Author Topic: Franchises you want to get into, but haven't  (Read 2502 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Franchises you want to get into, but haven't
« on: January 17, 2015, 12:12 »
This topic was done before, but the topic turned into a Zelda discussion because it was in the title, so what are some franchises you've always wanted to get into, but haven't? Also, what is preventing you from getting into them?

There are a lot for me. I really want to get into Metroid, but the multiple endings that force you to speedrun the game bothers me because I like taking my time with games. Also, the original Metroid is crazy difficult and poorly designed (in my opinion, gotta put that out there before my head gets ripped off), and I want to play Zero Mission to start the series chronologically, but Nintendo won't put it on the US eShop.

So yeah, let me know yours.

Edit: 5 days later and I've completed Metroid Zero Mission and solidified my love for this series
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 09:38 by Richard and Blaziken »
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Franchises you want to get into, but haven't
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 12:18 »
Elder Scrolls has always interested me but it seems like such an effort to play and I don't really have the time for it

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 14:28 »
Zero Mission > Metroid, easily and is a brilliant place to start.  I'm sure it'll come out for the (Wii U) VC eventually, isn't Fusion Up? MZ can't be far behind.

For me, it'd be:
Splinter Cell:  I love Metal Gear and Stealth gameplay, dunno why I haven't picked this up yet, I think I'd enjoy it.
Dragon Quest: I love Final Fantasy and other Big RPGs, and I have two unplayed DQ games on my shelves, no idea why I haven't started yet.
Kirby: Never played it, but it's so cute and colorful I wonder why I haven't yet.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 18:03 »
The Team Fortress mythos and characters intrigue me, but I'm not really big on/good at first-person shooters. I like their comics, though. Just waiting for a Team Fortress game that I'd actually play...

(On a side note, considering TF characters cameo in other things, I'm surprised we haven't seen more straight-up crossovers. Eh, I suppose Valve has its own priorities...)

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 19:19 »
I have to think either Dragon Quest or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I've played a little of the latter but not that much.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 21:39 »
This topic was done before, but the topic turned into a Zelda discussion because it was in the title, so what are some franchises you've always wanted to get into, but haven't? Also, what is preventing you from getting into them?

There are a lot for me. I really want to get into Metroid, but the multiple endings that force you to speedrun the game bothers me because I like taking my time with games. Also, the original Metroid is crazy difficult and poorly designed (in my opinion, gotta put that out there before my head gets ripped off), and I want to play Zero Mission to start the series chronologically, but Nintendo won't put it on the US eShop.

So yeah, let me know yours.

Dude do yourself a favour and download Super Metroid like right now. And don't worry too much about the endings, the differences are generally cosmetic rather than anything to do with the plot. But yeh compared to Zero Mission the original is kind of a mess lol. (I kinda wish they'd remake Return of Samus to make that less random and confusing as well) But Super Metroid is, imo, the most perfect game ever made. Difficulty, atmosphere, pacing, soundtrack, uuuuggggh it's so amazing. If you don't like it I will personally paypal your money back!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 21:42 by Clairefable »

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 12:46 »
Persona and Shin Megumi Tensei. I never had any of the sony consoles so I could never get Persona, and I guess I'm in a similar situation with SMT.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 13:47 »
that weird pokey man thing my dad always talks about

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 14:16 »
I would like to understand more Blizzard's creatures, but Diablo is hard to play, WoW is expensive, and Hearthstone has some missleading cards.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 16:33 »
I would like to understand more Blizzard's creatures, but Diablo is hard to play, WoW is expensive, and Hearthstone has some missleading cards.

Diablo's another one for me but I wouldn't be able to go on a hard difficulty for it haha

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 16:53 »
Final Fantasy and Metroid for me. They both look like a lot of fun, but i'm a moneyless scrub atm.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 21:48 »
Surprisingly enough I want to try a Kirby game. I don't know why, but I'm good with the Kirby characters in SSB4 bar King Dedede. Meta Knight is pretty badass, I'd like to try the game some time and give it a test.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 15:51 »
Kirby is one for me, I played Epic Yarn and that was a blast but otherwise...

Fire Emblem is starting to get me interested, I'm curious about the FE characters who feature in SSB4 to be honest. Not going to be buying such a game anytime soon however, Wii U games take priority and I need like...3 more before I can start with 3DS games.

Xenoblade is another one, but it'll be a while first because of the above reason.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 00:28 »
The sad thing about FE games is that the first 6 games (and the 12th game) are Japanese only, FE11 is pretty poor, FE9/10 are very rare (and FE9 had the best plot so it's a shame more people can't play this game), and FE7/8 are also rare.  FE13 you'll just learn about Lucina and Robin and hear passing references to Marth and Ike.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 14:53 »
Elder Scrolls is definitely one of them. I couldn't really get into Dragon Age either.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel