Poll

Which pokemon do you think could use an evolution (that don't have one already)? Here are my top five.

Farfetch'd
6 (14.3%)
Luvdisc
6 (14.3%)
Dunsparce
15 (35.7%)
Sabeleye
9 (21.4%)
Emolga
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Pokemon that could use an evolution?  (Read 10796 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The last sheikah

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon that could use an evolution?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2012, 20:10 »
Not sure what you mean here; competitively, Scizor is completely preferable over Scyther. Unless you're talking about appearance, in which case, yeah, Scyther all the way. A Bug/Ground Pinsir evo would be kinda neat, since it's almost unique typing (shared with Nincada), and it'd be one of few bugs to not get mauled by Stealth Rock.
Scyther is technically a sidegrade due to the fact that its BST is identical (and in fact the stat distributions, while different, aren't decisively better one way or another), it just happens that Scizor is more useful generally because of its typing.
It's kind of the same as how the Eeveelutions, or the Rotom forms, are technically meant to be balanced, but clearly aren't.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 08:44 »
Scyther is technically a sidegrade due to the fact that its BST is identical (and in fact the stat distributions, while different, aren't decisively better one way or another), it just happens that Scizor is more useful generally because of its typing.
It's kind of the same as how the Eeveelutions, or the Rotom forms, are technically meant to be balanced, but clearly aren't.

It's still not beneficial to use Scyther over Scizor, which is what I said. Maybe they're meant to be on the same kind of level, but that's an idealistic way of looking at things, and isn't grounded in reality.

Your point about stat distribution is also a generalization, because you're not taking anything but the stats into account. Scizor's movepool, typing, and stat distribution all make it a clear choice over Scyther in competitive battles, and that's all I said, really.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 13:15 »
I know everyone hates Jynx but it should have got an evo in Gen 4 with Magmar and Electabuzz. Like some badass valkyrie looking thing.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 01:41 »
I know everyone hates Jynx but it should have got an evo in Gen 4 with Magmar and Electabuzz. Like some badass valkyrie looking thing.

I was thinking more of a geisha with a fan that when waved blows cold air.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 00:33 »
It's still not beneficial to use Scyther over Scizor, which is what I said. Maybe they're meant to be on the same kind of level, but that's an idealistic way of looking at things, and isn't grounded in reality.

Your point about stat distribution is also a generalization, because you're not taking anything but the stats into account. Scizor's movepool, typing, and stat distribution all make it a clear choice over Scyther in competitive battles, and that's all I said, really.
Richard, you should know way better than this; bringing up competitive everywhere doesn't really do you any favors.  I don't think Nintendo keeps competitive 100% in mind when they make stuff.  The purpose is, and this is what I and nintendo cares about- Scizor's meant to be more of a side-evolution to Scyther as opposed to preferred.

Obviously Scizor's better, but I still think something to the effect of what I suggested is better for Pinsir because the original intent of Pinsir was to have something over Scyther (raw power vs Speed) and, for that matter, Scizor and Heracross.  I'm willing to bet you knew exactly what I was talking about too and just felt the need to rub competitive knowledge into our faces...
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 23:51 »
Richard, you should know way better than this; bringing up competitive everywhere doesn't really do you any favors.  I don't think Nintendo keeps competitive 100% in mind when they make stuff.  The purpose is, and this is what I and nintendo cares about- Scizor's meant to be more of a side-evolution to Scyther as opposed to preferred.

Obviously Scizor's better, but I still think something to the effect of what I suggested is better for Pinsir because the original intent of Pinsir was to have something over Scyther (raw power vs Speed) and, for that matter, Scizor and Heracross.  I'm willing to bet you knew exactly what I was talking about too and just felt the need to rub competitive knowledge into our faces...

Muhed, I'm honestly not, I never considered Scizor to be a side-evolution, just because it evolves in a different way. The only Pokemon I consider to be a side evolution is Shedinja maybe, since it doesn't evolve directly from the base Pokemon.

I'm sincerely not trying to rub competitive knowledge in anyone's face, I just really don't understand, to be perfectly honest. A side evolution has the same BST and evolves in an unusual way? I'm really not sure what you think I'm aware of, but I've got better things to do than to "rub competitive knowledge in your face". I meant no offense, I just honestly don't understand your stance about Scizor not being necessarily preferable, unless you meant appearance or typing, since they change drastically, in which case I've already agreed with you. =\

MonsterMon64

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 08:49 »
I think it was the way you worded what you said, Richard. It did come across as a little arrogant to me. Or... blunt, at least. ^^;

As for the whole "side-evolution" thing,  I see where Muhed and The last Sheika are coming from. (Not the term I'd use, but I can't think of a better one...) Scizor, going through a stat redistribution as opposed to an increase, sacrifices Speed for power and Defense.* If Scyther got a split evo, it could focus on speed, get a boost to other stats and still retain its typing (or at least its scythes) Whether it's better than Scizor or not, I don't think that's an issue if we're talking aesthetics, but I'm sure it'd make Scyther fans** happy to have another choice. (then again, I'm a sucker for split evos. Not counting Eeveelutions, there are simply not enough Pokemon with 'em)

...But then, how do you improve on an already awesome design without it being overkill? Same deal with Skarmory, though I have a better time picturing what it might evolve into... but not by much.

And yeah, I do feel like Pinsir got shafted. That's what makes me think the whole "Pinsir almost got its own evolution, but they decided to make Heracross instead" theory holds water. Agreed that Bug/Ground would be a cool typing for a Pinsir evo.

an alt evo of Ledyba which is basically a massive Ledyba with the ability to use fire moves and hyper voice.
Why do I get the mental image of a pyrotechnic Thanksgiving parade float with a siren on its head? :laugh:

*It more than makes up for this with a nasty Bullet Punch, admittedly. Oh, and its typing.
**Or at least me. I don't really like Scizor <<;
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:01 by MonsterMon64 »

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 13:57 »
I guess that's my fault then, I honestly didn't get it, but I do apologize if I came across as arrogant somehow. I didn't understand what he meant.

Offline SpinnelSun

• This isn't wonderland anymore, Alice.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • facebook.
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 01:52 »
I've always would like to see a Medicham evolution, always thought it was a cool pokemon thought it's stats are underwhelming.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 02:42 »
An evolution for Surskit where it reatins the Bug/Water typing would be nice. It is such a unique typing and the alternate evolution could easily take more hits from a Fire type and knock it out easily!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline HipHop Honchkrow

• Raging Ruby and Sorrow Sapphire (RP) Coming Soon
  • Mulholland Fan
  • RnBlaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 11:19 »
Chatot & Farfetch'd evolutons should be counterparts to eachother

Onix should also have a pre-evolution & have side evolutions

• Dragoonix: Evolve with Dragon Scale Traded (Speed highest stat)
  • Psychonix: Evolve with Shiny Stone (Special Defence highest stat)

"People who grew up as child stars have the same thing in common. You're cute, they love you; you go through the awkward stage, they don't accept you any more. Very few make the transition to adult star!"

Offline Grasshole

• Iceduck Fan
  • I am the hero the world deserves, but doesn't need
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 22:04 »
I`d like to see a second evolution of Farfetch'd..
Friend : Hey, I just found a new Pokemon!

You : Really? What is it? Oh, it's a rock.

Friend : It's not a rock, it's an undiscovered rock type Pokemon!

You : Yeah, sure it is. Hey, I have an undiscovered Pokemon too. *Blows up balloon* See?

Friend : That's just a balloon.

You : And that's just a rock.

Friend : I HATE YOU.

Offline foxtipus

• Pinball Wizard
  • Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 05:50 »
I personally want a evolution for Shuckle. Just so I can put an evolite on it. The end result would be glorious.
Dunsparce is my second most wanted evolution. I think it could do with a speed boost mostly.

Offline steven101

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 00:37 »
I have a evolutionary chain that would look good paturisu into emolga at level up with super fang

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 13:34 »
I have a evolutionary chain that would look good paturisu into emolga at level up with super fang

They're not going to merge separate Pokemon species, least of all with an existing method that doesn't work.