Author Topic: [P][Sf][Fu] The Way Out (Warning, will contain a LOT violence) [C]  (Read 21891 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OpalRhea

• PUK's unofficial psycho writing steampunked Charizard
  • Sentret Fan
  • Credit goes to meta spriters. Shiny Chary is smexy
    • View Profile
Re: [P][Sf][Fu] The Way Out (Warning, will contain violence) [C]
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 05:47 »
Starter is done. It's eh but... I'm terrible at starters so...

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 19:15 »
Alright, your characters have been accepted. We shall begin.... now

Keira was starting to calm herself down after everything and was starting to regain her composure as the group went on the way they came. However, something felt odd to Fleur, who kept looking over her shoulder. The buizel thought she saw the shadow of a flying creature over the treetops. She stopped to look around, but saw nothing. Odd. Fleur thought as she started to catch up with everyone else. The ninetales felt the same way and made her way over to Mikhial and asked him, "Mikhial, do you feel as if we're being.... watched?" Keira had grown a little more superstitious since joining the new group, and knew that the alakazam was the right one to ask about this. She had psychic powers of her own, but they weren't as refined as Mikhial's.

Fleur kept looking at the sky and behind her was they kept going. There was something out there that she didn't like and was about to ask Mikhial about it. However, as she looked over, Keira was consulting with the psychic type already. The buizel just kept walking, hoping this would get resolved.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 22:55 »
((just figuring out, how are SCRAP and 001 going to get caught up? Actually mainly worried about 001 since Cat said that it's a struggle for him to keep up with the rest.))
When Keira approached him and asked if he felt like they were being watched, Mikhial nodded "I do. If i reach, i can feel something behind and up above us. It's flying high, and just out of my range to grab it. I can feel... Regret, and worry. But the regret is the strongest emotion. I can drop back, get myself higher and stop it, if you and Fleur would like."

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 23:00 »
((They'll catch up. My worry is people not posting and then the rp falls apart))

Keira shakes her head, "Not needed, if it was close enough to attack, it would. Going back would just slow us." she says. The sun was setting and they'd likely have to stop soon for the day. However, it didn't seem safe to the ninetales to stop here, especially with whatever what following them. Maybe someone else in the group would figure it out. Fleur walked up besides Keira and asked her, "It's starting to get dark, should we stop here?" Keira shakes her head again and responds, "Maybe a bit farther, I don't think it's safe for us to stop with whatever that is following us. My thinking is that it will give up or get close enough for us to see what it is, and eliminate if needed."

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 00:37 »
((Yeah, Rhea, that was kinda my worry as well... I think I got it worked out, though it's a little rambly, but I don't want to spent the next half hour editing, so hopefully it's not too bad.))

In all of his struggling, 001 managed to flip himself over, which made him even more stuck but at least allowed him to breath. On a solid surface, he was able to lift his head up enough using his claws to get his mouth off the ground and allow him to breath on land, but in the snow, putting any weight on his claws just pushed them into the snow. Even just having his claws on the ground made them bury themselves into the snow and cause him to get stuck.

For a moment, he considered giving up and crawling back to the lab, but he quickly became angry at this thought. No, he was not going back to the lab and its crushing isolation. With some effort, he managed to flip himself back over and try to keep going; this time using his claws to pull himself along instead of letting them bury themselves into the snow when he moved. This actually let him go a little faster as well, only problem was it was still hard to breath. Soon, he hit a depression in the snow. The snow in it was harder and more densely packed than the snow around it. He rested a moment, then came to the realization that this was a footprint left by one of the larger pokemon. He wasn't sure which one, it was actually more likely it was left by several pokemon walking around the same spot, but that didn't matter. Lifting himself up a little, he noticed more footprints. In fact, practically an entire path had been packed down. He started to follow it. This made movement far easier.

With the sun setting, which meant the group was likely to rest soon, and the speed gained both by using his claws to pull himself forward and having a harder surface to walk on, he was confident he could catch up. The thought that they may be hostile toward him, or think he was hostile, or simply would not want him there, hadn't even crossed his mind, he was just excited to finally get out of that lab and the isolation that came with it.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 00:39 »
"Assessing situation." SCRAP buzzed quietly to himself. His camoflauge seemed to be working well; the Pokémon he was observing weren't aware of his presence as he followed them quietly in the trees. They did look alert though and were watching above them. There wasn't enough data to form a hypothesis to explain who this group is. SCRAP noticed some important differences between these Pokémon and some of the others he had encountered (and fled from or fought off) while searching for stones:
One– These Pokémon spoke among themselves and seemed to care for one another
Two- Theya acted as a team by planning and protecting one another
Three- Some of them held stones for reasons that weren't mindless

This last detail had not been high on SCRAP's priorties when the Pokémon began moving toward where he was, but now that he was properly hidden from them he could detect the faint anomalies emanating from the stones. One had a high heat signature, not unlike a stone he found earlier. Some others held stones he didn't have data on. This warranted sending another message to the Mossdeep Space Center as soon as he could determine of the Pokémon were hostile.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 03:09 »
((Hey just a head's up my posting may be only once or twice a day; I have a very busy class schedule and a massive outside project I've been assigned so I have to juggle my time. Thanks for understanding! ;u; ))

Sixx's ears twitched, and he looked around as the small group headed forward. "Something following us?" He said quietly. He sighed a bit and stretched, shaking out his fluffy mane, "Great."

Patrick bounded along next to him, smiling breezily. "I'm sure it's nothing we can't handle!" Just then, his feelers wiggled a bit, and the Sylveon turned his head, stopping and squinting. He could swear he could see something...hopping? Hopping along their footprints in the snow? He blinked, shaking his head. "That's weird!" He remarked to no one in particular. The way his feelers were wobbling about make him giggle; they seemed almost excited for something!

"Hey, Patty. Come on," Sixx called, glancing back and seeing his brother was now several paces behind him. He heard Keira saw they weren't stopped for a little while still, and he didn't want Patrick to get left behind. Thankfully, Patrick perked up and quickly came back over. The Zoroark rolled his eyes a little and pressed forward, "Don't dawdle, dude. We move fast."

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 23:41 »
((It's cool Dana. That's all most of us can get out a day anyways. Unlike me, you people have a life.  :P))

Fleur looks behind her again. She could've sworn that something was behind them, but what was it? The buizel shrugged. The group approached a little clearing with minimal snow, spring was approaching, which is good for traveling. So, the snow was starting to melt. Fleur looked at Keira, who was scoping the area out a little bit. Night has already fallen. "Keira, I think that this area seems safe enough to stay." said Fleur. Keira sighed, "I suppose that we can't go on forever, but there's something out there. I have this feeling....." said the ninetales, but she kept talking, "I think we need a sort of sentry." Keira kept thinking, and Fleur didn't like the look on her friend's face. This meant that Keira was going to stay up again to watch over everyone.

"Keira, you can't stay up half the night every night. Trust me, it's not healthy." Fleur said. Keira sighed again, "Yes, I know mom." she said. Fleur had a chuckle at that, and Keira smiled at that. "Nice to see that your sense of humor is still there. I'll do it tonight." said the buizel. She volunteered, not because she wanted to do it, but she knew ever since they met Keira that she was a bit insecure and on edge all the time. Back when the ninetales was a vulpix, she was attacked by the d-day pokemon the first time, getting her into this mess. The night is also when the water types ambushed her old comrades. Keira shook her head, "Not the whole night. I'll take the first half, if that's ok with you. It's likely that whatever's out there will think we're all out and likely will strike then. Either that or Ryu again. If it's Ryu, i'd love another go around." she said. Fleur seemed satisfied with this and then announced to everyone else, "Alright everyone, we'll stop here unless anyone objects. Keira and I will be on guard and will wake you if something comes up." Keira then said, "I'll get a fire going, and I just noticed a berry bush right behind us. Unless you want to hunt a d-day pokemon, that's what we have for dinner. If you choose to bag a d-day, don't get yourself killed. We still need you to help get back to Kalos." The ninetales went off to search for wood and found good wood quickly and lit a fire. "Alright guys! Enjoy the night. Fleur said as she went over to Keira to figure out what to do next.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 03:20 »
The strange group of Pokémon began harvesting lumber and setting it ablaze. SCRAP has some data on this phenomenom: the flames would help regulate temperature to comfortable levels and improve quality of sleep and comfort. These Pokémon were all resting and would soon, in theory, fall asleep for the night. They were of no immediate threat unless they perceived SCRAP to be one. It would be best to not move toward them suddenly or arise suspicion.

Speaking of moving suddenly, there came some shuffling down the path that the other Pokémon were on. SCRAP floated over and saw something heading towards the group. It was a strange sort of creature: akin to some insect type Pokémon. This was the extent of his knowledge of the Pokémon. It appeared to have trouble approaching the others. If the other Pokémon regulated body temperature via fire, it would be logical that this little one out in the cold would appreciate assitance getting to the warmth. If it proved hostile, at least he would have sufficient time to slip away before alerting the others. He returned to his normal color and texture near the path the others walked.

"[Comforting] Do you require assistance reaching optimal environmental temperature?" SCRAP beeped to the creature hopping along in the snow.

Offline OpalRhea

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 03:39 »
It was getting close to nightfall. Mentally, Reiru cursed. This would mean she'd need to go on foot to make sure that she didn't overshoot the others. She dropped lower, until her feet crunched into the snow. The cold made her grimace. Although at least the snow wasn't as deep as it had been back in Unova, or worse, back in Sinnoh. For a moment, she considered cursing Arceus, but she knew by now that he didn't listen, to either curses or prayers.
Carefully, slowly, she walked, following the footprints she could see in the snow. It would start melting soon, spring being so close.
She moved forward with trepidation, knowing that she couldn't turn back, but uncertain if this other group would have her.
~~
When Keira and Fleur agreed to stop, Mikhial nodded in recognition, but continued to float himself above the ground. When Keira went to go get wood, Mikhial looked after her, thinking. She takes so much on herself. I wonder if she realises that we would give her... No. Of course she does. She just chooses to only accept help from Fleur. She's had to grow up so fast, in the middle of this whole thing. I hope... When this is over... She'll have a chance to be the child she is.
After Keira lit the fire, Mikhial floated over to the two females "I can take a watch if either of you want a full night's sleep." He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Keira with this statement. "Also, besides whatever had been following us from the air, there's something else. It feels small, and confused. It seems, from what I can feel of it, to be following in our tracks."
((Just clarifying, Mikhial can't sense dark types, or certain Pokemon (mostly the Porygon line, since they're basically living data, and don't have a 'mind'). Just making sure you guys know that I'm not ignoring SCRAP, it's just that Mikhial can't sense him.))

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 04:35 »
001 stopped in his tracks when he heard a voice. He looked for the owner of this voice, and found a strange pink... pokemon? The other pokemon were unfamiliar, but this was completely foreign to him. Just, something about those sharp angles that made up its body just seemed unnatural... And it was floating, which also seemed weird. But, though he couldn't understand what this thing said, it didn't seem hostile. Its voice was unlike anything he had heard before, but it sounded like it was using a kind tone.

He took a few cautious steps toward it and gave it a confused and curious look, tilting his head slightly to the side, then asked "[What was that? And who are you?]" The language he spoke in was one long forgotten, and he figured the strange pokemon would understand him as well as he understood it, which is to say not at all, but he thought it would be worth a try.
The wind blew, causing the little Anorith to shiver slightly. He didn't care much for the cold, and it had grown much colder as the sun set.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2014, 17:18 »
"[Informative] Initiating language detection routine." SCRAP clicked. Code written into him would allow him to translate a variety of languages, as well as understand them. Of course, the langauges he was able to speak and understand were limited to the handful of most commonly spoken tongues from his planet. There was a soft whirring noise as the Pokémon lowered it's head to begin analysis.
"[Error] Language not recognized. Using closest match." SCRAP's eyes flashed briefly before he spoke again. He understood the creature's words to be "Explain that. Who are you being?". Thankfully, the language seemed to be the basis of some modern langauges ((think Latin to French)). Conversation was possible, but would likely be slow. It didn't help that the Porygon was limited to direct translation.

"[Informative] Man is SCRAP, made from Mossdeep Sky Home. I labor to learn and explore other worlds." the Porygon beeped. "[Informative] Please detail request: explain 'that'."

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 19:38 »
He watched as the creature's eyes flashed and it made a few noises that didn't sound like language. Then, after a moment, it said something he sort of understood. The words weren't completely familiar, but 001 could understand the basis of what the pokemon, SCRAP, was saying. He spoke rather strangely though. He wanted 001 to explain what he meant by 'that'? The Anorith realized it would be better to speak as plainly as possible. "[Umm, I just meant 'what did you say?']"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25 »
 Keira and Fleur debated back and forth on who should get first watch, since Keira hadn't slept in about 40 hours, and it showed. It went something like this ((Keira in orange and Fleur in Blue, obviously))

"Come on! You need a break. You aren't arceus, you can't go on much longer like this." "I'm used to it, plus i'm going to get some sleep soon anyways, may as well take first watch." "Still, I know you don't trust us fully." "I never said that." "It's as clear as crystal." Keira rolls her eyes. "Ugh, fine. You're right, I don't trust the lot of ya. I still want first watch." "Nice to see you admit it, and no, you aren't on first watch." "I'll fight you for it." "Unwise, you're a fire type, i'm water." "Type doesn't matter, i'm bigger." "Size doesn't matter if you can't catch me." "One word, extrasensory." "I'm still not backing down." Both were normally relaxed, or in Keira's case, less nervous than Sixx. However, when they did argue with someone, they had a strong will. Seeing as they are both that way, they'd likely stay up all night before conceding. Then Mikhial came over and made his offer. They both at the same time yelled, "No!" Then Keira finally spoke again, "Fine.... guess it's the hard way." She had a glint in her violet eye and a few faint beams of red light shot out of the black tips of her nine tails.

Fleur instantly knew that the ninetales was using hypnosis and darted out of the way. Keira kept firing off hypnosis after hypnosis at the buizel, trying not to hit anyone else. Finally, Fleur found a shiny rock and hurled it at one of the beams. The red beam bounced back and hit Keira square in the chest. She was out cold instantly. Fleur nervously laughed and then responded to Mikhial, "Sorry about that. I'll take first watch and wake you when it's your turn. She needed some sleep, but she won't admit it." The buizel then climbed a tree to get a better vantage point in case something were to attack. Keira, meanwhile, slept soundly about a meter (for you metric using people) from the fires.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05 »
((Alright OpalRhea. I was thinking Porygon would be tough to detect with psychic powers as those feed off mental energies. It'll make things interesting if our characters perceive the other as hostile. Doubt a Porygon would be much threat to an Alakazam, haha.))

"Request understood. [Comforting] Do you want to go to the fire?" the Porygon asked. "[Questioning] Are you slowed behind your allies?" he continued, turning to face the other Pokémon who were huddled around the campfire. The large Ninetails was asleep, but some of the others were awake and on look out. Perhaps this small insect creature was a friend that fell behind? SCRAP could get to the stones for analysis if they saw him as a nonthreat and if he explained his reason for analyzing the stones. Surely they would understand: it was flawless logic.