Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380794 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2015, 17:22 »
ive been cat called twice in two days and it made me feel very uncomfortable and violated but at least i get to bask in the fact that if i had raised my arms all they'd have realised that i haven't shaved my armpits in the past week and gone back to finding people who fit into their paradimes of beauty.  also l o l i'm underage and what is colloquially termed cat calling is called street harassment in less colloquial terms.  harassment.  u get me??

why didn't davcam make this illegal in 2012 i mean

what classes at catcalling these days like whistling and that?

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2015, 18:10 »
what classes at catcalling these days like whistling and that?

whistling yeah
generally commenting on a girls appearance either positively or negatively as if it concerns you (hey sexy/nice legs/nice tits/that dress makes you look sexy/your legs are too hairy/you need to shave your armpits/youd look so much nicer if you smiled/youd look much nicer with longer hair/etc)
sexually driven comments or compliments
basically treating girls like objects and not like human beings and feeling like its your place to eye them up or talk to them like theyre a piece of meat

like god i see it from men all the time just stay in your sweaty hairy lanes nobody wants you or cares what you think

ironic for me to say that because im swerving so messily out my own lane but guess who got catcalled as if i was a girl today! im heated!

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2015, 19:11 »
Ahh i see, yeh i always thought it was a bit weird and gimpy that people would whistle at girls as they walked by. Even makes me feel uncomfortable tbh. I don't really see or hear much of it so i haven't given it much thought in the past, hence my confusion. If i was to see a pretty girl walking down the street and i thought, yeah i find her attractive and had a quick glance at her would that count? Is there like a discrepancy between ogling and making them feel uncormfortable, or perhaps trying to make conversation and telling her she looks nice?

I dunno, i'm just a bit confused as to at what point it becomes harassment and stops being friendly.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2015, 19:26 »
I'm getting harassed like that by my supervisor's daughter. It's flattering but at the same time it's like whoooa. I even got sent a video where she was talking all about me and what she was gonna do to me D:

You don't need to be able to sing as the vocoder/auto-tune will pitch it for you. I've been using it for years  :laugh:

Vocoder is a little more advanced though, haven't figured it all out yet.

well yeah, but like, I can't even sing at all, and it'd be cool to be able to sing and to stretch out the vocals and stuff like that to give it those mixed effects

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2015, 19:36 »
Is there like a discrepancy between ogling and making them feel uncormfortable, or perhaps trying to make conversation and telling her she looks nice?
generally i don't mind too much if someone's just looks for a couple of seconds or so but it gets uncomfortable when men who are at least 20 years older stick a head out of the car to look at you and wink and raise their eyebrows like that is very very weird and uncomfortable but i don't mind if people just look.  telling someone they look nice/ trying to make conversation is fine i'd say as long as you've walked up to them and said hi and introduced yourself and asked if you can walk with them for a bit etc and made sure they don't feel uncomfortable with it

essentially don't yell "woah nice tits!!!" and a barrage of things i don't hear bc i'm trying to fend off a panic attack and all is good

i'm very hungry and holby is on in 23 minutes but can't do dinner until ned cleans the kitchen

thanks gl <3

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2015, 20:15 »
yeah like taking a glance is fine but theres a sort of like...
after about 5 seconds it begins to get weird especially if youre staring at the titty or the Ass type deal. 10 seconds is too much and 20 should probably lead to some kind of intervention from a passerby or a friend.

I'm getting harassed like that by my supervisor's daughter. It's flattering but at the same time it's like whoooa. I even got sent a video where she was talking all about me and what she was gonna do to me D:

thats. really creepy lmao get a restraining order.

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2015, 20:44 »
aha yeh nice one cheers for clearing it up. can definitely understand it being a bit of an issue.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2015, 20:52 »
thats. really creepy lmao get a restraining order.

like, it's semi-banterish but it doesn't feel quite stalkerish (yet)

if it got to a point where I was genuinely 100% worried I would get one though

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2015, 23:48 »
 Boober is the same colour as the floor and it's dark and she sleeps in silly places so I've only gone and kicked her in the face by accident. She was sleeping right in front of the door so I didn't see her. I was walking slowly so it was a little nudge and she didn't even stir.

Like... who sleeps in front of a door?

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2015, 04:19 »
Like... who sleeps in front of a door?
it's a dog thing. Obi does it alllll the time, but thankfully where he is black the floor is not and he's quick to move his booty.

it's 4:20 am (lmao blaze it) and i said to my mum after waking her up bc i was in a lot of pain i wouldn't stay up long but look where i am

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2015, 12:51 »
It was the funeral of Jules Bianchi yesterday. He finally succombed to his injuries sustained at the Japanese Grand Prix last November and never woke up from his coma.

As a big F1 fan it's quite saddening. I can only just remember Senna and Ratzenberger dying at Imola 94 but don't/won't remember it as vividly as this.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 22, 2015, 14:40 »
aha yeh nice one cheers for clearing it up. can definitely understand it being a bit of an issue.

yeah if you're just trying to be nice then looking at them, smiling, and saying hello accomplishes everything that catcalling can without putting the girl on the defensive.

i can and can't wait to go back to college (only one more month of summer). i really wanna start hitting the gym again and meet new people, and i have really high hopes for what kinds of grades i can get this semester. i miss my routine of going to the library, getting tea, and locking myself in there for an hour every day to do my work haha.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 22, 2015, 15:31 »
It was the funeral of Jules Bianchi yesterday. He finally succombed to his injuries sustained at the Japanese Grand Prix last November and never woke up from his coma.

As a big F1 fan it's quite saddening. I can only just remember Senna and Ratzenberger dying at Imola 94 but don't/won't remember it as vividly as this.

Bianchi was my absolute favourite driver too - I had loads of his merch. It's just so tragic and unfair.
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 22, 2015, 15:54 »
Well, it's probably not as much of a problem as some of everyone elses', but it seems like when I actually want to do my summer homework, everyone else wants me to wait on them hand and foot.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 22, 2015, 16:53 »
got told me médicament would stop me from hallucinating and being delusional but here i am

waking up

hallucinating vividly

trying to figure out how to lower my body temperature enough to avoid snipers outside from seeing me with heat detection cameras

im not due another appointment with my psychiatrist for another (checks watch) 3 months and i need to get my ass to college This Year somehow but i cant live like this? i cant go into the world like this. i hate complaining about my brainweird problems here bc people are probably just like god shut up we get it youre a goddamn psycho but tumblr just gets annoying about this stuff and my family just tell me to stop worrying LOL

the christians gave me

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ