Author Topic: The 2015 General Election  (Read 12516 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
The 2015 General Election
« on: April 20, 2015, 13:13 »
As today is the last day you can register to vote, where does everybody (who is eligible) stand on where their vote will go on 5th May?

And if you aren't eligible, who would you go for?

And if you haven't registered, do so immediately and remember to tell your friends. But not the ones who you think will vote for UKIP*

*Joke.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The 2015 General Election
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 15:19 »
I have no interest in voting so I'm not going to

I appreciate the effort the local guy from UKIP is putting towards trying to get me to vote for them but that isn't happening lol

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 15:29 »
Quite looking forward to voting this year, still a bit unsure who I'm going to vote for (definitely not Tories or UKIP though aha)

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 16:26 »
Can't vote yet unfortunately (well, fortunately really, 16+ voting would be horrendous haha), but if I could I'd definitely go Conservative, although I don't particularly like the idea of an EU referendum, but I guess it needs settling.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 17:38 »
I'm planning on actually voting this year. If not because I feel like I should, but because I have a friend who is quite vehemently UKIP, and it winds me up to no end when he goes off on one.

I'm not letting those types of people force their political opinions on me, and their reasoning is wrong. Besides, from what I can see UKIP is doing everything in its power to prevent equal rights and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's a tad ridiculous?
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 19:14 »
I have no idea who I'm going to vote for, they all look fantastic. This is of course a joke too.

Being a Brightonian, I would ordinarily vote Green, but Caroline Lucas is actually not rated particularly well in the other two Brighton constituencies, it's all Labour here.

I kind of wish I could just pick the best bits from all of them and go from there. I think even UKIP have something decent to bring to the table, but it's not Farage's anti-immigration slant that worries me, it's the fact he's one of Thatcher's children which means that his financial policies will likely smite me down.

I'd otherwise vote Lib Dems but their stance on the bedroom tax is patronizing and ridiculous. I'd vote Conservative purely based on the fact that our local MP is one of the most decent, non-Toryish Conservatives I've ever seen, but then a vote for him is a vote for Cameron and I just cannot do that.

So...probably Labour I guess, which is a bit boring, but I find myself disagreeing the least with their policies out of all the others. I don't really care who wins, so long as it's not the Tories. The resulting anarchy of a UKIP or Green win would be enjoyable, but unlikely.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 21:26 »
 I'm voting UKIP to kick you all out of my house because you never pay rent >:(

However, I do think we need to stop with all of the liberalism. I can't imagine the chaos that the Greens would cause.

We need to sort out our military funding, especially when Russia is puffing out her chest.

I'll probably vote for Plaid Cymru and stand up for my lecturers.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 21:54 »
I'm planning on actually voting this year. If not because I feel like I should, but because I have a friend who is quite vehemently UKIP, and it winds me up to no end when he goes off on one.

I'm not letting those types of people force their political opinions on me, and their reasoning is wrong. Besides, from what I can see UKIP is doing everything in its power to prevent equal rights and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's a tad ridiculous?

Worst thing with UKIP is that most the people shifting to them are working-class Labour voters who've just been fed the garbage "immigration is the bane of the nation" that the media seems to be spouting, when UKIP would hurt those people more than even Thatcher. Like, Tories are always painted as being the ones who want to privatise the NHS, but UKIP would be much quicker in doing it.

Although tbf, I'd still rather have UKIP than the Labour/SNP garbage it looks like we'll be getting. Ed may say he won't join the witch of the north in a coalition, but even if he were being truthful (which I highly doubt), he'd need to form an informal coalition to prop a minority government up and if Nicola gets her way on trident Russia'll be a real problem haha. Don't mind Labour on their own, like I'd rather not have them but when the alternative is a Labour minority propped up by SNP it doesn't look so bad.
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 23:15 »
Worst thing with UKIP is that most the people shifting to them are working-class Labour voters who've just been fed the garbage "immigration is the bane of the nation" that the media seems to be spouting, when UKIP would hurt those people more than even Thatcher. Like, Tories are always painted as being the ones who want to privatise the NHS, but UKIP would be much quicker in doing it.

Although tbf, I'd still rather have UKIP than the Labour/SNP garbage it looks like we'll be getting. Ed may say he won't join the witch of the north in a coalition, but even if he were being truthful (which I highly doubt), he'd need to form an informal coalition to prop a minority government up and if Nicola gets her way on trident Russia'll be a real problem haha. Don't mind Labour on their own, like I'd rather not have them but when the alternative is a Labour minority propped up by SNP it doesn't look so bad.

I don't think any party, even the Conservatives themselves, running for parliament this May could hurt the working class worse than Thatcher did in the 80s. She was next-level when it came to dividing society into haves and have-nots, I think it'd take a dictator to do that on the same scale today.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 00:00 »
why vote UKIP when there's always the BNP if immigration is your main concern!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 03:04 »
Personally, I would actually like to see immigration tightened. I'm not all BLOODY FOREIGNERS about it but I would much rather see a points based system similar to Canada, Sweden etc. I feel like it's impossible to have this opinion without someone labeling you as a racist, it just makes sense to me especially when you consider our land mass.

Same with social/council housing waiting lists, I don't know why nationals don't get priority, surely it's just common sense that the people who don't have another country to go back to should be housed first. I don't consider it a matter of racial self-importance, just common sense that you should take care of people from your own country first to keep the numbers as even as possible before working on getting other people in. Every country should be doing it really and no other country should have to change their ways because some other country is refusing to play ball.

It's like Labour are saying that they want immigrants in public facing jobs to be able to speak English. I don't even understand why this wouldn't be a thing in the first place, you wouldn't get through the interview process at somewhere like Subway without being able to speak English first, so I don't see how it would help anyone by not doing those checks first. It's not even a left vs right issue, it's just silly, like inviting someone over for dinner but then not giving them a knife and fork.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 07:33 »
Personally, I would actually like to see immigration tightened. I'm not all BLOODY FOREIGNERS about it but I would much rather see a points based system similar to Canada, Sweden etc. I feel like it's impossible to have this opinion without someone labeling you as a racist, it just makes sense to me especially when you consider our land mass.

Same with social/council housing waiting lists, I don't know why nationals don't get priority, surely it's just common sense that the people who don't have another country to go back to should be housed first. I don't consider it a matter of racial self-importance, just common sense that you should take care of people from your own country first to keep the numbers as even as possible before working on getting other people in. Every country should be doing it really and no other country should have to change their ways because some other country is refusing to play ball.

I agree with all this, but mostly because if you don't have some sort of rough idea what immigration you'll be getting then how can public services be budgeted correctly. Trouble is the only way we can implement it is through leaving the EU, which I'm not completely opposed to as long as people can produce reasonable evidence to suggest it'd benefit the country, as iirc it's about £50bn we'd lose if we left, and in the north east in particular Sunderland would lose it's Nissan factory which is quite a big help to the economy up here.

why vote UKIP when there's always the BNP if immigration is your main concern!

In fairness, UKIP say they want to control immigration through a points based system, which is fair enough. I don't like them, but their immigration policy isn't really comparable to BNP who are just flat out racist. My main problem with UKIP was that they wanted to abolish free public schooling in 2010 and replace it with all private schools but parents are issued with a voucher equivalent to what the state school should cost, and then the parents pay the difference. Free education is like one thing you really can't slash if you want the nation to go anywhere >_>
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 08:08 »
Probably going to vote snp or labour. I know Scotland only has 43 seats or something so if the majority of Scotland vote for the snp then the Tories will most likely get in again which is why I'm swaying towards Labour tbh.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 09:21 »
Besides, from what I can see UKIP is doing everything in its power to prevent equal rights and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks it's a tad ridiculous?

Oddly, UKIP support seems to be highest in constituencies where immigration is not a big thing.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 17:06 »
Finally ended with a Tory majority. 331 seats isn't a very big majority though, only 8 over the 323 needed discounting Sinn Fein and speaker seats and whatnot. Should be interesting to see if they can get all their manifesto pledges through the commons (especially repeal of HRA, can't see all Tories voting for it's repeal)
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝