking down someone on the internet is not too difficult, especially when they have leaked stuff before. I'm not sure I buy what Melkor said about not being fired from ONM or breaching NDA, but it sounds like someone's head is going to be on the chopping block.

It's interesting though - while he won't talk about it, the source itself must be from somewhere else if not ONM, which could be why they aren't facing the full brunt of TPCi right now - they will probably be looking to find out where the real source of the leak is.

Hiro just did an interview with a game website, there wasn't anything in the interview that was particularly revealing apart from: 1) He doesn't actually like the idea of a new type and 2) He apparently leaked Sylveon's silhouette in November before Gen 6 was even announced (!!!) but took it down because nobody believed him and everybody was expecting a R/S remake instead. He also apparently revealed the names of Black/White 2 when everyone was expecting a 'Pokemon Gray'.

Sappy: The entire B/W Pokedex was leaked with alpha sprites and some of Hiro's artwork. Apparently Hiro did the fanart first but nobody believed him because they couldn't compare his art with the real thing (Because nobody had seen the real thing) so the entire Gen V dex was leaked. I've seen some screenshots of the leak myself from before they were pulled.

I'm surprised something wasn't seriously done about that in the first place. A simple slap on the wrist and a C&D? If they really did get off that lightly then Hiro should NOT be taking them for another ride. Melkor has had nothing to do with the Gen 6 leaks so far and is no doubt running for the hills.

There was also a small part in Melkor's post that was addressed to TPCi's lawyer saying that Melkor knew he would be reading. It's not important as such (It's about Spain not being allowed a VGC this year because of the poo-throwing incident) but it goes to show that Melkor is expecting TPCi to read it.

Either way, nothing I've read has really made the 'Fairy Type' issue any clearer. I've always been a believer because I think it makes sense, this Hiro and Melkor stuff has grounded the theory a little bit more with the leaks and now with the leaning towards 'Yes it probably is correct' and stuff, but generally the whole thing of who did what why and when doesn't interest me that much. It's fun while we have slow news but I'd rather have something like a trailer or even an official tweet to speculate with. Melkor has all kinds of legal uncertanties revolving around him and Hiro seems intent on making this like some kind of reality TV show all about him, I have nothing against the guy - but I fail to see what good this is doing, it's just goading TPCi to take a swing at him.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 23:20 by Turner »

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 11:05 »
I got a question: Are they (Hiro and Melkor) supposed to be some pseudonym for somebody who leaked all of the stuff about what Pokemon's doing?

So many leaks these days to the internet. Maybe eventually if he leaked enough confidential stuff from Pokemon it will go international and Pokemon will have to do even more revisions to the game. Kinda bit like how the film script gets re-edited by studios once the finished script gets leaked to the internet for the eyes of international readers (or internet users).

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 17:36 »
I got a question: Are they (Hiro and Melkor) supposed to be some pseudonym for somebody who leaked all of the stuff about what Pokemon's doing?

So many leaks these days to the internet. Maybe eventually if he leaked enough confidential stuff from Pokemon it will go international and Pokemon will have to do even more revisions to the game. Kinda bit like how the film script gets re-edited by studios once the finished script gets leaked to the internet for the eyes of international readers (or internet users).

They are pseudonyms but Hiro has posted pictures supposedly of himself on his blog so I'm pretty sure they are two legitimate people. I guess there is the chance of Melkor and Hiro being the same person but who knows.

At the moment, the leak hasn't really gotten too far and most people don't know the background of these guys so they'll just go 'Another leak? Fairy-type? Pshhh yeah right' and discredit it along with digital type and 'Mr. X/Y' type leaks. People who are a little bit closer to what's going on know that this is at least something that could well end up being real.

I'm glad Hiro said he doesn't like the idea of a new type though, as much as I'm happy that Fairy-type is looking more like a possibility, I wouldn't like the idea of someone leaking it just to suit their agenda/wishlist I'd rather it be true because of my own observations were correct rather than because some Spanish guy leaked it. I guess all will be revealed in the interviews with Masuda when the type is finally announced.