Author Topic: Netflix Streaming  (Read 880 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Netflix Streaming
« on: October 21, 2015, 17:24 »
For anyone else here with netflix, what shows or movies have you watched recently that you would (or wouldn't) recommend others to watch? 90% of what I watch is something on netflix so I like to see what's good before they retire it.

My suggestions:
An Idiot Abroad
- Best travel documentary ever. I'd never heard of the show before I decided to give it a try, but it's hilarious. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send their cowardly and close-minded friend Karl who means well on crazy cultural trips around the world. Hilarity ensues.
Narcos
- Plays out like something on HBO, but it's a Netflix original. It's about drug lord Pablo Escobar's rise and fall, and shows the perspective of both the drug lords as well as the US DEA agents who try to capture him.
Hot Fuzz
- My friend said this was one of his favorite movies and said it was really clever and exciting. I don't even know how to describe why this movie's so awesome. If you haven't seen it, just watch it.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- I've been watching this for months now. There's just so much of it, and it's the kind of humor you get from watching awful people do awful things. If you met any of the main characters in real life, you'd hate them. Luckily the writing and acting is SO good you'll love the characters anyway. Season 5 had the most gems I'd say.

I think the next movie I'm gonna watch will be Beasts of No Nation. I've heard it's absolutely amazing but with my schedule at the moment I've been having a hard time carving out 2 hours to watch the movie.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Streaming
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 17:59 »
Once Upon A Time. ONCE UPON A TIME. The best TV show I have ever watched. Fairytale trash. Romance trash. Drama. Magic. Devilishly handsome pirates.

I only really use Netflix for OUAT and Disney films... Watching anything else on there feels somehow wrong to me.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
Re: Netflix Streaming
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 11:04 »
An Idiot Abroad
- Best travel documentary ever. I'd never heard of the show before I decided to give it a try, but it's hilarious. Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send their cowardly and close-minded friend Karl who means well on crazy cultural trips around the world. Hilarity ensues.

Karl Pilkington was their producer when they were both working for XFM back in the early 2000s. Shortly after Stephen went to do a producer course at the BBC and had to make a short film. They used David Brent, a character created for the XFM show as the main character. Thus, The Office and Steve Carrell's career was born (joke). The podcasts are incredibly funny if you can pick them up on iTunes.

Hot Fuzz
- My friend said this was one of his favorite movies and said it was really clever and exciting. I don't even know how to describe why this movie's so awesome. If you haven't seen it, just watch it.

As someone who grew up in rural England I can confirm everything you see in Hot Fuzz is true. It has the best ending- Apparently that whole graveyard scene was written to annoy the American audience.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel