Author Topic: UEPC  (Read 6070 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: UEPC
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 23:02 »
^Well you shouldn't make fun of people in their intro threads. =P
hahahahahahaha

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 23:27 »
I joined but Muhed getting banned is ridiculous, they even have their own constitution, what a laugh. You wouldn't guess they're running a POKEMON forum, they treat it like it's an actual continent  :laugh:

Muhed is the new Mumia

FREE MUHED.

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 23:33 »
I joined but Muhed getting banned is ridiculous, they even have their own constitution, what a laugh. You wouldn't guess they're running a POKEMON forum, they treat it like it's an actual continent  :laugh:

I have to admit, I love law and legal stuff...but having a constitution that lengthy for what is primarily a way for EU Pokémon gamers to connect seems a bit...extreme.

Offline The Wroth

• 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Winner of PKMN.NET JAN 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 01:32 »
As funny as it would be to lie about it and get Muhed the troll permabanned within like 3 days of joining a site, i PM'd the main administrator telling him i took no offense =P

Offline Mushroom

• PKMN.NET's Original Pirate Captain
  • Elite Four Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "Last Post On The Page" King
    • View Profile
    • My Music Review Site
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 07:22 »
As funny as it would be to lie about it and get Muhed the troll permabanned within like 3 days of joining a site, i PM'd the main administrator telling him i took no offense =P

They emailed me asking whether I took offense or not. I told them no, obviously

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 07:46 »
I take offense at the whole thing, where was our referendum! This mirrors real EU politics so much that it's scary.

Trainer Dave

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 09:03 »
Might I point out that the admins of that site probably don't know who Muhed is? I could quite easily understand them banning a 'new guy' that turns up and starts poking fun at other new members, especially if they're unaware that these people already knew each-other. I'd hardly call it outrageous. ^^

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 09:06 »
Might I point out that the admins of that site probably don't know who Muhed is? I could quite easily understand them banning a 'new guy' that turns up and starts poking fun at other new members, especially if they're unaware that these people already knew each-other. I'd hardly call it outrageous. ^^

To be fair, I'd be more inclined to agree with you if that was more of the story, but it wasn't.  Muhed had posted and showed he was willing to have sensible debate, so it wasn't as if he's posts were solely just 'insulting' others.  Furthermore, there was no verbal warning given to him at any stage, I'd think it's a rather slippery way of doing things if you're going to do it rigidly.  Something like a premaban in this situation should not be taken rigidly as this, but rather it should be a weighted decision.

But I have high hopes for this place and sure it will floruish.. just needs a little toothing time.

Typhlosion

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 19:57 »
To be fair, I'd be more inclined to agree with you if that was more of the story, but it wasn't.  Muhed had posted and showed he was willing to have sensible debate, so it wasn't as if he's posts were solely just 'insulting' others.  Furthermore, there was no verbal warning given to him at any stage, I'd think it's a rather slippery way of doing things if you're going to do it rigidly.  Something like a premaban in this situation should not be taken rigidly as this, but rather it should be a weighted decision.

If someone came on here and posted in more than one topic, leaving what can easily be construed as offensive, flaming posts, then I'd ban them as well. Why not a permanent ban? The only way the mods there can interpret it as a member who has joined simply to cause trouble. They're not mind readers, they don't know the background, and to be honest, I think it was a bit of a foolish thing to do. Still, the matter looks to be sorted out, which is good, but maybe people should be a little more careful in what they post in front of staff who don't know all the details.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 20:15 »
the difference is that i stated i was a member of this place and i posted some thoughtful posts in other threads that, in the name of common sense, could tip someone off to saying "yeah maybe this kid's kidding about throwing blatant insults and flamebait to members of the very board he came from."  i even used a heart after one of my insults ~_~

but w/e, i acknowledge this isn't the time or place.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 20:22 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Typhlosion

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 21:40 »
the difference is that i stated i was a member of this place and i posted some thoughtful posts in other threads that, in the name of common sense, could tip someone off to saying "yeah maybe this kid's kidding about throwing blatant insults and flamebait to members of the very board he came from."  i even used a heart after one of my insults ~_~

But people don't check every post you make when they read something they don't like :p I can see both sides of it, and I think it's very telling they lifted your ban once you made your case.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 01:18 »
they lifted my ban once they asked the people if they were offended, they didn't care much about my side of it at all.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 07:00 »
Is it like the European Union? And does it include Pokemon sites in Polish?

Offline Lugiafanatic

• Lugia
  • Joeno Fan
  • Thanks to dark-snorlax for the avvy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 18:25 »
American Utack feels alienated by strange online European Pokemon communities.[/joke]

Looks rather nifty, and it's amusing to try and make sense of what the french site is saying ^-^ Hooray for pkmn.net making friends with other sites!
I'm American too!!! Hey, why don't Muhed, you, and I set up a community for the Americas? =P
I am Lugia, the guardian of the sea.

--------
We're looking for mods here. Please join and PM me there for details!