Author Topic: Ryan Rosstone  (Read 2211 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Ryan Rosstone
« on: June 26, 2011, 17:23 »
Name: Ryan Rosstone

Starting Region: Unova

Description:

He is 5' 7 in height. He weighs around 65kg, but thinks that he is somewhat fat due to his large appetite. He has dark brown, small-spiked hair that somehow improves his morale when he admires it in the mirror, giving him a good reason to hate hair-cuts. His face consists of medium-toned peachy skin, deep and piercing green eyes, a thin but short nose after a fall pushed his once long nose upwards. His lips are thin and lightly-coloured, which conceal almost whitened teeth, healthy ones at that.

He loves to wear his grey-black shirt that has a picture of Alder and his Bouffalant with the phrase "Unovan Glory" underneath it. His body is very healthy with toned peachy skin. He has comparably thinner arm muscles due to being born with a non-threatening type of muscle dystrophy, but has very healthy leg muscles. His legs are, as stated just, healthy and his feet are also quite fine.

Personality: He is very determined to win the Unovan conference to make him feel true and living. He has been known to be very helpful and intelligent, which causes him to try and take control of any situation he can, but usually messes up quite epically. He does, however, keep full composure under pressure. That has helped him escape tense situations in the past, and continues to do so now. When around a pretty girl, he still keeps perfect composure around her, but can slip up at the wrong times, i.e acting snobby which he normally doesn't. Through his current travels, he has developed a sense of slight rush and impatience.

He loves Grass and Flying Pokémon which explains why he likes walking through forests. He likes music with some form of guitar / country music playing, and also plays the acoustic guitar on his trips through forests. He attracts Pokémon when he plays, and has a close bond with these Pokémon. He also has a unique ability to tame Pokémon with his music. He hates certain spiders(e.g. Black and Red patterned Tarantulas), but loves colourful ones(e.g. Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange or Silver patterned Tarantulas) which explains why he likes Joltik and Galvantula.

History:

He lives with his mom, Elena and used to live with his dad, Joey, who died soon after arriving in Unova due to a heart attack. He grew up happy, enjoying all the trips he was taken on, including most notably, Zoo visits. His fondness for colourful spiders was dangerous at times, as he was bitten by at least four, fortunately, non-poisonous exotic spiders. He also came close to being bitten by a black widow, but he killed it before it did. When he was 12, he went out with a girl called Zepha, who moved away from him to Hoenn when he was in Sinnoh.He has experienced many forms of bullying in the past, which have caused his anger to explode in powerful bursts, but has learned to control it when he started to learn about Pokémon at Professor Rowan's Universal Pokémon School. He became inspired to become a Pokémon trainer when Alder visited the school. He was denied the chance to start off in Sinnoh on more than 3 occasions, before Alder visited his school. Then his family moved to Unova, where his Father died. Professor Juniper has since said that she will let him go on a journey through Unova when the time is right...

In the past 3 months, he found two Pokémon eggs in the forest he occasionally visited. He had no idea who-or what-had left the eggs there. After 5 short weeks, a week before he would go to the lab, they hatched into an Eevee and a Tangela, who have used their moves to help around his home, i.e. Vine Whip to move things, Iron Tail to cut things, which cemented their position as family helpers. He will, however, be taking them both with him. He plans to evolve them both into a Leafeon and Tangrowth respectively.

Friends and Enemies:

Friends:
Adam Winters
Joshua Rose
Michael Edwards
Thomas Tramp

Enemies:

Pokémon:

@ Chesto Berry
Nature: Quiet
Moves: Tail Whip / Tackle / Iron Tail / Shadow Ball / Leaf Blade
Description: It willingly helps out around Ryan's home, cutting things and cleaning things up, but is very quiet, usually snuggling up in Ryan's bed. It loves to eat when it can, but otherwise, doesn't mind anything else. Apart from water, which it drinks, but hates to be around. In fact, if it spys a puddle, it immediately ducks behind a tree or bush. This is because it almost drowned in it's younger years, and still remembers the incident. It evolved into Leafeon during a battle against Virizion, learning Leaf Blade and eventually defeating Virizion.

@ Yache Berry
Nature: Bashful
Moves: Vine Whip / Tackle / Leech Seed / Sleep Powder
Description: It usually shys away from most people, and if it doesn't, it gets all embarrased and shy, and makes a fool of it's self. It loves helping when it can, and also likes water, which scares Eevee when it messes around with it, which rarely happens due to it being bashful.

Nature: Careful
Moves: Tackle / Pound / Growl / Tail Slap
Description: It enjoys cleaning up anything that is dirty, but takes a lot more care than usual when standing up in battle, which can slow it down. It is young and needs a good trainer to raise it. It enjoys being cleaned as do many Minccino, but also likes to be dirty so it can clean itself more. It was defeated in it's first battle against Josh and Oshawott.

Nature: Rash
Moves: Snarl / Growl / Scratch / Assist
Description: It is a rather Rash pokemon, and is quite devious. It's physical strength is quite bad, but it's excellent ability to use Snarl makes up for it, just about.

Nature: Adamant
Moves: Ancientpower / Wide Guard / Aqua Jet / Crunch
Description: It is rather new to the team, but isn't yet comfortable with Ryan. It does have some very powerful moves to use, like Crunch and Aqua Jet. It has managed to use its' Ancientpower attack to great effect on many occasions.

Nature: Gentle
Known Moves: Shadow Sneak / Psychic
Description: Ryan caught this Pokemon when a group of Ghost Pokemon, a Volcarona and a Terrakion attacked Ryan and his friends. It attempted to attack him, but later decided to accept Ryan as a friend. Not much as known about her.

Key Items:
Journal - To record what he has done every day of his usual life.

Bag - Provided to carry whatever he wishes, bought for him a week before his starter choosing at the lab.

Pokédex - To view data on any Pokémon inside of Unova.

Badges:

The Trio Badge

The Basic Badge

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 13:37 by Spriter SR|XL »

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Rosstone
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 16:33 »
Hi there.

Sorry for not replying for a month! :(

I've read your application and there is only one thing I have a problem with. You say his weight is 35-40kg, which is actually very underweight considering the lowest "healthy weight" somebody of that size should be is 55-60kg. It also conflicts what you said about him having a "very healthy body".

Once you decide on a more realistic weight or body situation, I'll give you approval. :)

Tips: In terms of presentation it would be good to make the sections bold so it's easier on the eyes. I'm also a sucker for sprites of the Pokémon because I believe it gives them more character.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 17:38 »
Edited in the boldness, realistic body weight (I'm not too good with weight at times...) and sprites. It's alright about the waiting though. Thanks!

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 19:14 »
No problem. You're approved, all we have to do is wait for PTX's say on things and we'll be done. :)

Offline PTX Redux

• ~The Writer with Golden Status [Voted Best Writer in PLC + Best Role Player in '06]~
  • Gym Leader
  • Sentret Fan
  • "There's nothing like a good battle."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 23:50 »
I agree. Here's what you have to do.

All you need to do now is request acceptance into the member group. In order to do so, simply follow these steps...

* Go to your profile page

* Look in the "Modify Profile" drop down tab and select "Group Membership"

* Look for the member group called "PLC access" and select "Request Membership."

* After you have been approved, if you find yourself unable to post anywhere other than the PLC, go back to the "Group Membership" page and make sure that you make "Registered Members" your primary group.

Once you've done that I'll approve you for PLC access.
Join Pokemon Live Connection, an interactive Pokemon fanfiction where every character's stories are intertwined. Think of it as one giant Role Play and sign up today.

Follow the Journeys Saga in Johto
Journeys: Johto Saga (Summary)

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 19:57 »
This may be a bit noobish, but now that I've got access, do I start a story for my character, or do I try and join someone else's story? I'm sort of confused, sorry.

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 20:02 »
You can make a post in this topic. If people who have an active and open story then they will reply, but seeing as the board isn't very active right now I would consider starting your own story and making a pitch in the above topic to get people to join it. Either that or wait for an active story spot.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 20:45 »
Ok, I've just started a story and made a plea to free PLCers in that topic, so I'm off!

Ryan has just started on his ferry trip to Nuvema Town.

He has met Adam Winters on the ferry. Adam has joined Ryan on his trip.

Ryan has also met Joshua Rose on the ferry trip.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 14:08 by Spriter SR|XL »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:20 »
Group update: Joshua Rose has joined the group.

Met Michael Edwards, who has subsequently joined.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 22:07 by Spriter SR|XL »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 17:36 »
Pokémon Update: Minccino has been recieved from Professor Juniper.

In a eventual one-on-one battle, he was defeated in his first battle by Josh and Oshawott at the lab arena.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 21:57 by Spriter SR|XL »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 18:15 »
Update: Thomas Tramp has joined the group.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 12:04 »
Ryan caught a Purrloin. It's details have been added to the first post.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 16:44 »
Update:

Ryan has won his first badge, the Trio Badge.

Update:

Mincinno has learned Tail Slap. Minor changes to some parts, and changed layout of Friends and Enemies section slightly.

Ryan has obtained a Tirtouga.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 20:48 by Spriter SR|XL »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 17:17 »
Ryan's Eevee has evolved into Leafeon. It has also learned Leaf Blade.

Badge two and three have been obtained.

Ryan has caught a Spiritomb. Details to be added shortly.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 17:22 by Spriter SR|XL »