Poll

Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes
7 (50%)
No
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: July 30, 2014, 23:04

Author Topic: Do you believe in ghosts?  (Read 6269 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 22:23 »
should i make a joke about spirits here or would that be too obvious?

Yes. Make the joke. We will all groan, but someone needs to make the joke  ;D

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 22:34 »
nah its ok, the joke was me alluding to the joke instead of actually coming up with anything substantial. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 22:53 »
what is an expensive & delicious liquor you like i will posess it and bring it to your house

regularly

For our resident aged Scotswoman? Come on, that HAS to be a good old Scotch Whisky!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 22:57 by .~:Sly Foxx:~. »

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 12:30 »
Supernatural stuff isn't something I take to very much. I mean when you think of ghosts, you end up thinking of demons then it goes to a heaven and hell sort of thing and then all of a sudden...yeah. I think that if god isn't proven to exist, then ghosts aren't proven. For me, ghosts are related to the whole religion thing in one way at least. Which is pretty much based on faith, not solid proof. Maybe a God does exist, which would possibly mean ghosts do. But maybe God has different teachings and such to some of the rubbish in the bible. But when we have all this science floating around us, it's pretty much established that stuff like ghostly experiences could be mere coincidence. For example, people who have suffered from sleep paralysis always state that they've seen ghosts floating around the room (or even demons and the devil himself). That's stuff to do with being half-awake half-asleep and REM and all that jazz mostly. There are unexplained phenomenon, but then there are possibly billions of things we haven't seen yet (e.g. the whole of the universe and all of the planet arrangements, life in other parts of the universe, countless bits of unknown science, the other side of black holes which is pretty much impossible to do...you name it.)

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 14:48 »
Supernatural stuff isn't something I take to very much. I mean when you think of ghosts, you end up thinking of demons then it goes to a heaven and hell sort of thing and then all of a sudden...yeah. I think that if god isn't proven to exist, then ghosts aren't proven. For me, ghosts are related to the whole religion thing in one way at least. Which is pretty much based on faith, not solid proof. Maybe a God does exist, which would possibly mean ghosts do. But maybe God has different teachings and such to some of the rubbish in the bible. But when we have all this science floating around us, it's pretty much established that stuff like ghostly experiences could be mere coincidence. For example, people who have suffered from sleep paralysis always state that they've seen ghosts floating around the room (or even demons and the devil himself). That's stuff to do with being half-awake half-asleep and REM and all that jazz mostly. There are unexplained phenomenon, but then there are possibly billions of things we haven't seen yet (e.g. the whole of the universe and all of the planet arrangements, life in other parts of the universe, countless bits of unknown science, the other side of black holes which is pretty much impossible to do...you name it.)

I think honestly poltergeists are when you throw a spanner in the works of the REM theory. I've seen stuff literally shoot off a completely level table for no reason, no wind, no pranks, nothing like that. It is the weirdest most bizarre thing (and pretty creepy too) I've seen. At a friend's grandmother's house I also saw the tail-end of a book fly off a bookshelf in a low ark and land on the floor (meaning, I didn't see it air off the shelf, but I saw it in the air and land on the floor. Apparently that was surprising but not uncommon at their house. If I logically put my mind to it, my theory isn't ghostly or scary at all, but at the time it's still pretty freaky when it actually happens.

Offline glash101

• Pokenerd in da house!
  • Rex Fan
  • Epicness prevails
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 04:19 »
To who doesn't believe in ghosts: How does logic explain Haunter?
Swag

It happens.

0 Bronyspriter Points
1 SB Coin
0 Draghost points

Now offering Glash Gems.5 for random awesome pic.10 for Specific EPIC Pic.100 for a 3D,Very epic version of your favorite Pokemon.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 13:41 »
He/she is a pokemon, that's different.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 15:44 »
To who doesn't believe in ghosts: How does logic explain Haunter?
Haunter is a ball of gas, pretty much.

quack98

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2013, 15:46 »
Or, following that idea, if Ice Creams can't make blizzards, how does logic explain vanniluxe?

Offline glash101

• Pokenerd in da house!
  • Rex Fan
  • Epicness prevails
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 04:08 »
Yeah! If they can't how do those pokemon do it?
Swag

It happens.

0 Bronyspriter Points
1 SB Coin
0 Draghost points

Now offering Glash Gems.5 for random awesome pic.10 for Specific EPIC Pic.100 for a 3D,Very epic version of your favorite Pokemon.

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 13:50 »
Because Pokémon are fictional and only exist in fictional worlds where nothing has to make sense.

The basic assumption about ghosts is that they exist in our world so any explanation about what they are and what they can do must adhere to the rules and laws of our world.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

quack98

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 15:09 »
assumption

This sums up ghosts. An assumption. Someone thought it made sense, and will have claimed to have seen them, and I believe all other sitings have been a sort of placebo effect, in which ghosts have been treat as a scapegoat to solve an enigma.

I have the same view on God, Witchcraft, satanism and the like.